Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Nokia 5800 Fault

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Nokia 5800 Fault

Old 15-11-2009, 20:31   #1
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point
Nokia 5800 Fault

MY 1ST NOKIA 5800 BROKE GOT A NEW 1 NOKIA 5800 IT FREZES UP IS THERE A FALT WITH THE NOKIA 5800 PHONES VIRGIN MOBILE WILL HAVE 2 GIVE me A NEW PHONE THAY CAN'T GIVE ME THE SAME PHONE as I am on a 18 month contract with them can thay
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-11-2009, 20:37   #2
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050
re: Nokia 5800 Fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
MY 1ST NOKIA 5800 BROKE GOT A NEW 1 NOKIA 5800 IT FREZES UP IS THERE A FALT WITH THE NOKIA 5800 PHONES VIRGIN MOBILE WILL HAVE 2 GIVE A NEW PHONE THAY CAN'T GIVE ME THE SAME PHONE CAN THAY?
Firstly, would you be so kind to edit the caps. Please?

Secondly, yes they can. They have no obligation to give you a "upgraded / different" unit. They may do this, if the stock is gone etc. You can ask but I wouldn't expect anything else.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2009, 20:41   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

They will replace said phone with the same model unless you upgrade.

I have this phone and have had no issues with it whatsoever.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2009, 20:43   #4
andrew.shearman
Inactive

so if thay give the same phone and it frezes up or breaks done then I have no phone so what then
Old 15-11-2009, 20:46   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Just google

nokia 5800 factory reset codes

I did and reset to factory settings and mine works fine.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2009, 20:48   #6
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
so if thay give the same phone and it frezes up or breaks done then I have no phone so what then
If they can't fix the handset then they will most likely replace it with the same model. Where are you getting the idea you won't have a phone from?
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2009, 20:48   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Andrew it would be polite of you to go back and edit out the caps in your first post. You are less likely to get people bothering to read and respond to you if you use caps.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2009, 21:00   #8
Wayfair
Inactive

Services: Virgin tinterweb, Tivo with an extra large package 'oh yes' and a speaky thing...
Wayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze array
Wayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze array

The latest firmware update did wonders for the little bothers I was having with mine, sorted out the screen freeze and a text opening delay that was annoying to say the least.

You can find all the instruction you need and the update software here.

http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-...oftware-update
Wayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 12:50   #9
boabbyshaft
Inactive

boabbyshaft is an unknown quantity at this point

Im on my 3rd 5800 handset as everytime i upgrade to V3.0 my handset literally dies and have no power going through the handset. Sent phone off to Nokia to fix problem and still waiting on it coming back. Love the phone but a lot of peeps have issues with it.
boabbyshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 09:27   #10
Wad_2002
Inactive

Services: Tivo & BB
Wad_2002 is on a distinguished roadWad_2002 is on a distinguished road

You think your phone has problems -

My phone restarts ropughly 5 times a day (usually on a call).
I plug my charger in and it comes up and displays "not charging"
Delets my text messages for me every few days.

Seriously though, the 5800 should be on v30.033 I think. Te version number is last roll of updates that will come for this phone. If that still does not fix it, then I would say there is a hardware fault.
Wad_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 16:07   #11
andrew.shearman
Inactive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi my nokia 5800 is frezing up agan have to take the battary out and put it back in and then it works for a few days virgin mobile can't sent me out the same phone thay will have to upgrade the phone I can't have this happening agian
Old 25-11-2009, 16:59   #12
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi my nokia 5800 is frezing up agan have to take the battary out and put it back in and then it works for a few days virgin mobile can't sent me out the same phone thay will have to upgrade the phone I can't have this happening agian
Is that a question or a statment?
Old 26-11-2009, 13:49   #13
andrew.shearman
Inactive

it's a question ok
Old 26-11-2009, 14:30   #14
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

In that case the answer is yes they can repair it again.
Old 27-11-2009, 11:47   #15
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK
Re: Nokia 5800 Fault

I have the same phone x 2 one for me and my partner, i had an issue with mine as it made noises when pressing the screen the mobile felt awful, however one quick call to virgin mobile and they sent a new one out without any issues.

they even let me keep the memory card from the old phone for the new phone and i explained that i never purchased the memory card and needs to come back and they insisted i kept it as i have data on it after i explained i havent, she again insisted i kept the 8gb card, and so i did and ended up with another one from the replacement mobile

i hope they are good when i upgrade as i am on the £18 tariff for 18 months, has anyone had a bad deal when it comes to upgrading as i hope i can get a good phone like this when i upgrade without paying for a upgrade phone.

thats why i left t-mobile after 4 years they wasnt prepared to let me have the 5800 as they wanted to charged me £49.99 for it i said no way i can get a better deal with virgin and lower monthly bill at that!
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote