Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 15-02-2014, 12:00   #1816
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

I plugged in a ms keyboard & could get it to work will check later, might even reboot
Old 15-02-2014, 12:33   #1817
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

TV is still suffering from judder. Plus I can't get the mute command to work. Haven't received the update yet though
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 13:24   #1818
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

The Judder is meant to be updated in the March update, make sure your X1 is on 'instant on' as i hear that may help.
Old 15-02-2014, 15:37   #1819
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Now that the dreaded sharpening filter sub 1080p has been removed here are some before and after screenies, i think it looks better.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=769367

And some animated gifs of before and after the filter removal in Titanfall.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/...pening-filter/
Old 15-02-2014, 15:42   #1820
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
The Judder is meant to be updated in the March update, make sure your X1 is on 'instant on' as i hear that may help.
Yup, you must have the console set to "Instant On" for the update to be downloaded automatically.

The Xbox One will download the update when in standby mode. Once it has downloaded, the light on the PSU will go from white to orange. The next time you then boot up, it will install the update...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 23:09   #1821
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I see a lot of X1 games are sub £40s now which is nice.
Old 16-02-2014, 07:11   #1822
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Mine updated over night (got woken up by the blinking light on the front of the console). In other news my day one controller seems to have developed a fault. The left analog stick when rotated seem to be sticking against something inside the controller and also gets stuck when pushed down. Think a repair is in order
Old 16-02-2014, 08:27   #1823
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I appreciate all the comments on here, it is the only way I know when to do things (like updates)
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 11:44   #1824
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Mine updated over night (got woken up by the blinking light on the front of the console). In other news my day one controller seems to have developed a fault. The left analog stick when rotated seem to be sticking against something inside the controller and also gets stuck when pushed down. Think a repair is in order
Dismantle it and have a look before sending it back as you probably won't get a day one controller in return.

This video will show you how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ-2oQMgVLE
Old 16-02-2014, 12:16   #1825
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

From the looks of it, the stick just pops off once it's dismantled
Old 16-02-2014, 14:16   #1826
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Better off just buying a new one, IMO.

If you want it repaired, then (unless MS has had another U-turn) you'll have to cover the cost of shipping the faulty controller to Prague in the Czech Republic... and then will have to wait...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 14:29   #1827
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

I'll probably do just that Matt, saves waiting around for UPS waiting two weeks etc. just means I'll lose the front cover on it, which isn't a big deal
Old 16-02-2014, 14:43   #1828
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I'll probably do just that Matt, saves waiting around for UPS waiting two weeks etc. just means I'll lose the front cover on it, which isn't a big deal
You can swap the covers over and the chrome Dpad easily, but atleast try and repair it yourself it could be very simple.
Old 16-02-2014, 14:44   #1829
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

http://www.techienews.co.uk/976456/t...box-one-users/

I am downloading now
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2014, 14:45   #1830
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Good link but probably should go in the Titanfall thread.