Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Old 27-02-2014, 09:37   #556
colinmcf
Inactive

colinmcf is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

Hi,

Having trouble trying to get this to work. I have a sat finder, I adjust the dish accordingly but I still don't seem to be getting a signal.

I have tried plugging the receiver into a neighbours SKY dish and it works but when I choose BBC HD the signal drops completely to 0 again.

Its a HDR-8130USB. I've tried looking on the ROSS site for any firmware but I can't seem to download anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been struggling for days now trying to get somewhere.
colinmcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2014, 10:07   #557
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Sounds like the dish is misaligned? There are 2(?) satellites the dish needs to be aimed between and that would account for the signal dropping out on certain channels as each satellite carries a different set.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2014, 21:00   #558
Allycat
Inactive

Allycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmcf View Post
Hi,

Having trouble trying to get this to work. I have a sat finder, I adjust the dish accordingly but I still don't seem to be getting a signal.

I have tried plugging the receiver into a neighbours SKY dish and it works but when I choose BBC HD the signal drops completely to 0 again.

Its a HDR-8130USB. I've tried looking on the ROSS site for any firmware but I can't seem to download anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been struggling for days now trying to get somewhere.
Are you getting a signal on your sat finder, if you are and you still cant get any channels, your on the wrong satellite. There are 2 sats very close together. Once you get a signal try moving the dish to the side very slowly and you should pick up the right one. Took me ages the first time I tried.
Good luck with it.
Allycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2016, 00:26   #559
10snatchie
Inactive

10snatchie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Have Ross HDM 8130.
Is there any updated firmware to decode ??
10snatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2016, 01:07   #560
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I'm not sure if you'll get a reply, as this thread is nearly 23 months old...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2016, 09:31   #561
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10snatchie View Post
Hi Have Ross HDM 8130.
Is there any updated firmware to decode ??
No, but even if there was a way to "decode" it's not within the site rules to discuss.

The ross system is a closed system so no add-ons can be installed which is the same answer as the person who posted the same question today on sat universe will probably get.

---------- Post added at 08:31 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I'm not sure if you'll get a reply, as this thread is nearly 23 months old...
Either Chris or I normally respond to this thread
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote