Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | X-men: Apocalypse

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

X-men: Apocalypse

Old 18-05-2016, 04:38   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
X-men: Apocalypse

Just got back from another triple bill and midnight premiere. I have got to say that when First Class first came out I wasn't wowed by it but I enjoyed it more watching it again tonight. I loved Days of Future Past from the get go because it had the original cast in. This film is excellent as well but because of how cleverly they have done the story. Tbh I found the main story and bad guy a bit out of place like the whole story line for LoT but what they have done in X-Men is what they did in Captain America Civil War and that is introduce new characters very cleverly. I have said many a time when discussing tv series and movies in other threads that I enjoy stuff the more realistic it is and the more you can see of a world the more you can believe it is real. Deadpool was awesome but the one thing which let is down was the lack of X-men. Had they not gone to Xavier's School then I wouldn't have thought anything of it but the fact that the whole place was empty was stupid and it is a good job they made fun of it.

The thing which I loved about this film is that they touch on the origin stories of Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler, Jean and Scott. I loved the original X-men trilogy but you see them in all their glory with everything setup and you ask yourself things like:

1) Magneto keeps calling Professor X old friend, what sort of relationship did they have when they were younger
2) How did Professor find all the X-men
3) I wonder what they were like when they were all alone and before he brought them together

I could go on but you get the point. I love how they are brining everyone together, dealing with their personal issues, so you can see how it all builds to what we know in the future. It is a bit like Star Wars in a way; we know how it all ends up and now we are seeing how it happened. I hope we get at least one more film with them being fully fledged X-men. It would be nice to see people like Storm and Scott fully integrated into the group and have learnt to use their powers with discipline and accuracy.

When you go and see it stay right till the very end of the credits and watch the teaser for whatever the next film is. I am assuming it is to do with Wolverine. I understand what happened in the scene but somebody is going to have to explain the relevance of the briefcase and company logo on it because I didn't get that at all.

Last edited by General Maximus; 18-05-2016 at 04:44.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement