Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Thinking of upgrading from VIVID 200 Gamer to VIVID 300

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Thinking of upgrading from VIVID 200 Gamer to VIVID 300

Old 20-08-2017, 04:49   #31
2pence
cf.member

Services: Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2pence is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Thinking of upgrading from VIVID 200 Gamer to VIVID 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromulent View Post
Do I just ring up Virgin Media and ask about VIVID 350? It still isn't listed on their website?
When I was on VIVID 200 I couldn't see an option on their site to upgrade to VIVID 300. When I did postcode search, VIVID 300 showed up. I rang customer service and said that postcode search showed VIVID 300. They checked and agreed that it indeed was available. Within minutes I was up and running on 300mbit. Cost was just £1 more (i.e. £46/mo to £47/mo).

Will try on Monday to go onto 350mbit profile. I hope they'll do it for free since I got a letter recently regarding a price increase of my VIVID 300 by £2.99 from 1st November.
Old 20-08-2017, 08:53   #32
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Do I just ring up Virgin Media and ask about VIVID 350? It still isn't listed on their website?
yup, the chances are that they'll tell you the same as what they have said to me and a few others on here which is the max you can get is 300. Take it anyway because the chances are they'll put you in 350 as you can see from my screen shot.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 13:35   #33
Cromulent
Inactive

Services: VIVID 350, Sky Q
Cromulent is on a distinguished roadCromulent is on a distinguished road

Just rang up VM and they put me on VIVID 350. Just got to wait 24 hours for my package to be upgraded now. Not sure how long it normally takes after ringing VM for the package to change on your router.
Cromulent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 14:40   #34
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Just rang up VM and they put me on VIVID 350. Just got to wait 24 hours for my package to be upgraded now. Not sure how long it normally takes after ringing VM for the package to change on your router.
It's usually pretty much instant.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 14:40   #35
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

As long as you have the right Hub - VIVID 350 will definitely need the Hub 3.0
Old 22-08-2017, 15:48   #36
Cromulent
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
It's usually pretty much instant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
As long as you have the right Hub - VIVID 350 will definitely need the Hub 3.0
VM are such a bunch of clowns. When I rang up to order I said VIVID 350 about 5 or 6 times and told them that I already have a Super Hub 3. I've just got an email from them saying VIVID 300 and that I have to wait for equipment to arrive.

It really winds me up that they expect you to speak to people who obviously don't have a great grasp of English.
Old 22-08-2017, 15:52   #37
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
VM are such a bunch of clowns. When I rang up to order I said VIVID 350 about 5 or 6 times and told them that I already have a Super Hub 3. I've just got an email from them saying VIVID 300 and that I have to wait for equipment to arrive.

It really winds me up that they expect you to speak to people who obviously don't have a great grasp of English.
I wouldn't blame the agents you spoke to on the automated email - agents have nothing to do with that and it's some automated system somewhere cocking up. If you have a SH3, you should get the profile - have you checked your modem config?

It's possible your old modem is still on your account somewhere, it's not meant to be possible but I seen it happen once or twice.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2017, 19:02   #38
Cromulent
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I wouldn't blame the agents you spoke to on the automated email - agents have nothing to do with that and it's some automated system somewhere cocking up. If you have a SH3, you should get the profile - have you checked your modem config?

It's possible your old modem is still on your account somewhere, it's not meant to be possible but I seen it happen once or twice.
OK this is weird. The email said VIVID 300 but when I log in to My Virgin Media account on their website it now says VIVID 350. Upgrade hasn't happened yet though so can't verify it for the moment.
Old 23-08-2017, 17:42   #39
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
OK this is weird. The email said VIVID 300 but when I log in to My Virgin Media account on their website it now says VIVID 350. Upgrade hasn't happened yet though so can't verify it for the moment.
Tried a reboot of the SHUB?
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2017, 22:49   #40
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

VM + arse from elbow often go together in the same sentence.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 11:22   #41
Cromulent
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Tried a reboot of the SHUB?
Apparently they had scheduled the upgrade for September the 21st for some reason. I rang them up and they activated the upgrade and rebooted the modem instantly and I got the new speed. This is my current speed test now.

Old 23-09-2017, 23:50   #42
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age

I thought about it briefly then decided it wouldn't be worth upgrading as parts of my LAN can't keep up with the 200 let alone faster (powerline)

If they did 350/35 then maybe i'd be interested.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 01:41   #43
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
If they did 350/35 then maybe i'd be interested.
A lot of people would be interested, including me.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote