Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Bring Back Fox Hunting

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Bring Back Fox Hunting

Old 31-12-2010, 16:58   #601
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Bring Back Fox Hunting

You speak as if fox hunting is the sole example of animals suffering painful deaths for the sake of human comfort or expediency.

You have the right to trap or poison a mouse or a rat, do you not?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-12-2010, 17:00   #602
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You speak as if fox hunting is the sole example of animals suffering painful deaths for the sake of human comfort or expediency.

Doesn't mean I'm going to do it though.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 17:00   #603
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

Why does it have no place? Why is it sick? You make assertions but you offer no reason why anyone should agree with you.
The vast majority will agree with me that letting a pack of animals tear a creature to shreds is barbaric as are the rituals of blooding a new person in a hunt.

I think it is more a question of why would anyone agree with you a bloodsports supporter who thinks barbarism should have a face in a modern society.

Hunting animals for sport is sick and it sits with bear baiting, badger baiting and hare coursing as sick bloodsports.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 17:04   #604
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Masque, you are making assertions and backing them up with an appeal to popularity. That is not a logical argument. Having people agree with you does not make your argument correct.

Could you please define your use of the word 'barbaric' and explain how it is relevant in the context of fox hunting. Please also remember that repetition is no substitute for an argument.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Doesn't mean I'm going to do it though.
What do you think of people who do it?
Old 31-12-2010, 17:05   #605
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Having attended hunts in my younger days trying stop them and watched the barbarism of the hunt and the pure unadulterated pleasure that the huntsman get when they watch a fox get ripped limb from limb is something i personally never want to see again. The way they chant and scream is disgusting.

It was the Cheshire hunt i was trying to stop btw.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 17:08   #606
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Masque, you are making assertions and backing them up with an appeal to popularity. That is not a logical argument. Having people agree with you does not make your argument correct.

Could you please define your use of the word 'barbaric' and explain how it is relevant in the context of fox hunting. Please also remember that repetition is no substitute for an argument.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

What do you think of people who do it?
I don't agree with it. Humane traps are available and should be used IMO.
Old 31-12-2010, 17:08   #607
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Having attended hunts in my younger days trying stop them and watched the barbarism of the hunt and the pure unadulterated pleasure that the huntsman get when they watch a fox get ripped limb from limb is something i personally never want to see again. The way they chant and scream is disgusting.

Sirius, forgive me but if you attended the hunts with a view to stopping them, I think it's fair to say that any description you give of the events, and your feelings about them, are not those of an impartial observer.
Old 31-12-2010, 17:08   #608
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:

So letting a pack of animals tear a tired scared animal to pieces for the gratification of a baying horde is not barbaric in your eyes then it saddens me to think that is your or anyone elses way of thinking.

Where is the fun and enjoyment in watching such a spectacle happen and I disbelieve anyone who says they only hunt for the thrill of the ride.

Can you explain how someone could actually enjoy watching such events take place and actually enjoy it.
Old 31-12-2010, 17:08   #609
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Masque, I've asked you to define what you think barbaric is ... but all you're doing is telling me you're sad that I don't seem to share your definition.

I would be very grateful if you could help move the discussion on a little. I totally get that you find words like 'baying hordes' and 'gratification' satisfying when describing what you see in fox hunting. You really don't need to keep repeating yourself. In any case, as I've already said, repetition is not a substitute for an argument.
Old 31-12-2010, 17:09   #610
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post

Very much says it all.
Old 31-12-2010, 17:10   #611
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Very much says it all.
indeed
Old 31-12-2010, 17:13   #612
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I don't agree with it. Humane traps are available and should be used IMO.
In which case I'm sorry to say but I believe you're living in some sort of fairy tale, rather than the real world.
Old 31-12-2010, 17:15   #613
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
In which case I'm sorry to say but I believe you're living in some sort of fairy tale, rather than the real world.
Please explain? I'm firmly in the real world.

There is nothing wrong with compassion.

What's "fairy tale" about catching a mouse humanely and setting it free in a wild location?
Old 31-12-2010, 17:16   #614
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Sirius, forgive me but if you attended the hunts with a view to stopping them, I think it's fair to say that any description you give of the events, and your feelings about them, are not those of an impartial observer.
Agreed

I have always stated i am against them.

I have said before i attended them.

I even ended up in front of the beak after one of them because i retaliated after a bloke on a horse hit me with his crop therefor i tried to put it where the sun does not shine. Unfortunately he had witnesses who gave statements in his favour and i did not because no one was close enough to see what happened.

Would i do it again HELL yes

So NO i am not impartial but my side of this debate is still justified like any other.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2010, 17:18   #615
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:

yes we do ,we also have the right to trap and poison foxes ,we just can't hunt them ,torture them or treat them inhumanely ,incidently the same as with rats and mice.If this was all about fox/pest control then hunting wouldn't even be an issue, after all it is the most ineficient way to kill an animal and a most efficient way to injure people ,horses and dogs