Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | print server problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

print server problems

Old 11-04-2006, 09:06   #1
grsv
Inactive

grsv is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy print server problems

I'm installing a new printer onto the network (Kyocera FS-1020D) in a new office using a Netgear PS101 print server. After connecting I cannot ping/access the ps101on the new network outlets. If I connect a pc to these outlets I can ping the pc and have network/internet access. If I connect the ps101 to other existing network outlets I can access the ps101. I am "assured" by the cable installation people that the cables are connected from patch panel to outlets correctly. Anyone have any ideas?
grsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2006, 10:08   #2
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: print server problems

to Cable Forum

Have you got anything else you can plug into the outlets where you are trying to connect the PS101. If the PS101 will work elsewhere but not in the desired location one has to suspect a wiring connectivity fault, I'd ask your cable installation people to recheck.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 18:47   #3
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

Is the printer server set to automatically detect the network type?

Does the 1020 not have an internal print service? I know some of the Kyoceras do but can never remember which ones.
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 00:39   #4
grsv
Inactive

grsv is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. The print server is set up with a static ip address. I'll try another print server but I think that it's a wiring fault so I'll get the wire guy to check it once again.
Thanks again.
Garry
grsv is offline   Reply With Quote