Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Britain outside the EU

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Britain outside the EU

Old 20-02-2024, 18:34   #6001
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Eh?

Are you trying to say that Danes think like Italians, and the Spanish think like Germans, and the Portuguese think like the Irish?
Really?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2024, 18:55   #6002
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I though we left the EU to improve the NHS.
We left becasue more people voted to leave than remain.
I seriously doubt they all had the same reason for doing so.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2024, 21:29   #6003
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
We left becasue more people voted to leave than remain.
I seriously doubt they all had the same reason for doing so.
Spot on! I was being sarcastic in response to this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
... and the EU Parliament is gagging for the ability to trump national parliaments. It's why we left the EU.
Of course, jonbxx was able to correct this statement.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 20-02-2024 at 22:02.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2024, 21:46   #6004
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Really?

You said

Quote:
We look like them but don't think like them
implying there was "our way of thinking" and a homogeneous "their way of thinking".

And as for "we look like them", your subtext is fairly obvious…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2024, 08:54   #6005
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You said

implying there was "our way of thinking" and a homogeneous "their way of thinking".

And as for "we look like them", your subtext is fairly obvious…
Whatever. A normal person would understand exactly what I said without this "subtext" nonsense.

Old 21-02-2024, 17:34   #6006
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Bad news for British exporters to Canada. And bad news for Badenoch's reputation.
Quote:
Canada contradicts Kemi Badenoch's claim post-Brexit trade talks are 'ongoing'

Canada said no trade talks are in progress - despite Business Secretary Kemi Badenoch "explicitly" telling MPs discussions "have not broken down".

Asked in the Commons on 29 January how she plans to "avoid a UK tariff war", Ms Badenoch said she wanted to "state explicitly that talks have not broken down".

The business secretary said the two sides "have an ongoing rules-of-origin discussion" in relation to the car tariffs and "we are also having multiple discussions with Canada on cheese".

But this has been disputed by Canada in a letter to the Commons Business Committee dated 16 February.

Mr Goodale wrote that he is "disappointed with the unilateral pause in these negotiations".

A time-limited agreement had also allowed the UK to continue to sell cars without high import taxes, but given the negotiations have paused this is now in doubt, with the terms due to expire at the end of March.

He added: "As far as I'm aware, since the UK announced its pause on January 25, there have been neither negotiations nor technical discussions with respect to any of the outstanding issues - including British access to Canada's Tariff Rate Quotas for cheese and the approaching expiry of cumulation provisions respecting Rules of Origin."

Liam Byrne, chair of the Business Committee, is now demanding Ms Badenoch correct the record.
https://news.sky.com/story/canada-co...dian%20farmers.
Old 08-03-2024, 15:17   #6007
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

No comment, after all it is the Express.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg brexit.jpg (428.1 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by pip08456; 08-03-2024 at 15:24.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 17:45   #6008
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

That's Badenoch out of the running for next leader.

Don't get me wrong, I like Brexit for all the reasons I've previously given. I just want a competent government who can develop the nation in the way Badenoch pretends is happening.

Old 08-03-2024, 18:13   #6009
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
That's Badenoch out of the running for next leader.

Don't get me wrong, I like Brexit for all the reasons I've previously given. I just want a competent government who can develop the nation in the way Badenoch pretends is happening.
Badenoch has form and her endorsement of anything is never a good thing.

This B'rexpress front page certainly had me lol-ing so a good way to end the week. Thank you, Pip.

You can't put lipstick on a pig whether you're May, Farage, BoJo, Truss, Sunak or even Starmer. The decline in productivity, exchange rate, recession and record high taxation speak louder than Mad Bad.
Old 08-03-2024, 19:05   #6010
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:

This B'rexpress front page certainly had me lol-ing so a good way to end the week. Thank you, Pip.

You can't put lipstick on a pig whether you're May, Farage, BoJo, Truss, Sunak or even Starmer. The decline in productivity, exchange rate, recession and record high taxation speak louder than Mad Bad.
I guess it is the cult members go to "news" source.

BTW, I have these wonderful soverinty beans I can sell you?
Old 08-03-2024, 22:03   #6011
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:

You're welcome Andrew. Here's something else for you, posted by A.F. Neil.

Quote:
The FT reports: Sterling is the only major developed world currency to strengthen against the dollar this year, driven by a stronger than expected UK economy and growing hopes of imminent US interest rate cuts.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 22:58   #6012
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I guess it is the cult members go to "news" source.

BTW, I have these wonderful soverinty beans I can sell you?
A Twitter comment on it made me laugh as much as the article itself.
Quote:
"There will never be a bigger liar in politics than Boris Johnson"

Kemi Badenoch: "Hold my pork pie"
https://twitter.com/MrDarcyDog/statu...64196825035105
Old 09-03-2024, 10:15   #6013
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Won’t be too long before Pork Pies get banned along with the humble Bacon Sandwich.

On another tack, the EU isn’t doing too well. The German powerhouse is crumbling - lots of strikes and Germany can no longer underwrite the Euro. Good job we left that lot.

Old 09-03-2024, 10:44   #6014
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Won’t be too long before Pork Pies get banned along with the humble Bacon Sandwich.

On another tack, the EU isn’t doing too well. The German powerhouse is crumbling - lots of strikes and Germany can no longer underwrite the Euro. Good job we left that lot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4332.jpeg (41.8 KB, 55 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 12:02   #6015
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze