Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 14:44   #2026
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Or you could just grow up and stop talking in terms of winning and losing like a 12 yr old
I talk in terms that can be understood even by a confused and belligerent white van man. Honk if you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes it would be nice if the small minority did not spit the dummy out just because someone has a different view to what they have as l thought this is what grown rational adults were supposed to in debating rationally without the need to throw out childish insults all the time.
It would be nice if before you reach 45000 posts you actually make a contribution that includes an opinion rather than the perpetual suck-up approval of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Quit moaning and go back under your bridge
Quit remoaning and we'll have a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Or how about both sides stop using such potentially offensive terms as Remoaner and Loser and actually work together to improve things?
Or how about when a member creates a thread for that very purpose, it isn't closed immediately?
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2017, 15:52   #2027
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Islington remembers....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3vvd7mXAAAY-Xu.jpg

And as Boothby Graffoe so aptly put it
Quote:
There aren't enough shootings in America they have to make one up?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 03-02-2017, 16:25   #2028
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
I talk in terms that can be understood even by a confused and belligerent white van man. Honk if you understand.

It would be nice if before you reach 45000 posts you actually make a contribution that includes an opinion rather than the perpetual suck-up approval of others.

Quit remoaning and we'll have a deal.

Or how about when a member creates a thread for that very purpose, it isn't closed immediately?
Come on old chum, why all the negativity? Maybe recovering from late night A50 celebrations? I understand.
Would be tremendous to hear a bit more from you listing the countries we will do trade deals with, for example, and a little less of the dashed unfair attacks on fellow forum contributors.
Old 03-02-2017, 16:34   #2029
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Come on old chum, why all the negativity? Maybe recovering from late night A50 celebrations? I understand.
Would be tremendous to hear a bit more from you listing the countries we will do trade deals with, for example, and a little less of the dashed unfair attacks on fellow forum contributors.
I don't attack old chum, I defend, and I think you'll find remoaners have a monopoly on negativity. As for Countries we might do trade deals with, get a map, scribble out Europe (unless they decide not to cut off their nez to spite their visage) et voila.
Old 03-02-2017, 17:08   #2030
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
One sided as always Andrew I see : There has been references to trolls and other members views being called dumb. It needs to stop from both sides.
Old 03-02-2017, 17:15   #2031
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
One sided as always Andrew I see : There has been references to trolls and other members views being called dumb. It needs to stop from both sides.
This is a bit rich Mick, you called somebody 'Mr Ignorant' a few pages back... However we forgive you, lets move on, nicely
Old 03-02-2017, 17:40   #2032
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
For the record, I've never called anyone a troll nor members' views dumb. I appreciate the hard work that people on this forum put into finding references etc and I've learnt a lot from it.
I don't see people as being on sides, but that's where we'll have to agree to disagree.
Old 03-02-2017, 17:53   #2033
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
You mean like Gordon Brown did? All she needs to remember is that she's running the country and until Labour wake up and get shot of Corbyn there is going to be no credible opposition. They're the ones letting the country down.
These days a credible opposition is what? that also heads to the middle and rubber stamps everything the leading party does.

It is ironic the only time labour have seemed credible in recent times is when they were leaning to the right under blair.

But yes brown inherited from blair also, I am talking about now not then tho.
Old 03-02-2017, 17:53   #2034
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
This is a bit rich Mick, you called somebody 'Mr Ignorant' a few pages back... However we forgive you, lets move on, nicely
True but if you recall I took it back and removed that remark after much complaint.

Old 03-02-2017, 17:57   #2035
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I always thought that in a general election you voted for the local MP you considered fit and proper of representing you.

I've never known of a general election to elect a leader of a party.
What world do you live in pip?

FPTP is for the most part people voting for a party (influenced by its leader) regardless of the representative, e.g. you could put a dog up for vote in a labour safe seat area as the labour candidate and it would be voted in.

My dad a long time tory voter voted for blair in 1997 purely because he didnt like john major.

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

Quote:
The following is a list from the US Holocaust Museum titled "Early warnings signs of fascism".

It's a bit worrying to read this list and realise how many of these aspects Trump ticks or is close to. You only have to consider today's moves by Trump to allow church leaders to endorse politicians and to appreciate that it ticks the box of "Religion and government intertwined"

The list from the US Holocaust Museum reads:
- Powerful and continuing nationalism
- Disdain for human rights
- Identification of enemies as a unifying cause
- Supremacy of the military
- Rampant sexism
- Controlled mass media
- Obsession with national security
- Religion and government intertwined
- Corporate power protected
- Labor power suppressed
- Disdain for intellectuals and the arts
- Obsession with crime and punishment
- Rampant cronyism and corruption
- Fraudulent elections
http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/31/stark-...s-day-6417633/

James O'Brien does a good piece on it here.
funny enough a fair chunk of that applies to the UK also
Old 03-02-2017, 18:07   #2036
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Let's all stop this negative attitude.

If someone wants to criticise Trump and they feel they can supply an argument to do so then that's a good thing. If you can reply with a counterargument then let everyone judge the pros and cons of the two points of view.

What is unacceptable are when people shouted down and insulted because they hold the opposite opinion or they do not accept a particular side of the argument.

Calling someone a "Loser", "Remoaner", "Mr Ignorant", etc. adds no value and just winds people up. I certainly am guilty for being wound up by deliberately provocative posts and I am equally guilty for replying to these posts in the wrong way.
Old 03-02-2017, 18:27   #2037
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

The petty name calling and general childish behavior in this thread can now stop.

Anyone who keeps it up will feel the "wrath of admin", with forced posting breaks.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 03-02-2017, 18:38   #2038
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
What world do you live in pip?

FPTP is for the most part people voting for a party (influenced by its leader) regardless of the representative, e.g. you could put a dog up for vote in a labour safe seat area as the labour candidate and it would be voted in.

My dad a long time tory voter voted for blair in 1997 purely because he didnt like john major.[COLOR="Silver"]
I live in the world where the party leader is not elected by the electorate. Even if Cameron had not been PM at the time May would still have inherited the leadership.

Didn't your father also vote Brexit as a protest vote against the Government?
Old 03-02-2017, 19:02   #2039
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Trump signs two executive orders to look at rolling back some of the post-2008 wall street regulation:
http://www.npr.org/2017/02/03/513224...ecutive-action

Quote:
President Trump signed two directives on Friday, ordering a review of financial industry regulations known as Dodd-Frank and halting implementation of a rule that requires financial advisers to act in the best interests of their clients, according to a senior administration official who briefed reporters on condition of anonymity.
Old 03-02-2017, 19:13   #2040
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I can see this causing him problems.

Donald Trump White House Dress Code Policy? Female Staffers Must ‘Dress Like Women,’ President Says

http://www.ibtimes.com/donald-trump-...sident-2485576
Closed Thread