Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 17:37   #2206
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
no we are not on the same side you and others like you would still opt to stay in the EU by whatever dubious means you could come up with regardless of the referendum result .
Correct.

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

[QUOTE=papa smurf;35906699]

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Exactly. Posters need to remember that we're a United Kingdom and act accordingly.[COLOR="Silver"]

what by selling out to the EU ...
Yep - the single united Europe they want and the EU is totally fixated on achieving. That inevitably involves diminishing the UK, the usual suspects really can't have it both ways but as we all know they'll try to get what they want by whatever means they can even if it means sabotaging Brexit.
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2017, 17:46   #2207
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No more ridiculous EU legislation of the 'straight bananas' ilk.
You do know that the bananas myth is just that? The rest of your post about kicking out criminals is factually incorrect too. I don't mind which way people voted but if they were misinformed about such things it's not a great day for democracy. https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...ess-bananas-eu
Old 08-07-2017, 18:09   #2208
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
...it's not a great day for democracy.
Hah, the bare-faced cheek. We're still leaving and we still don't give a bugger.
Old 08-07-2017, 18:19   #2209
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Hah, the bare-faced cheek. We're still leaving and we still don't give a bugger.
Please don't cull my sentences to give them a different meaning however well intentioned your motives are. The sentence actually read "I don't mind which way people voted but if they were misinformed about such things it's not a great day for democracy. "
Old 08-07-2017, 18:24   #2210
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Please don't cull my sentences to give them a different meaning however well intentioned your motives are. The sentence actually read "I don't mind which way people voted but if they were misinformed about such things it's not a great day for democracy. "
The full text is there for everyone to see no need to get uppity. We're still leaving, you're still coming with us and we still don't give a bugger
Old 08-07-2017, 18:47   #2211
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
48% of voters fell for project fear but hey what the heck you'll know better next time, the thing is though we got the right result no need to feel bad those of use who knew what we were voting for carried it off so all's well that ends well .
Old 08-07-2017, 19:03   #2212
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
48% of voters fell for project fear but hey what the heck you'll know better next time, the thing is though we got the right result no need to feel bad those of use who knew what we were voting for carried it off so all's well that ends well .
Yup, a government sponsored project it was too. They tried every trick in the book to keep us in the EU but you only ever hear remainers whining on about a statement on the side of a campaign group's bus. It's pathetic really.
Old 08-07-2017, 19:07   #2213
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Yup, a government sponsored project it was too. They tried every trick in the book to keep us in the EU but you only ever hear remainers whining on about a statement on the side of a campaign group's bus. It's pathetic really.
it's the only fight back they have it's driven by their embarrassment of being duped and wasting their vote .
Old 08-07-2017, 19:24   #2214
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
no we are not on the same side you and others like you would still opt to stay in the EU by whatever dubious means you could come up with regardless of the referendum result .
I can see I've really offended some by suggesting we're part of the same country and our interests, if not opinions might be mutual ! This confrontational I've got to win and you've got to lose approach, is all that's wrong with this country atm. We're stuffed big time if the views on this forum are representative.
Old 08-07-2017, 19:26   #2215
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
it's the only fight back they have it's driven by their embarrassment of being duped and wasting their vote .
Yep, it must be terrible lying in bed all night trying to think of ways to promote the EU in spite of the reality...
Old 08-07-2017, 19:38   #2216
Osem
Inactive

The only thing Brexiteers have to moan about is the tactics or certain remainers when it comes to accepting due process. They're the ones who lost, they're the ones who can't accept the result and they're the ones doing 99% of the whingeing.
Old 08-07-2017, 19:41   #2217
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Nope I posted pre vote when everyone thought remain would win it was a sad day no matter who won based on the campaigns and that they should all hold their heads in shame.

I never said you had made a mistake what I said is you can't speak for everyone because people did, we saw it on here, members saying they voted leave as a protest against the government, that we were leaving the echr and when you saw it in the media it was magnified nationally much worse, I don't see how anyone can complain when people reach conclusions based on things like rational facts just because you disagree with them, I can however see why people complain when I heard a call on the radio from a woman who purported to have worked for the EU and was voting leave as it was undemocratic, it was all going well and sounded reasonable until the presenter mentioned voting in the EU elections and the caller said she didn't know what they were and had never voted in them and that was coming from someone who claimed to have worked for the EU

Oh yes I'm bitter, when my biggest complaint about leaving is that we didn't do it ten years ago, my posts are still on here, don't remember you having much to say on it back then though. A glorious day for democracy, would it have been a glorious day if remain had won? For me a healthy, active democracy is where people participate and are informed all year round and not where a whole lot of people go into the booth factually ignorant or with heads filled with lies and switch back of the second they've ticked a little box, we carry on like this and eventually someone you don't like will win an election, someone like corbyn, would that be a great day for democracy to.
Totally disagree on everything you said here. Corbyn should not even be a bloody MP, the traitor to this country that he is. We just had an election and he lost.

As for leaving EU. Many people had made their minds on leaving years ago. You go on about the lies, yes there were lies, on BOTH sides.

If people really really wanted another shot at a vote to stay or leave, then why didn't the Liberal Democrats win ? Over 80% of the votes went for parties that respected the Brexit result, I certainly would would not say people had their heads still switched off as you put it.
Old 08-07-2017, 19:42   #2218
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
The only thing Brexiteers have to moan about is the tactics or certain remainers when it comes to accepting due process. They're the ones who lost, they're the ones who can't accept the result and they're the ones doing 99% of the whingeing.
Oh Gawd, here we go again , 'you lost', blah, blah , blah.
. That's half the population, if we've any chance we have to take everyone's views on board.
With a pragmatic Philip Hammond there is hope, with that daft increasingly demented PM there isn't.
Old 08-07-2017, 20:11   #2219
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Team members will decide what constitutes rule breaking. I will not have anyone dictate Forum Policies to me or any other team member.

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Quote:
He did not give your post a different meaning, those are your words, albeit snipped out. The post is still available in it's entirety. This is still allowed.

If my misquote rule is read properly, changing a post by adding words or sentences that was not originally said, this is what is not allowed.
Old 08-07-2017, 20:33   #2220
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Totally disagree on everything you said here. Corbyn should not even be a bloody MP, the traitor to this country that he is. We just had an election and he lost.

As for leaving EU. Many people had made their minds on leaving years ago. You go on about the lies, yes there were lies, on BOTH sides.

If people really really wanted another shot at a vote to stay or leave, then why didn't the Liberal Democrats win ? Over 80% of the votes went for parties that respected the Brexit result, I certainly would would not say people had their heads still switched off as you put it.
How weird it is that some of those who came out on the wrong side of both the referendum and the election seem to think that govt. policy ought to reflect their views. A good many remainers seem to think we still shouldn't leave the EU and Corbyn's cronies reckons he has a better mandate than May FGS! You couldn't make this up.

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Oh Gawd, here we go again , 'you lost', blah, blah , blah.
. That's half the population, if we've any chance we have to take everyone's views on board.
With a pragmatic Philip Hammond there is hope, with that daft increasingly demented PM there isn't.
Oh Gawd here we go again.

The majority who voted decided to leave not stay. Half the population certainly didn't vote to remain. We didn't vote to leave partially or take into account what the losers wanted and if the result had been the other way around I doubt very much that you'd be here banging on about taking the losing Brexit side's views into account when deciding how to proceed. No, it would have been full steam ahead for ever more Europe and ever closer union. Blatant hypocrisy as usual.

Last edited by Osem; 08-07-2017 at 20:36.
Closed Thread