Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems

The Xbox One Thread

Old 28-05-2017, 20:54   #3241
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

The file for the flash downloaded but had a corrupt file, I tried several times on different kit.
Old 12-06-2017, 00:27   #3242
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Microsofts Project Scorpio officially named Xbox One X and available worldwide November 7th 2017 priced at $499.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 12-06-2017 at 01:01.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:38   #3243
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Priced at £449 in the UK. The world's most powerful console.

The specs are pretty mind blowing for a console too. True 4k gaming at 60fps
Old 20-08-2017, 23:31   #3244
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Pre orders are now open for the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition. MS have made it clear that this version will sell in very limited quantities, so if you want it get it ordered ASAP.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074SPQ1...ing=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/sto...xCatalogSearch

Attached Images
File Type: png spacer.png (127.9 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by SnoopZ; 20-08-2017 at 23:49.
Old 21-08-2017, 20:02   #3245
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Now sold out from the links above although still available from MS and Argos.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 21-08-2017 at 21:29.
Old 23-08-2017, 11:55   #3246
Braggs
Inactive

Braggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody hell. Says it's unavailable. Did I miss the preorder?
Braggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 18:33   #3247
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Would any ordinary 1TB hard drive do to use as storage on the xBox One?
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 19:55   #3248
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Would any ordinary 1TB hard drive do to use as storage on the xBox One?
Depends what you mean by ordinary, it will be an external HDD preferably USB 3.0 compatible.

When i had an Xbox One i used a WD 2TB Black My Passport Ultra which was about the size of a pack of cards.
Old 27-08-2017, 15:49   #3249
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I pre ordered the Scorpio edition when it first came up. Roll on November 7th
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:18   #3250
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

For those that have pre ordered the Xbox One X and the Scorpio Edition, has yours shipped yet?
Old 06-11-2017, 15:47   #3251
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
For those that have pre ordered the Xbox One X and the Scorpio Edition, has yours shipped yet?
Nope not yet ordered from amazon
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 17:36   #3252
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
Nope not yet ordered from amazon
I'm the same. Mines been preparing for dispatch for the last few hours
Old 06-11-2017, 19:08   #3253
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Gonna be a purchase in a few weeks for a handful of select titles. I was absolutely wrong when I suggested all Xbox exclusive on PC would be great

They're absolutely horrible, it's clear those porting them have absolutely no idea what they're doing. I'm not risking paying more premium prices to be stuck with utter crap. So upon purchase I should have the games that are unplayable in my windows account available to play on the Xbox. Forza Horizon 3, Forza 7, Gears of War etc. Another reason for purchase is once again down to EA not making games available for a DRM platform they created in Origin. You know a storefront to house their games but actually only hold half of them because... well no valid reason.

Fight night and UFC are only available on consoles.

I had the original Xbox One but couldn't find much use for it early on, now I reckon I'd like to get back into Console FPS for a bit and as above, play the EA console titles and my Win10 library.

Heard the kinect is dead in the water though?
Old 06-11-2017, 20:19   #3254
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Gonna be a purchase in a few weeks for a handful of select titles. I was absolutely wrong when I suggested all Xbox exclusive on PC would be great

They're absolutely horrible, it's clear those porting them have absolutely no idea what they're doing. I'm not risking paying more premium prices to be stuck with utter crap. So upon purchase I should have the games that are unplayable in my windows account available to play on the Xbox. Forza Horizon 3, Forza 7, Gears of War etc. Another reason for purchase is once again down to EA not making games available for a DRM platform they created in Origin. You know a storefront to house their games but actually only hold half of them because... well no valid reason.

Fight night and UFC are only available on consoles.

I had the original Xbox One but couldn't find much use for it early on, now I reckon I'd like to get back into Console FPS for a bit and as above, play the EA console titles and my Win10 library.

Heard the kinect is dead in the water though?
Yes M$ are no longer manufacturing the Kinect sensors. Although they will still support existing units. Kind of makes sense really I don't know of that many games that supported it
Old 10-11-2017, 12:14   #3255
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

How are you guys liking the X?