Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 17-06-2017, 18:24   #4831
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Cracking movie from start to finish. really well done origin story too.
absolutely, for me it is always about the characters and the story and that is why this one stood out a mile from all the other DC rubbish (and also why I love Batman Begins so much). If you are intending to make at least 2 films about somebody then you can afford to spend time letting us know who they are.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2017, 18:41   #4832
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I did also really like Man of steel and to a degree BvS. For me the Superman character and back story from MoS was good and a bit different to usual.

However the movies weren't perfect by any means. I am a massive Supes fan.

The Wonder Woman theme is also fantastic and really makes you go OMG during the battle scenes.
Old 17-06-2017, 21:08   #4833
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
I am a massive Supes fan
me too but I was too young (I am not sure if I was even alive) when the original Superman films came out and for Superman (and especially the origin story) is Tom Welling and Smallville. When they get someone else to play Superman it is like it isn't real and all pretend. I think that is what is going to spoil Justice League for me to a certain extent because as far as I am concerned The Flash is Grant Gustin.

I have spoken to a lot of other fans of the series and who are also movie lovers as well and none of us understand why when you have got established and very popular series like Arrow and The Flash and you are doing a movie at the same time why you don't move those actors across to the movie roll as and when needs be. Having two different actors playing the same role just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 17-06-2017, 21:19   #4834
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

They are two separate entities though. I love the DC series too but have no issues with other actors starring in the movies. I was not born when Superman came out in '78, but grew up with Reeve being Superman. Well until Cain in the 90s, who was great but looking back it was so cheesy.

Superman Returns was really dreadful and very dull. That came out when Smallville was still on I think and wished when it ended that they would get Welling as the main role as he really worked out well in the finale
Old 18-06-2017, 12:13   #4835
General Maximus
Ran Away

I just realised we are the same age I loved watching The New Adventures of Superman when I was 13/14 ish. I can remember it was on ITV on Satursday around 6 o'clock between Baywatch, Gladiators and Noel Edmonds House Party You are right though, it was cheesy definitely more for kids. Smallville started in my first year at uni and I watched it religiously every week. I enjoyed it an awful lot more because it was geared for the YA audience and dealt with every aspect of life, growing up and all the emotions that come with it. I love Lana and would marry her now if I could. She is still my number 1 babe of all time (as much as I love Buffy, Jessica Alba aka Max, Rommi and Jennifer Lawrence).
Old 18-06-2017, 13:26   #4836
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

It was BBC1 that showed It not ITV im sure, it was before or after Neil's House Party. As i was haopy to have simething as Doctor who had ended.

Mike and Dave need Wedding Dates 3/10

slightly funny in parts but over all pretty terrible.
Old 26-06-2017, 19:03   #4837
General Maximus
Ran Away

Transformers The Last Knight: 2/10

I really don't know how to describe this because everything I want to say I can't imagine saying about a Transformers movie and just sounds overly harsh. To cut a long story short it just felt hollow, you have seen everything before and was just a blur. Half way through the film I found myself asking when it was going to end and they could easily have chopped 30 minutes off it. The editing was rubbish. Scenes were cut abruptly short where you felt like another word or two should have come out of someone's mouth to finish a sentence but it was cut short and we jump to a two second scenic view of something. It jumped around way too much.

In the past I have judged films by whether they look good enough to watch at the cinema or wait to come out on dvd. I'll be honest and say you don't need to bother watching this at all. When I watched Fast 8 I said it was an enjoyable solid action movie and defo worth the watch. This is the complete opposite and is just air. I hope they don't make anymore after this one.
Old 27-06-2017, 00:27   #4838
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Transformers : The Last Knight: 4/10.

Its a Michael Bay film, so it has lots of action & explosions.
Apparently it had a plot as well, though I didnt notice it appear much.

It was just so confusing, half the time I had no idea what was going on and who were the good guys and who were the bad guys.

No idea what the point of Izabella was either (14 yr old girl, who somehow knows how to repair transformers).
She never really did anything, and vanished for half the film.

I hope the next two are better than this (Bumble Bee film, and Transformers 6).

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

Quote:
It was BBC1 that showed It not ITV im sure
It was indeed BBC1 - no adverts

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 18:46   #4839
General Maximus
Ran Away

I forgot to mention (silver lining), the only good thing about it is that the Deceptacons got their asses kicked for once. In the first couple of films I was sick and tired transforming into huge badass machines and kicking the autobots asses all the time (which were smaller cars).
Old 28-06-2017, 16:04   #4840
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I've been told about a "twist" in that which sounds a bit like WTF but I don't know if it's cannon with the lore or not.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2017, 16:33   #4841
General Maximus
Ran Away

say what you think it is with spoiler tags wrapped round it

Spoiler: 
like this

and I will tell you whether you are right or not because I didn't notice any twists in it and there definitely wasn't a WTF? moment.
Old 28-06-2017, 20:09   #4842
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Not even gonna rate it. That was Bay's final go at it right? good.
Old 28-06-2017, 21:05   #4843
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Passengers - which wasn't too bad I guess.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 11:40   #4844
General Maximus
Ran Away

Passengers was amazing
Old 05-07-2017, 22:07   #4845
General Maximus
Ran Away

Spiderman Homecoming: 8.5/10

I have had to wait till now to write this so I could calm down and be more objective. I was in a very bad mood earlier and couldn't make my mind up how I wanted to rate the film. I booked my ticket for the midnight premiere last night and Odeon cancelled it and said it was a "scheduling error" even though this is the first Marvel film they haven't done a midnight premiere for. I then rebooked it for the first showing this morning and I turn up at the cinema and "there has been a technical fault and we are unable to show it". So I hung around for an hour and waited for the next showing.

Anyways, it is very very good. The one thing I was worried about with this is that I thought the bad guy would be OTT cheesy like the ones out of the other Spiderman movies and act like he had come out of Power Rangers or something but he isn't. He is well grounded with established and realistic weaponry which follows the story line. As with all Marvel films it isn't just action, it has depth of story and character and this is all about Peter Parker growing into his role and he reacts and adapts to life at school and his new superhero persona but at the same time, like with the other Marvel movies, it syncs up and fits in perfectly with what we know is happening in the MCU.

This film is more along the lines of Ant-Man and there are may lmao moments. I can't fault it at all and once again ticks all the boxes. I really want to give it a 9/10 but I can't because as good as it is, there wasn't a wow moment for me.

There are two post credit scenes. One after the main credits and one right at the end of the credits when everything has finished and you get the Dolby logo etc coming up. It is well worth waiting for.