Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lost Girl, Season 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Lost Girl, Season 2

Old 19-03-2012, 17:29   #16
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Re: Lost Girl, Season 2

Re ep 2.10, Raging Fae - well, now. This one blew me away, mainly with the revelations about Bo.

Actually, it blew me away that I'd made certain fundamental assumptions in writing my fic Homeward Bound, And Back Again, viz.: I had assumed Bo had immediately blown town on finding poor Kyle dead, rather than telling her parents; I had assumed she'd always been known as Bo; I had assumed she'd been told she was adopted. All of these assumptions proved to be wrong.

Oh dear. Incorporating this new knowledge would require a rewrite, and it raises questions as to how much Lou Ann told Bo's parents. She must have told them about Bo being a succubus, else why wasn't she allowed to date?

I may just rewrite and post the second version as well, I don't know.

But as for the Ash doing an impression of Doctor Who's Prisoner Zero - what the hell?! What's he doing eating a pillar of the Fae community?! Who - or what - is he?!

But Anna was so good in this one; Bo's pain and anger for the way things had turned out was palpable. I actually wanted her to tell Mel the truth; it might have given Bo a little closure, too. She's clearly still grieving for Kyle (something I did get right in my fic). But Hale's solution was at least neat and gave Mel something she and her parents could live with.

And Trick definitely knows more than he's telling; witness his reaction to Bo's mentioning the name Ysabeau. Hmmm.
Advertisement
Old 26-03-2012, 16:00   #17
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

Well, what about that?! I haven't yelled at the screen that much since Kaylee was shot and Joss fooled us into thinking she was dead.

I refer, of course, to Lauren's meltdown - so brave of her to rebel like that, probably inevitable, and - to us, at least - entirely understandable, but couldn't she see where it would lead? I don't think even Bo would've made that mistake. I was simultaneously cheering her on and crying, "No, you idiot, he'll be having you dragged off in chains! Stop! Get a grip!"

I wonder how long Lachlan can keep this little bit of news from Bo...and what'll happen when she hears about it? Will Trick (who doubtless will find out first) dare tell her?

So looking forward to Masks!
Old 02-04-2012, 15:52   #18
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

A very happy-sad episode, was Masks. I love that Kenzi might finally get some action (all she's had so far is a stolen kiss from Sean Cavanaugh in ep 1.09, Fae Day, and he was killed shortly after, poor lad); her expression while listening to Nate sing and play guitar was adorable. Nadia's lovely, and Lauren's clearly very happy to have her back (she might be back to serving the Ash, but at least this time it's her choice).

But what about Bo? Poor girl, after her usual exemplary job of kickin' ass and taking names, she's left out in the cold.
Then again, what about the bloke who gave her that gold bracelet? Hmm...

And Dyson's headed for disaster, I fear; I'm now quite certain he's not in love with Ciara. When's he gonna grow a pair and tell her?

I loved Bo's friends all giving her weapons, though! I've always liked practical present shopping, i.e. buying something useful, and those presents will definitely come in handy, I'm sure.
Old 10-04-2012, 14:01   #19
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Well, that one (Barometz.Trick.Pressure) was certainly an eye-opener!

So it seems the Ash isn't a bad guy after all - or at least he's not on the side of the Dark Fae or the incoming threat. Given that he was using Lauren to tick Bo off, I wonder if he's going to treat her with a bit more respect now? Maybe even tell her the truth about Nadia's release, and release her from her oath? Not that he can afford to just let her go; her valuable services aside, I'm sure the Morrigan could find uses for Lauren's extensive knowledge...none of which the Light Fae would appreciate.

At the risk of sounding as if I'm pandering to a stereotype, Trick's wife was rather taller than I was expecting, of 'normal' height rather than his own diminutive stature. On the other hand, when you're in love, who cares?

And Kenzi TOTALLY GOT SOME!!! About time! Go Kenzi!

Mind you, after all she said about how hard it is even to get to first base with her, it's remarkable that Nate scored a home run so soon, isn't it...?

But her timing was impeccable; it's clear what Bo was thinking, saying that yes, Kenzi should go with Nate on the tour, viz. Kenzi is now out of the firing line and is thus one less thing for Bo to worry about, even though she's also deprived of her bestie's support.
Old 16-04-2012, 15:39   #20
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Well, my earlier question re Dyson is now answered...poor guy. Yes, Ciara's hurt, of course, but can't she see he's suffering, too?

Missed Kenzi loads!

And as for Bo and Ryan - well, now. Bo getting off with a Dark Fae? Hmm, I wonder what milady Morrigan will have to say about that?

But they're actually a superb match (the apparently fabulous sex notwithstanding, something Kenzi's going to be pleased as punch to hear about - yay, her BFF's gettin' some, too!)...because he's the only Fae so far who really gets her. His comment about why she does what she does was exactly right; her expression clearly showed her appreciation of his understanding. He's sort of a male version of Kenzi; I can see them getting on famously. His being rich enough to afford a private jet won't exactly hurt.

He was a bit forward, though, asking about her, um, private time. It was an intriguing question, though...the sort Lauren might have asked on one of their nights out.

Wonderful chemistry between them. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this guy.
Old 17-04-2012, 13:35   #21
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

The finale was awesome, you're gonna love it
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 15:31   #22
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Okay, Table For Fae - wow!

Kenzi's back, yay!...and probably more worried than ever about Bo, or she soon will be. Wasn't Bo supposed to be finishing with Ryan? Instead, she's gettin' it on with a hot blonde and Ryan, lucky guy!

(Oddly, I sort of predicted this in my fanfic, too; I did write Bo with a liking for blondes...)

This week we've missed Lauren!

I shudder to think what favour the Morrigan's going to demand from Kenzi, but I bet it'll come at the worst possible time.

The thought occurred to me that perhaps Nate should have been allowed to make his own decision. However, it'd have to be an informed decision, and for that to happen, Kenzi would have to tell him about the Fae, and Evony's being a Leanan Sidhe...

On the other hand, he would be successful, rich, famous...for however long he lasted. But wouldn't that be better than playing the occasional gig, as long as he could stay true to his music and avoid being turned into a manufactured music star? Actually I have a feeling that wouldn't happen, if Evony really inspires her artists; she'd want the passion that comes from true artistry...as it'd doubtless be more satisfying for her.

Maybe she should tell him. Let the guy make up his own mind.

And now after all that, it seems it's Dyson's turn for a meltdown...
Old 30-04-2012, 15:50   #23
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

School's Out - ohhh, that skirt Bo was wearing when she walked into the school! Dear God, it's no wonder she received 27 invitations to the dance (and given the sheer number of them, a few had to be from girls, surely!)! That rear end of hers just doesn't quit, does it? Is there anything Anna Silk doesn't look gorgeous in? Is that even possible?

Bo's definitely heading for a fall; surely Kenzi's going to find out she didn't finish with Ryan.

I loved Kenzi's horrified/enraged whisper of "You did not just insult The Boots!" - I swear I could hear capital letters! The only downer there was that we didn't get to see Kenzi layin' the ol' smackdown on the Heathers - such snobs should be taken down a peg or six!

The very last person who should be counselling anyone, let alone hormonal teenagers, is Dyson. he's such an emotional wreck at the moment, poor guy.She's going to be so hurt that her bestie lied to her. To be fair, Bo did intend to finish with him, and she wants to, but...(sigh)

And that's the least we've ever seen Lauren wearing out of bed, i.e. nightshirt and panties! Rowf! I just love that quirky smile she has, displayed to perfection while Nadia was snapping her.

Speaking of which - what's Nadia's interest in the Ash's mark, hmm? Apparently she doesn't know about the Fae (witness Lauren's agonising over how much to tell her), so what's the deal...?
Old 08-05-2012, 15:06   #24
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

The Girl Who Fae'd with Fire - oh, this was definitely Kenzi's episode!

Wow, she looked amazing in that dress! I wouldn't have been surprised if Bo had made her an offer! If they hadn't been such racist snobs, I'm sure the guests would've been all over her like a rash, even if she was human. Who wouldn't? Lost Girl's costume department totally rocks!

For the first time, we saw a McGuffin in Lost Girl, viz. the liquid nitrogen. Who keeps that in a kitchen?! That aside, a well-written episode.

Loved her introduction, read by the flunky who clearly couldn't believe what he was reading! What up, dude?

Dyson is falling apart! He needs to talk to Bo, badly - she'd kick his ass and knock some sense into him for sure!

And there's definitely something going on with Nadia; one moment she seems to be licking her own blood, the next she doesn't even seem to realise she'd cut herself. Or should that be 'remember'...?

She seems to have been got at somehow. While she was cursed?

The Garuda, maybe?! Eep!
Old 14-05-2012, 15:37   #25
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Well, Sky certainly misled viewers with their synopsis for Fae-nted Love, i.e. they cast Ryan as taking shameless advantage of Bo's memory loss. What actually happened was that yes, he took advantage, but in a way he normally wouldn't have, if he hadn't been unintentionally got at by Bo - by bleeding on him and absorbing his chi, she effectively enthralled him, as Aoife had with her boy toys (minor point: she was covered in blood, lots of it her own, when she called on Dyson in ep 1.08, Vexed, so why wasn't he enthralled? He practically threw her out once she was healed). It was unfair to cast him as a villain; he couldn't help it. He's a boy at heart, centuries or even millenia of age notwithstanding; ironic that it took Kenzi to point that out.

I like that Bo and Ryan parted as friends; so they should. He's not a bad guy for Dark Fae; more mischievous than malicious. It wasn't really fair of Kenzi to accuse him of screwing with her re introducing Nate to the Morrigan; as he saw it, he was helping out Bo's friend, giving him an opportunity which - let's be honest - he'd never have gotten on his own.

Did Bo really need to apologise for lying to Kenzi 85 times? She didn't lie, really; when she told Kenzi she was going to finish with Ryan, she meant it...at the time, anyway.

And Bo's still into blondes even when suffering from memory loss, I see...and unless I'm much mistaken, the lass in question wasn't exactly averse (then again, who'd blame her?).

I think Bo wanted to ask Trick if he's her father. There's definitely a connection, and I'm reminded of what Cassie, Meyer's Oracle niece, told Bo about her mother: 'betrayed by the one she loved most' - and it was Trick who handed her over to the Dark Fae. Hmmm...

Missed Lauren in this ep!
Old 15-05-2012, 15:59   #26
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Oh dear, brain fail - as I realised a few hours after posting, Trick can't be Bo's father, because Aoife (understandably) hates him! Oops!
Old 21-05-2012, 16:16   #27
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Oh, what a painful episode Truth And Consequences was!

I was really hoping Kenzi wouldn't break up with Nate, that she'd tell him the real truth (though if she had, he might have insisted on staying at her side). That had to be really hard, lying to him, even with the best of motives - this was not a childhood crush.

As usual, the heroine was trying to keep loved ones out of harm's way...and said loved ones weren't having any. Kenzi might be a 'distraction' for Bo, but they've come this far together and Bo is stronger with Kenzi than without, and they both know it. And Trick was wrong; it is Kenzi's fight. If the Garuda causes a war between Light and Dark Fae, who's caught in the middle? Humans, that's who.

As for Nadia...sometimes I hate being right. She'd been got at. I couldn't believe Lauren begging Bo to kill her, but it really was the only thing to do; I suspect whatever was left of Nadia's mind was suffering, so Bo's strike was an act of mercy more than anything. Lauren is, as I've always suspected, a lover and not a fighter (witness her reaction to her Psycho moment, though I think it was more out of horror that Nadia would do such a thing than fear per se), but now, for her, it's personal. She'll want revenge. I hope she gets it.

Hale's solution to his piggy-in-the-middle problem was obvious but elegant. With Lachlan asking him to spy on Trick and vice versa, he thought outside the box, as seems to be his way. His house and clan - if not the Fae as a whole - would benefit from his leadership.

But where's Dyson gone?
Old 21-05-2012, 23:59   #28
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Ah, you almost there now.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 16:32   #29
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

On rewatching Fae-nted Love, I noticed something I hadn't previously: at one point, blood from Bo's wrist dripped onto a scratch on Ryan's back...and seemed to soak in. At the exact same time, she was drawing on his chi.

In other words, he was enthralled. So that's how it works.

I have mixed feelings about the season coming to an end; I'm going to miss it, of course (though I've recorded every ep onto DVD), but there's season 3 to look forward to!

And when are they going to release the season 1 DVDs in the UK? Canada already has the Region 1 release.
Old 28-05-2012, 16:07   #30
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Was it just me, or was Lachlan's Gambit a really fast-paced episode? I loved it!

I really thought Kenzi had overstepped with what Hale called her "moments of crazy brave" (ep 1.13, "Blood Lines") this time; I thought "She cannot go up against those Berserkers, even with a club!" I really thought she'd had it...and that Dyson had.

He's awesome when he gets his Wolf on, isn't he? He even dropped the club, and the message was clear: 'I'm so badass I'm gonna kick your sorry asses with my bare hands! ' He is not someone to mess with!

Nor was Ciara; I didn't know she could do that. But it didn't help her against the Garuda...

I got Bo right again in my fanfic; I've been portraying her in it as loving Lauren's not-so-inner geek, and now she's actually come out and said it, bless her! I was expecting them to end up in bed - and wouldn't have been surprised, though it might be way too soon for poor Lauren - but Bo showed a degree of tact and didn't take advantage. She is a true friend.

Dyson had it half right; the time to strike is indeed when the Garuda thinks he's won, but he mistakenly thought that that was his cue, not Bo's. Hopefully the Garuda won't realise that he killed Lachlan just a little too easily...

But how's Lauren going to stop the venom coagulating? More to the point, how are they going to deliver it?

Can't wait for Into The Dark ...though of course I'll have to. Now that I've finally got a job (go me!), it'll be something to look forward to at the end of a working week. Well, three days; I start Wednesday.