Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 18:16   #1006
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
if you read it appears it was meant deliberately as a homage
Either way it was meant deliberately. You can't accidently do it. Homage or not when you've paid for a product you don't expect to find an identical ending scene to a previous game. It's either laziness or an idea that's backfired.

Regardless 3arc will have a better shot at call of duty next year. The consoles will have been out a while and they've got a whole year to play with it. Just write Ghosts off as the crap you'd come to expect from the MW3 development team.
Old 06-11-2013, 20:35   #1007
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

No Suzuka on Forza 5, no green hell, practically half the tracks and half the cars of Forza 4. Not surprisingly it looks like MS have forced Turn10 to shove it out the door before it was really ready.

But if you pay the price of the game again you can have the season pass and get an extra 60 cars (I wonder how many of them are day1 dlc).

No thanks, not anymore.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...s-than-forza-4
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 22:19   #1008
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Day one DLC. Way to join the EA club Microsoft.

I've said it a hundred times already. Awful campaign, awful marketing, poorly designed console. This whole next gen hype is nothing but a massive con. They've had years to perfect this and they've delivered consoles and games that have been made in half an hour.

Steam box. That is all.

Owner of a PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox and Xbox 360. I've never felt so let down after being hyped up for so many years.

Money is all that matters now. Bog standard gear in boxes sold for premium prices with additional subscriptions and a market full of DLC.

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

I failed to add. Isn't Forza free somewhere? so that would soften the blow.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:48   #1009
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Forza or Fifa are free with a day one edition depending which one was ordered.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:50   #1010
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Forza or Fifa are free with a day one edition depending which one was ordered.
Can't really complain that much if people receive it free. I'm still disappointed they're heading for the EA style of having DLC finished before the games release and not including it with the product. It's sly and daylight robbery. This model scares me. Even more so now there's no excuse for them not to fit content onto Blu ray discs. I could see them attempting to double the price.

---------- Post added at 06:41 ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 ----------

http://i.minus.com/iccfSrRKSC5me.gif

If this isn't on pc I would seriously buy an Xbox to play it....
Update: its a steam green light game. Surely they'll look at consoles though.

Microsoft accused of paying people to down vote Xbox one criticism on Reddit.

---------- Post added at 06:50 ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 ----------

http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/06/mi...aise-xbox-one/

I say accused rather than caught for obvious reasons.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:56   #1011
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Can't really complain that much if people receive it free. I'm still disappointed they're heading for the EA style of having DLC finished before the games release and not including it with the product. It's sly and daylight robbery. This model scares me. Even more so now there's no excuse for them not to fit content onto Blu ray discs. I could see them attempting to double the price.

---------- Post added at 06:41 ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 ----------

http://i.minus.com/iccfSrRKSC5me.gif

If this isn't on pc I would seriously buy an Xbox to play it....
Update: its a steam green light game. Surely they'll look at consoles though.

---------- Post added at 06:50 ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 ----------

[/COLOR]http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/06/mi...aise-xbox-one/

I say accused rather than caught for obvious reasons.
I like a smash up game
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 17:51   #1012
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Why did Microsoft show PS4 Watchdogs gameplay on their channel It's months ago indeed but with Watchdogs being pushed back, this seems a little strange. We never actually got an answer did we? Next up, Forza 5 on the PS4!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRMqE9yPDpc
Old 07-11-2013, 18:21   #1013
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Why did Microsoft show PS4 Watchdogs gameplay on their channel It's months ago indeed but with Watchdogs being pushed back, this seems a little strange. We never actually got an answer did we? Next up, Forza 5 on the PS4!

How do you know it's from a PS4?

Ps am playing Ghosts and enjoying it.
Old 07-11-2013, 18:24   #1014
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Why are 90% of your comments in the xbox one thread negative ? It's getting rather tiresome .
Old 07-11-2013, 18:52   #1015
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Because everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I think it's pants. Seems to about sum that up. Every one of my posts is explained in detail so that would explain more than enough my negative response to this machine. It's an Xbox one thread not a Microsoft appreciation thread.

As for the GP trailer. The PS4 buttons in the bottom left would be the giveaway.
Old 07-11-2013, 19:01   #1016
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Because everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I think it's pants. Seems to about sum that up. Every one of my posts is explained in detail so that would explain more than enough my negative response to this machine.

As for the GP trailer. The PS4 buttons in the bottom left would be the giveaway.
So you think it's pants but the majority of your posts first of all criticise the machine and then you backtrack and say something positive , wouldn't want to look too much of a troll eh

If you think the machine is pants why even bother looking in the thread
Old 07-11-2013, 19:05   #1017
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
So you think it's pants but the majority of your posts first of all criticise the machine and then you backtrack and say something positive , wouldn't want to look too much of a troll eh
No, they call that arguing for or against something otherwise it'd just be a typical bias rant without me having checked anything.

E.G Forza is somewhat less of a game than Forza 4 was.
But they have Blu Ray discs with huge opportunities to capitalize on in the future.

Quote:
If you think the machine is pants why even bother looking in the thread
Quote:
It's an Xbox one thread not a Microsoft appreciation thread.
Old 07-11-2013, 19:10   #1018
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
No, they call that arguing for or against something otherwise it'd just be a typical bias rant without me having checked anything.

E.G Forza is somewhat less of a game than Forza 4 was.
But they have Blu Ray discs with huge opportunities to capitalize on in the future.
Your not arguing for or against something , you have just admitted you think the xbox one is pants , so why bother even looking in the thread ? , the odd comment in a thread where you thought the product talked about was 'pants' could be acceptable but you have frequented it over a long period of time, typical troll behaviour , quoting yourself is another
Old 07-11-2013, 19:17   #1019
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
Your not arguing for or against something , you have just admitted you think the xbox one is pants , so why bother even looking in the thread ? , the odd comment in a thread where you thought the product talked about was 'pants' could be acceptable but you have frequented it over a long period of time, typical troll behaviour
Quote:
It's an Xbox one thread not a Microsoft appreciation thread.
Opinion. If the thread was titled Xbox one praise only then you'd be justified in your point. You usually have to quote yourself when someone takes the typical internet mentality of missing everything in front of them. Instead you just continually post ''Why look in an Xbox one thread''
Because it's named Xbox one thread.... I mean it couldn't get any simpler than that.

If you dislike criticism for the Xbox one then
Quote:
why bother even looking in the thread ?
Answer again: Because it's titled Xbox One thread, It's a general thread for anyone's opinion positive or negative. Instead of getting up in arms about it, there's an ignore feature, use it instead of resorting to calling people trolls because they share different opinions to yourself.
Old 07-11-2013, 19:25   #1020
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Opinion. If the thread was titled Xbox one praise only then you'd be justified in your point. You usually have to quote yourself when someone takes the typical internet mentality of missing everything in front of them.
So you see a thread titled "xbox one thread" you think , ooooooh , the xbox one is pants , I know what I'll do , it's obvious that everyone in that thread is "interested" in the xbox one , I'm not I think its "pants" , but just for the hell of it I'll go and tell them all ..... Troll , clever ... But still a troll