Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season
Closed Thread

Old 18-11-2005, 22:22   #1531
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: [Merged] The Football Thread 2005/2006 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
Are most United fans (proper ones, not plastic ones from Tunbridge):
a) Behind the manager and glad to see the back of the troublesomeMr. Keane
b) Behind Mr. Keane and highly p!ssed off at the manner of his departure

The ones I know are firmly in b. PR crisis, as I said.
No, we're probably c): Behind whatever the player wants to do and will hope our team can bounce back from this and learn from it.

Sorry if it's not the answer you were after.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2005, 02:49   #1532
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKing
Are most United fans (proper ones, not plastic ones from Tunbridge):

The ones I know are firmly in b. PR crisis, as I said.
Quote:
a) Behind the manager and glad to see the back of the troublesome Mr. Keane
I am behind Manchester United the football club, no one person is greater than the club itself, not Keane or even Sir Alex Ferguson.

Troublesome ? You only have to looke here to see that his record over the years is impeccable
He was a great team leader on the pitch, even though his reputation sometimes preceded him.

Quote:
b) Behind Mr. Keane and highly p!ssed off at the manner of his departure
Obviously the manner of his departure is open to speculation from the media and such like, a player of his age with such a long service would normally see out their contract, but on this ocassion, the media have probably got the reasons about right.
He is 35 next birthday and was probably on his way out of the door anyway.
The club will move on from this as will the fans given time, although I think his name will be chanted on the terraces for many matches to come.

The name of Roy Keane will be written in the history of the club as one of the legends.

Time to move on methinks.

Old 19-11-2005, 14:48   #1533
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

BREAKING NEWS !!

Arsenal win away !
Old 19-11-2005, 16:52   #1534
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

It'll be nice to see the Arsenal supporters online on a saturday for a change then

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 19-11-2005, 16:56   #1535
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

and Man U win with 2 goals and Ruud and one from Smith
Old 19-11-2005, 17:36   #1536
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

We win as well...

Old 20-11-2005, 10:06   #1537
yesman

Quote:
Former Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld has claimed Manchester United have offered him a position.
BBC Sport

Old 20-11-2005, 10:13   #1538
avid.merrion
Inactive

Services: VM Cable Modem 20 Meg VM Phone Sky HD with everything
avid.merrion is an unknown quantity at this point

Swansea Top of the League
Old 20-11-2005, 11:06   #1539
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by avid.merrion
Innit great! But I have a nasty feeling that the ossum Sir Lee of Trundleshire will be gone in January.....

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-11-2005, 11:52   #1540
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
yeah i read this as well and it seems strange that he's not saying manager but job.. also surely someone with his experience would keep this quiet until the job was announced officially

could more be just to put his name back on the market so people know he is available
Old 20-11-2005, 14:51   #1541
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by avid.merrion
No thanks to us?

Old 20-11-2005, 16:26   #1542
avid.merrion
Inactive

Services: VM Cable Modem 20 Meg VM Phone Sky HD with everything
avid.merrion is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah a good win, and a nice result for us Shame that Trundles other goal was disallowed. What happens when the assitant ref's come from the west country I suppose
Old 22-11-2005, 13:40   #1543
sherer
Inactive

abit worried about tonights game against Villareal tonight as Fergie said we don't have alot of experience in the squad and we need a win.. in the old days we'd just through caution to the wind and get 3 goals in the first half but now Queiroz is there i can't see us doing that and we never as good trying to hold on or defend
Old 22-11-2005, 14:13   #1544
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer
abit worried about tonights game against Villareal tonight as Fergie said we don't have alot of experience in the squad and we need a win.. in the old days we'd just through caution to the wind and get 3 goals in the first half but now Queiroz is there i can't see us doing that and we never as good trying to hold on or defend
I am a bit concerned also, not only about the match, but whether it's going to be on or not, forecast says Manchester is foggy.

Off to Old Trafford, catchya later

Old 23-11-2005, 09:35   #1545
akane1984
Inactive

akane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
I am a bit concerned also, not only about the match, but whether it's going to be on or not, forecast says Manchester is foggy.

Off to Old Trafford, catchya later
well it was on, and was poor game we showed some quality football in patches. at points i thought ruud was a little of pace compared to saturday. we could do with some variety up front, saha even though i dont rate him 12m!!! comin back is some sort of boost means we can chop n change the attack abit, as sometimes ruud lacks a bit of pace to get onto a ball. were saha could latch onto it in no time.

still hoping n prayin ballack comes. but just don't c it.
Closed Thread