Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 08:31   #3736
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Both very good deals anyone grabs them both will have all the tv they need bar sports for a cracking price under £140 for the year.
Yes, you will soon be able to get all the TV channels you want by streaming, which is forecast to double by 2022.

http://advanced-television.com/2017/...to-reach-83bn/
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2017, 23:04   #3737
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Netflix announce price increases in UK and USA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41516159
Old 06-10-2017, 00:23   #3738
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

Not too much of a price rise but with Netflix losing Disney and Fox and people aren't happy with content this might push some too far.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:10   #3739
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

Having all these streaming options for some will end up getting pretty expensive in the end.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:22   #3740
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Having all these streaming options for some will end up getting pretty expensive in the end.
But even if you subscribe to Netflix, Amazon and Now TV, it's still cheaper than cable TV
Old 06-10-2017, 08:27   #3741
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
But even if you subscribe to Netflix, Amazon and Now TV, it's still cheaper than cable TV
So why are you still with cable TV??.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:45   #3742
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Because I want access to the full range of programmes I like, and to do this, I need cable as well, which also enables me to record.

However, the advantage in continuing to subscribe to cable TV channels is diminishing in terms of what my wife and I watch and this is why I have been saying that the pay tv sector needs to up its game to retain viewers. We do get more value out of Netflix and Amazon, and of course the Freeview channels supplement these services nicely.

At some point in the future, I will end up ditching cable, buying a second Freeview recorder, subscribing only to Now TV Entertainment and Movie packages, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, together with other selected streaming channels as they come along.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:20   #3743
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The mind boggles doesn't it , seeing as the pay channels are so poor in his eyes.
Old 06-10-2017, 13:26   #3744
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Still cheaper than rip off vm, Amazon £7.99 or £79 for year, netflix £8.99 nowtv £7.99 = still a hell of a lot cheaper than vms lowest tv pack (excluding their freeview option)
I've not compared the sports or movies but even throwing them into the pipeline it is still cheaper than VM.
Old 06-10-2017, 14:16   #3745
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Still cheaper than rip off vm, Amazon £7.99 or £79 for year, netflix £8.99 nowtv £7.99 = still a hell of a lot cheaper than vms lowest tv pack (excluding their freeview option)
I've not compared the sports or movies but even throwing them into the pipeline it is still cheaper than VM.
Don't forget the broadband price theone...

VM's cheapest BB (50Mb) full price on the website is £33
VM's cheapest Pay TV/BB/Phone (100Mb) full price is £55

£22 difference and by your figures Netflix/Amazon/Now TV is £25

Yes you can get cheaper broadband and yes you can get cheaper Now TV passes if you shop around and a yearly Amazon sub is also cheaper but the point is that it's not as cost effective as people think
Old 06-10-2017, 15:05   #3746
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post

Yes you can get cheaper broadband and yes you can get cheaper Now TV passes if you shop around and a yearly Amazon sub is also cheaper but the point is that it's not as cost effective as people think
It depends really my prices include a extra screen which costs more on vm or Sky unless you use Skys useless skygo or vms Tv anywhere which when it works is not a bad option.
Old 06-10-2017, 17:02   #3747
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post

I think I detailed in an earlier post that my online subs still work out quite expensive when BB is added into the cost but I still prefer to pay for what I want rather than for what I don't want in order to gain access to those services I will use.
Online subs are also far more flexible/useable when I'm on the go, Amazon, Now TV and Netflix are far superior viewed on my Surface Pro 4 when I'm out and about than the godawful TV Anywhere (from what I've read I assume Sky Go is just as bad)

Like many things you have to shop around or haggle to get the best deals, Now TV are the best for this if you're prepared to "speculate to accumulate", if you keep an eye out for good deals and buy in advance movies and entertainment work out much cheaper than the pay TV alternatives.
There are less or no deals going officially for sports on Now TV but if you play the game by paying full price for a month or two then try to leave invariably you'll be offered a deal of £20 a month for 3 months to stay.
I'm currently on an offer that I'll get 6 months of Sky Sports on Now TV for the grand total of £60, as I've waffled on a fair bit already I wont explain the intricacies of this unless anyone really wants to know.

The other advantage of some OTT services is that if someone wants to buy you a gift (Xmas, birthday etc) Netflix, Amazon, Now TV vouchers are freely available to buy, I wouldn't say they don't exist but I've never seen a VM or Sky voucher available.

Oh one last point from me, Netflix have only lost the rights to Fox shows in the US, as far as I can see non US rights are still free to the highest bidder which I will be bold enough to forecast in our fair isle for the foreseeable future will be Sky/Now TV, Amazon or Netflix.
Old 06-10-2017, 18:49   #3748
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The mind boggles doesn't it , seeing as the pay channels are so poor in his eyes.
You know very well that I am saying there are fewer and fewer programmes each year on the pay tv channels that I want to watch. However, there will come a time in the not so distant future when there will be so little left from this vast array of channels, that I will have no second thoughts about cutting the cord.

Hopefully, the pay channels will up their game, but if they don't, they will be losing my custom.
Old 06-10-2017, 19:05   #3749
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You know very well that I am saying there are fewer and fewer programmes each year on the pay tv channels that I want to watch. However, there will come a time in the not so distant future when there will be so little left from this vast array of channels, that I will have no second thoughts about cutting the cord.

Hopefully, the pay channels will up their game, but if they don't, they will be losing my custom.
With your stance which has been prevalent for several years l thought you would have done that long before now.
Old 06-10-2017, 19:12   #3750
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
With your stance which has been prevalent for several years l thought you would have done that long before now.
He'll still be moaning about them when the V7 launches
Closed Thread