Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 20-11-2013, 22:34   #61
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

I couldn't watch the winner of Virgin Shorts, stuttering every second, I guess everyones watching Netflix via TiVo causing a lot of traffic on network?
Advertisement
Old 20-11-2013, 23:18   #62
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I couldn't watch the winner of Virgin Shorts, stuttering every second, I guess everyones watching Netflix via TiVo causing a lot of traffic on network?
I'm going to start my free month in December and then pay for it, if i get stuttering issues i'll be straight on the phone.

How can they offer the speed upgrades if you have problems like this or is it just oversaturation in your area?
Old 20-11-2013, 23:19   #63
nashmills
Inactive

Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
nashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Bloomin useless, to say the TiVo is supposed to have its own dedicated 10Mbps line it's slower than some of the Active Digital apps from the old Telewest days.
I didn't even get to the login screen before I got fed up of waiting and booted up the Xbox for Netflix.
I couldn't get Netflix on TiVo to work this evening so went back to my trusty Apple TV. Kept saying there was an error and directed me to netflix.com/help only to find instructions for every device except TiVo. Not impressed.
Old 23-11-2013, 21:13   #64
nashmills
Inactive

Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
nashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmills View Post
I couldn't get Netflix on TiVo to work this evening so went back to my trusty Apple TV. Kept saying there was an error and directed me to netflix.com/help only to find instructions for every device except TiVo. Not impressed.
I had the problem again this afternoon although it has worked fine for the last couple of days. Didn't get the useless suggestion to go to the help page this time. Again no problem with the Apple TV. It's a shame as I had hoped to remove the ATV when we got Neflix on the TiVo.
Old 24-11-2013, 09:12   #65
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

I just use my PS3 Netflix, its easier to navigate and works all of the time, instead of randomly.
Old 24-11-2013, 09:34   #66
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
I just use my PS3 Netflix, its easier to navigate and works all of the time, instead of randomly.
l have used Netflix on the TiVo every day and it is simply purring along without any problems at all.
Old 24-11-2013, 10:26   #67
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have used Netflix on the TiVo every day and it is simply purring along without any problems at all.
Likewise on my 2 Tivos
Old 24-11-2013, 10:35   #68
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Same here, excellent add-on to the Tivo

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Old 24-11-2013, 12:41   #69
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

I'm new to netflix but have been impressed with quality so far.

One thing I can't fathom is how to use the profiles on the Tivo. I set up a couple of under 12 profiles on the PC but there doesn't seem to be a way to get profiles on the Tivo?...... unless one of you netflix/Tivo experts can tell me differently?
Old 24-11-2013, 12:51   #70
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Its well documented how physically and mentally incapable you are of anything other than gushing praise for VM, so that doesn't really surprise me.
Old 24-11-2013, 13:07   #71
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
I'm new to netflix but have been impressed with quality so far.

One thing I can't fathom is how to use the profiles on the Tivo. I set up a couple of under 12 profiles on the PC but there doesn't seem to be a way to get profiles on the Tivo?...... unless one of you netflix/Tivo experts can tell me differently?
Profiles are currently not on the Tivo Netflix. I believe they plan to add them. I think I read that the version with profiles caused problems, so they had to go back to the non profile version at this point in time.

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Quote:
Its well documented how physically and mentally incapable you are of anything other than gushing praise for VM, so that doesn't really surprise me.

Or... the simple fact is, that Den's Netflix experience with Tivo is completely problem free. Why do you doubt that?
Old 24-11-2013, 13:21   #72
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Has anyone yet added the free 6 months to the original 1 month trial?
Old 24-11-2013, 13:27   #73
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Some of us are physically incapable because of certain medical conditions we have but that's alright Sir as l have broad shoulders and secondly l often criticise and praise Virgin and Sky in equal abundance and l also say what l think as l am not one to sit on the fence from the sidelines who hides behind their petticoats.

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Has anyone yet added the free 6 months to the original 1 month trial?
Yes l have jo and as far as l know the free six months starts after the one month free trial unless Ben can tell us otherwise.
Old 24-11-2013, 13:36   #74
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Just being a tad of a timerous beastie.

I decided to sort out the Netflix this morning and realised that the 1 month trial will, as a result, expire on Christmas Eve. Over the years we seem to have a jinx on Christmas Eve. TVs have thrown a throw a wobbler ... TV exploded one year with various other coincidences including our Ariel being blown off the chimney .. I blame Santa for that one, bad parking on our roof, to loosing all our VM services a couple of years ago.

I just don't want to temp fate by providing an obvious target for the Jinx to go after.
Old 24-11-2013, 23:24   #75
frattonstation
Inactive

Services: TIVO Virgin XL Package
frattonstation is an unknown quantity at this point

So if I have the VIP package can i just ask them to cancel Sky Movies and get Netflix instead??? Is it cheaper?
Closed Thread