Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 24-12-2016, 11:19   #1276
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I strongly suspect Putin is laughing at him and can't believe his luck in getting such an idiot in opposition to him
You suspect wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh
So you actually think that increasing Americas nuclear arsenal is the peaceful approach ,you just answered the question of how can such a nutter got to be the most powerful man in the world .
READ what he bloody said FFS at the END of his tweet. He would prefer a World without Nukes, what PART of this do YOU, not understand 'The world needs to come to it's senses'.. That is what he said... That to me and it would seem some others in this thread that he does not prefer a World with Nukes. Stop being bloody ignorant, stop taking something out of context to conveniently fit your negative views of Trump.

Quote:
No Mick ,i don't follow any press at all
Yes martyh, you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty
These two paragraphs read like a statement from the 1960's trying to justify why countries need to build more nuclear weapons .Given Russia's current nuclear weapons systems any system that America has or wants to get will be ineffective anyway .Russia's missiles tend to be more blitz bombs designed to lay waste to entire continents ,they have dirty bombs designed to poison water for decades ,they are much more immoral and there is no defence to that ,as the rest of the western world realised years ago .
OMG, you are unreal. You pointed out that the world should stop Trump from building up his arsenal if he attempts to. MY point is, which is another you have blatantly ignored is that, I did not see this so called rest of world stopping Putin building up his weapons, I did not see rest of World attempting to stop North Korea, building up their weapons. WTF are you not whinging about Putin's/North Korea's arsenal ? Huh? Why are you not suggesting these Nuke arsenals should be stopped by rest of World?

Quote:
Have you actually read what your writing ?I am "whinging and whining" about Trump because of what he says ,what his views are and because i think the bloke is a menace to the rest of the world .....just exactly the same as you do about "crooked Hilary" .Just because you are of the opinion that the sun shines from Trumps backside don't expect the rest of the world to agree
Laughable, you expect people to always agree with you. Does not work that way I am afraid.

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
if trump hadn't done it clinton would have had too.
Exactly this.
Advertisement
Old 24-12-2016, 13:59   #1277
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
You suspect wrong.
And how would you know that

Quote:
READ what he bloody said FFS at the END of his tweet. He would prefer a World without Nukes, what PART of this do YOU, not understand 'The world needs to come to it's senses'.. That is what he said... That to me and it would seem some others in this thread that he does not prefer a World with Nukes. Stop being bloody ignorant, stop taking something out of context to conveniently fit your negative views of Trump.
I have read what he said ,i have repeated it often enough ,he wants to increase arms to bring about peace ,the same as Americans want to stop mass shooting in schools by giving everyone a gun

Quote:
Yes martyh, you do.
No i don't ,i get information from the same source as you ,you just have a really weird way of interpreting it ,you've proven that time and again in this thread

Quote:
OMG, you are unreal. You pointed out that the world should stop Trump from building up his arsenal if he attempts to. MY point is, which is another you have blatantly ignored is that, I did not see this so called rest of world stopping Putin building up his weapons, I did not see rest of World attempting to stop North Korea, building up their weapons. WTF are you not whinging about Putin's/North Korea's arsenal ? Huh? Why are you not suggesting these Nuke arsenals should be stopped by rest of World?
Because we are talking about Trump but since you ask what on earth makes you think i don't want Putin stopped and N Korea stopped,same goes for China and if the UK decided to increase it's nuclear arsenal i would be up in arms over that to ,so how is Trump increasing the number of nuclear weapons going to stop any of the other countries they already have enough to destroy the world 3 times over what would getting more achieve ?

Quote:
Laughable, you expect people to always agree with you. Does not work that way I am afraid.
Not at all ,i know your having a love affair with Trump but don't expect everyone to agree

Old 24-12-2016, 14:52   #1278
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Not at all i know your having a love affair with Trump but don't expect everyone to agree
Yes at all martyh, you do expect people to agree with you, you are proving it by trying to have the last word and for the rest of that sentence that followed on from that frankly, you just being ridiculous and proving, like Mr K, that you are someone who cannot have a sane and reasonable debate with.
Old 24-12-2016, 15:22   #1279
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yes at all martyh, you do expect people to agree with you, you are proving it by trying to have the last word and for the rest of that sentence that followed on from that frankly, you just being ridiculous and proving, like Mr K, that you are someone who cannot have a sane and reasonable debate with.
Ooh. don't bring me a into this!
Don't often agree with Martyh but he's spot with this one. Trump was comic but now he's got his finger on the nuclear button, he's a the biggest threat to peace since the Cuban missile crisis.

Last word
Old 24-12-2016, 15:38   #1280
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:

Bless, i presume that by saying i'm being ridiculous you in fact mean i'm disagreeing with you ,and by saying i cannot have a sane and reasonable debate you mean once again mean that i'm disagreeing with you .I know it's your forum but tough you are just going have to put up with people disagreeing with you

Anyhoo here's just another taste of the sort of person Trump is .The company that Trump keeps is very telling imo.This from Trumps co chair of his new york campaign

Quote:
Asked by a newspaper what he would most like to happen in 2017, Mr Paladino said he hoped President Obama would die from mad cow disease and the first lady would "return to being a male".
Quote:
Referring to Mr Obama, Mr Paladino said he hoped the president "catches mad cow disease after being caught having relations" with a cow and would die and be buried "in a cow pasture".
On Mrs Obama, Mr Paladino said: "I'd like her to return to being a male and let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla."

Old 24-12-2016, 15:53   #1281
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Bless, i presume that by saying i'm being ridiculous you in fact mean i'm disagreeing with you ,and by saying i cannot have a sane and reasonable debate you mean once again mean that i'm disagreeing with you .I know it's your forum but tough you are just going have to put up with people disagreeing with you

Anyhoo here's just another taste of the sort of person Trump is .The company that Trump keeps is very telling imo.This from Trumps co chair of his new york campaign
The whole point of a forum like this is that people get exposed to the counter- arguments that they would not get if they just went to their IloveTrump or IloveHilary forums. If it makes uncomfortable reading - which judging by some of the swearing I'm reluctantly reading in this thread it does - and/or they only want to read the words of those who agree with them all the time - then they should stick with their other sites.
Old 24-12-2016, 16:27   #1282
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The whole point of a forum like this is that people get exposed to the counter- arguments that they would not get if they just went to their IloveTrump or IloveHilary forums. If it makes uncomfortable reading - which judging by some of the swearing I'm reluctantly reading in this thread it does - and/or they only want to read the words of those who agree with them all the time - then they should stick with their other sites.
1andrew1,

It is not about agreeing with or disagreeing with someone it's about having a sane discussion, especially when such persons do not know how to debate properly, making stuff up and coming out with crappy nonsense, that just is not there, that's the difference.

I have never expected anyone, nor do I expect anybody or everybody to agree with someone or something but when silly arguments get brought in and then ridiculous assertions, like saying I must be having a love affair with Trump, just because I don't disagree with him, that is just bloody stupid and childish.

Someone has since had to point out to me privately, that I took my time with martyh and him being incapable of having a sane discussion with, him and Mr K, make a right pair on here.
Old 24-12-2016, 17:24   #1283
martyh

Quote:
1andrew1,

It is not about agreeing with or disagreeing with someone it's about having a sane discussion, especially when such persons do not know how to debate properly, making stuff up and coming out with crappy nonsense, that just is not there, that's the difference.

I have never expected anyone, nor do I expect anybody or everybody to agree with someone or something but when silly arguments get brought in and then ridiculous assertions, like saying I must be having a love affair with Trump, just because I don't disagree with him, that is just bloody stupid and childish.

Someone has since had to point out to me privately, that I took my time with martyh and him being incapable of having a sane discussion with, him and Mr K, make a right pair on here.
So why get all worked up when other posters have differing opinions .You have rather childishly referred to Clinton as "crooked Hillary" throughout this thread and when posters give facts and quotes showing Trump in a bad light you either twist them to say something completely differently (as with the nuclear tweet provided by ianch99) or you completely ignore it .You say you cannot have a sane discussion with me ,now i would like you to provide evidence where i have been insane and made stuff up

Old 24-12-2016, 17:37   #1284
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/10...xtbigfuture%29

Remember this.

Remember why this happened?

Quote:
Propaganda is a funny thing. According to my info "Washington decided it would be cheaper to mix nuclear materials with special diluents. Russia insisted that the US was violating the terms of the deal, which required it to use a nuclear reactor to transmute plutonium. Unlike the mixing technology, the latter method makes the process irreversible.

The treaty between the US and Russia, which regulates how the two countries are to dispose of plutonium from nuclear warheads decommissioned as part of the parallel reduction of the two countries’ Cold War arsenals, was signed in 2000. Each country was required to dispose of over 34 tons of fissile material by turning it into so-called MOX fuel and burning it in nuclear reactors. However, costs for building a facility at the Savannah River Site in South Carolina, where the US was supposed to fabricate MOX fuel from its plutonium, spiraled out of control. Under the Obama administration, the US decided that it would instead use the cheaper reversible process, arguing that it was in line with the spirit of the deal with Russia.

Russia expressed its concerns over the unilateral move in April, shortly after a nuclear security summit held in the US.

“We signed an agreement that the plutonium will be processed in a certain way, for which facilities would be purpose-built,” Putin said at the time. “We have met our commitments, and constructed the necessary facilities. The US has not.” So, you see, your analogy couldn't be further from the truth. USA was just acting shifty and wanting to keep their plutonium.
So yeah, the Untouchable 'can't do a thing wrong' Obama just adding to his long list of wrong doings then having the media pass it off as a Cold War v2 and the Russians are the big bad dudes.

Blaming Trump for something Obama effectively started
So you can actually pinpoint when and why Russia stopped disposing of Nukes. Increasing the stockpile won't be a problem now that Obama and co simply 'stored' them rather than dispose of them.

Annoys me that you have to sit right in the middle of Western and Eastern media to find that truth, it's even more alarming when on occasions it's the Russians telling the truth.

So all in all what's Trump going to do? He's not entirely right but it's acceptable, expand, match, whatever needs to be done until they can reach another resolution like the one they had under Obama but more effective and without the administration effectively sabotaging it with deception. Give him a fair break and see what happens, you'd be surprised at how much of a dick Obama truly is.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 24-12-2016 at 17:49.
Old 24-12-2016, 18:49   #1285
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
1andrew1,

A number of people on this forum would say exactly this about your posts. You seem to have a problem with people having a different opinion to you, shouting people down when they contradict your position.

There is plently evidence and opinion that Trump as a person and as a potential President is far more of a risk than Hilary ever would have been.

Merry Christmas ..
Old 24-12-2016, 20:15   #1286
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
A number of people on this forum would say exactly this about your posts. You seem to have a problem with people having a different opinion to you, shouting people down when they contradict your position.
Shout people down lol - they are words on a screen. IF I WAS SHOUTING: MY POSTS WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME.

No I don't have a problem, as already pointed out, people can choose to freely agree/disagree. It's members like you and martyh always think you are right and try to force your opinion and try to have the last word and Mr K, well he just talks like he has been smoking something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99
There is plently evidence and opinion that Trump as a person and as a potential President is far more of a risk than Hilary ever would have been.
No there is not plenty of evidence at all, that is BS, there is only opinion and that is all it is. As for evidence regarding Hillary, (two l's in Hillary name btw ), you only have to take a look at her disastrous policies as Secretary of State, thanks to her and Obama's foreign policies in the Middle East, we have them to thank for ISIS. So I think I'll stick to my previous points in this thread, that she would have been a greater risk, if she had become POTUS and that is just issues in the Middle East.

There was strong evidence and reports in the media that Russia was prepping for War, I think this would have been evidence enough that she would have been a greater risk to Peace.

All these points you, martyh and some others keep conveniently ignoring.
Old 25-12-2016, 00:00   #1287
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38429496

Quote:
The $25,000 (£20,350, €23,920) payment was made at a time when Mrs Bondi's office was reportedly considering whether to open a fraud investigation into Trump University.
Oh dear it seems charity begins at home with the Donald. Hillary is beginning to look a saint.
Old 25-12-2016, 00:09   #1288
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Shout people down lol - they are words on a screen. IF I WAS SHOUTING: MY POSTS WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME
or maybe like this?

Quote:
So while you got some in the US saying the Russians influenced the outcome of the Election...Pot, Kettle, black springs to mind, oh and that word beginning with H for

Hypocrisy !!!
Quote:
It's members like you and martyh always think you are right and try to force your opinion and try to have the last word
Err .. "Pot, Kettle, black springs to mind" ..
Old 25-12-2016, 00:14   #1289
RizzyKing

Being honest when it comes to ethics and morality neither trump or clinton have any high ground both of them are pretty much as bad as each other but to suggest trump brings us closer to war and clinton would have been safer is utter stupidity trump has a workable relationship with putin clinton did nothing but provoke putin not that it was hard given putins ego. Russia is a wildcard right now irrespective of whose in office in the west and putin is pursuing a militaristic policy although Russia's economic woes are holding that back at the moment. Strength is needed to keep russia from pushing too far and the US updating their nuclear arsenal and even expanding it is an appropriate response to russia whether we like it or agree with it.

Old 25-12-2016, 01:02   #1290
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
or maybe like this?
Only this is not shouting, it is use of Font sizes and Bold ! Using Caps LIKE THIS, is shouting.

---------- Post added 25-12-2016 at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was 24-12-2016 at 23:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38429496

Oh dear it seems charity begins at home with the Donald. Hillary is beginning to look a saint.
Oh dear nothing.....perhaps you should look up Clinton and paid for speeches. Google is your friend.
Closed Thread