Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do you use Kodi?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

Do you use Kodi?

Old 01-02-2017, 18:30   #16
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Do you use Kodi?

The best sources for live sports are P2P and because they're live sports, it's something that isn't really being watched on the P2P as of yet. It's all I generally use for Premier League foreign broadcasts.
Old 01-02-2017, 23:37   #17
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
The best sources for live sports are P2P and because they're live sports, it's something that isn't really being watched on the P2P as of yet. It's all I generally use for Premier League foreign broadcasts.
But you don't use P2P for live broadcasts.

Quote:
Except for live stuff I use P2P add-ons.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 00:23   #18
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
This. Except for live stuff I use P2P add-ons. More or less for foreign broadcasters using premier league games. Just easier to get HD streams via P2P.

I know I'm guilty but I don't feel it. I...
So given the context and the reply I made to a previous post I think it was evidently clear I was referring to me using P2P for foreign premier league broadcasts. The except is merely an exception in difference.

Thread related: Mentioned earlier in the thread I used to use a site named PLP for streaming football. These are becoming ever popular for use on Kodi, Sports Donkey to name one. Showing English and Foreign networks, From Sky Sports UK to Sport Club Serbia. They're charging sub fee's of £50 but are based offshore (Good ole Piratebay run around all over again) I can imagine there'd be serious implications of monetising someone's IP. Wiziwig were pursued in Spain I think.

E.G, ripped from their website:

Quote:
Day Pass: £5.00 /
1 Week Pass: £10.00 / Week
1 Month Subscription: £20.00 / month
6 Month Subscription: £35.00 / 6 months
12 Month Subscription: £50.00 / 12 months

What extras are included in my subscription? (VIP Video-Streaming)

- GameTime: NBA
- GameTime: NHL
- GameTime: NFL
- GameTime: MLB
- GameTime: AHL
- GameTime: OHL
- GameTime: WHL
- GameTime: QMJHL
- GameTime: Barclays Premier League (EPL)
- Pay-per-view: All inclusive!
Locale: Gibraltar. Some of these are actually legal surprisingly and they're legally licensed to broadcast streams, they're not licenced to broadcast them back to the UK however. PLP had the minimum level of security to comply with their agreement, ensuring all incoming IP's were from Asia, which going back to what I mentioned, you needed a VPN eventually to access it. This one appears to just be selling subs worldwide.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 02-02-2017 at 01:29.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 15:51   #19
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Yes I have Kodi, just use it for box sets, live tv is crap I still have a XL VM package with no intention to get rid. Kodi is good but a long way off a reliable source
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 17:32   #20
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

I am thinking of using Kodi at some point but either need to by a fire stick or get a wireless adapter for my raspberry pi
Old 09-02-2017, 19:26   #21
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

I will probably install it at some point, so I can rip my DVD library and serve it to our Fire stick rather than keep mucking about with discs all the time (which the kids just leave all over the floor).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 19:37   #22
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I will probably install it at some point, so I can rip my DVD library and serve it to our Fire stick rather than keep mucking about with discs all the time (which the kids just leave all over the floor).
I highly recommend it, i bought 2 Firesticks on Black Friday and it is pretty straight forward to install Kodi on it after enabling the developer options.
Old 10-02-2017, 16:27   #23
Serenity83
Inactive

Serenity83 is an unknown quantity at this point

We use an Android box with Kodi installed in the bedroom mainly for boxsets with the odd movie here and there, no TV point in there, so it was the quickest and cheapest solution for us.
Serenity83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 17:08   #24
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Kodi's perfect for that.
Old 10-02-2017, 18:38   #25
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
That's good, but I can suggest another solution that's cheaper and doesn't involve Kodi
Rip your DVD's, stick them on your computer

Get something like WIFI PC File Explorer Pro

Install it on your pc & your android phone

Now we have the ability to read files from your computer via your mobile phone

Get as many Chromecasts as you have TV's (I use 5)

Install Allcast or similar on your phone

I know it sounds a bit cumbersome, but it's not.

You now have the ability to stream any file on your PC (including your Ripped DVDs) to any TV in your House. Which is nice because if you go the Kodi android box/Firestick route, it's one device per TV, this way you can distribute to your entire house, using the PC as a media server, the chromecast as the receiver and the phone as a remote control.

Best of all, there's no 'dubious legality' issues.

I also have Kodi installed on my PC & set top box as well
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 19:31   #26
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
That's good, but I can suggest another solution that's cheaper and doesn't involve Kodi
Rip your DVD's, stick them on your computer

Get something like WIFI PC File Explorer Pro

Install it on your pc & your android phone

Now we have the ability to read files from your computer via your mobile phone

Get as many Chromecasts as you have TV's (I use 5)

Install Allcast or similar on your phone

I know it sounds a bit cumbersome, but it's not.

You now have the ability to stream any file on your PC (including your Ripped DVDs) to any TV in your House. Which is nice because if you go the Kodi android box/Firestick route, it's one device per TV, this way you can distribute to your entire house, using the PC as a media server, the chromecast as the receiver and the phone as a remote control.

Best of all, there's no 'dubious legality' issues.

I also have Kodi installed on my PC & set top box as well
You can do all that on a Firestick too if i am not mistaken using Plex?
Old 10-02-2017, 19:59   #27
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Yep.
Old 10-02-2017, 20:06   #28
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

possibly, but you would need a firestick for each TV plus the associated remote etc, the chromecast(s) with phone as remote is a bit more elegant, but each to their own.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 20:21   #29
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Personally for me a dedicated remote in each room with a Firestick is easier than having to remember to take your phone from room to room with you as well as the option to install Kodi and Plex is a better option, but as you say each to their own.
Old 13-02-2017, 22:53   #30
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

I have Kodi on my HTPC, but I have none of the addons that allow people to watch subscription stuff illegally. It's all crap anyway, why break the law for BS programmes?
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote