Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Linksys + NTL

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Linksys + NTL

Old 05-07-2006, 15:03   #1
2||Para
Inactive

Services: 20MB BB,Sky TV
2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice2||Para is just really nice
Linksys + NTL

How often do people with wired gateways have to unscrew the cable to get Internet back on? Mine loses signal at least once a day and i have to go through the "Remove cable,remove router,attach cable into modem reboot etc etc..

As you can imagine this gets a bit annoying.Is there anything i can do? I've spoke to TS and they say its not down to them [which is fair enough] but why do i have to keep doing this?
2||Para is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2006, 15:06   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Linksys + NTL

I've got a Linksys WRT54GS and i've only ever once had to power off the router because i didn't have any internet. This happened on the same day for someone at work too. But i've never had to remove cables etc.
Old 05-07-2006, 15:09   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Should be no need to remove cables, rebooting should be the most you need to do.

You probably need to do some troubleshooting to identify where the fault is, because you should not need to do this on a regular basis.

Can you do away with your home network for a couple of days, long enough to see if a straight connection between router and PC fails. If it does fail that will probably point to an ntl problem. If it doesn't fail it points to your home network.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 15:37   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I have to reboot my Linksys router from time to time as the connection drops whenever I try and stream stuff. Especially from bbc.co.uk or the Live BB feed. Its very annoying.