Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 27-10-2013, 01:48   #916
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
Sorry but I'm just up for the next generation , ps4 games can look a bit shinier for me , it's the innovation I'm interested in and Sony will be playing catch up yet again, their software at launch (operating system ) of ps3 was rubbish ...... And still is IMO
Sony didn't play catch up last time and it won't this time either. It released after the Xbox 360 and once released it outsold the xbox. Their os is standard indeed but it didn't make the slightest difference in sales.

You say innovation...what innovation. Microsoft took anything innovative out of the console after the backlash. Although you can plug your Sky box into your xbox rather than just watch it from your sky box. Then there's the capture side of things regarding twitch which they handily backed right up on and went on to say there would be restrictions rather than the high quality streaming they spoke of at E3.

OS innovation? its just windows 8 for a console.

Look Back at the 360 and PS3 and think innovation. HD gaming. Blu Ray player. Wireless Controllers and motion sensors. High speed online gaming. On board HDDs

This time round. Nothing. Updated hardware.

Now let's be honest and fair. Was it wireless controllers or motion control that made the 360 and PS3 gen so great? Nah. Rockstar games and their ever advancing physics engines. Forza 3 took a huge leap in physics and rendering. GTA IV was massive in terms of innovation. The Last of us, Uncharted, Gears of War and Beyond: Two Souls. The First Modern Warfare lit the stage up for online gaming on consoles or even the huge changes the frostbite engine brought.

They're the true innovators of console gaming not Microsoft or Sony. In 6 years time we'll look back at massive advancements in physics engines not some set top box gimmick and an OS riddled with ads.
Old 27-10-2013, 09:30   #917
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

The features ms talked about , family sharing , game sharing etc , everything talked about in their original vision will return but only for those that embrace the digital media. A console based windows 8 with voice controls and instant snapping and recording sounds pretty innovative to me and it will be interesting how the two os compare. I'm not slating ps4 and there's a good chance in the future I'll buy one but for launch the xbox one is for me, I don't care if ps4 is more powerful that's for the fan boys to rant about its about the whole package for me , dedicated servers for every game, cloud usage from day one, kinect, better exclusives (IMO) , xbox live is streets ahead of psn and the gap is only going to get bigger , do people think that all of a sudden Sony are going to flip a switch and psn is going to be amazing ?, they haven't got the world wide resources and will have to rent them where as microsoft already have their own datacentres worldwide.
Old 27-10-2013, 09:45   #918
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The features ms talked about , family sharing , game sharing etc , everything talked about in their original vision will return but only for those that embrace the digital media. A console based windows 8 with voice controls and instant snapping and recording sounds pretty innovative to me and it will be interesting how the two os compare. I'm not slating ps4 and there's a good chance in the future I'll buy one but for launch the xbox one is for me, I don't care if ps4 is more powerful that's for the fan boys to rant about its about the whole package for me , dedicated servers for every game, cloud usage from day one, kinect, better exclusives (IMO) , xbox live is streets ahead of psn and the gap is only going to get bigger , do people think that all of a sudden Sony are going to flip a switch and psn is going to be amazing ?, they haven't got the world wide resources and will have to rent them where as microsoft already have their own datacentres worldwide.
Thanks for reminding me..it was dedicated servers that had me interested originally
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 11:10   #919
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Even though it is possible COD runs at 720P it still doesn't prove the Xbox isn't capable of 1080P.

Also i have seen both the Xbox and the PS4 and in my opinion everything i got to see on PS4 other that Assassins Creeds looked terrible in frame rate compared to what i saw and got to play on the X1 so i am definitely not worried 1 bit and so excited to get the X1 or though i may buy a PS4 in the future if it turns out that the games really are far better than the X1, but at the moment the X1 it is for sure.

I have just seen the latest live feed Forza 5 video and i think it is awesome, so can't wait to play on it again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDOdoPXmSvo
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 11:14   #920
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Xbox Live is still the ace up Microsoft's sleeve certainly. Let's wait and see what happens. Apparently the embargo isn't related to performance issues with the Xbox but some industry inside baseball.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 11:16   #921
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Xbox Live is still the ace up Microsoft's sleeve certainly. Let's wait and see what happens. Apparently the embargo isn't related to performance issues with the Xbox but some industry inside baseball.
What do you mean?
Old 27-10-2013, 11:20   #922
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Sorry that is my question if I'd confused anybody. It's only multi platform stuff that's affected.
BF4 will only run at 900p on a PS4.

Just found a debate from reddit about this http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...ing_x1_secret/
This debate snoopz
Old 27-10-2013, 11:22   #923
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
This debate snoopz
Interesting thanks, i didn't read it all but Neogaff is the worst website on the planet lol.

I hope something official comes out about this very soon.
Old 27-10-2013, 11:24   #924
Bulky
Inactive

It's not xbox related https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSessl...me=AdamSessler
Old 27-10-2013, 11:28   #925
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I am a bit confused now lol, are we saying something about the X1 hardware is not good news for X1 gamers or what?

edit

Oh i see it is something about Youtube removing videos that are not official, no big deal then.
Old 27-10-2013, 11:38   #926
Bulky
Inactive

Someone jumped to the wrong conclusion and it went viral , that's the internet for ya !!!
Old 27-10-2013, 12:44   #927
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I've been reading something about Sony not letting websites do video reviews using an actual PS4, instead they have to use a dev kit which is more powerful than the PS4. Is this the same thing that people are on about with the Xbox One?
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 14:36   #928
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I've been reading something about Sony not letting websites do video reviews using an actual PS4, instead they have to use a dev kit which is more powerful than the PS4. Is this the same thing that people are on about with the Xbox One?
Actually both consoles have restrictions till set dates. The Xbox one is later but it's never been said why.
Old 27-10-2013, 15:00   #929
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Does look like it was a rumour spread by the Internet. Wonder why both consoles have such an embargo though.

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

Apparently it's to do with the actual gaming press.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...r_arthur_gies/
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2013, 15:05   #930
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

It's always something daft. The Internet reckon it's because Microsoft don't want ghosts reviewed till as late as possible. Unlikely though as MS could just as easy hand out Forza till then rather than deny access to the console.