Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Star Trek: Discovery

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Star Trek: Discovery

Old 31-08-2017, 11:20   #166
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

There was a new photo appeared online with the actual bridge of the discovery.

I am getting more excited now as we are only a few weeks away from the first episode. Still not 100% on it but think it might actually be decent.
Old 31-08-2017, 17:10   #167
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
There was a new photo appeared online with the actual bridge of the discovery.

I am getting more excited now as we are only a few weeks away from the first episode. Still not 100% on it but think it might actually be decent.
Linkage?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 17:14   #168
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Here we are.

https://trekmovie.com/2017/08/29/var...as-pushed-out/
Old 31-08-2017, 17:27   #169
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Good article with photos here:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/features/...en-1202540540/

As I suspected, we have seen little to nothing of USS Discovery on screen so far. Most of the trailer footage has been the USS Shenzhou.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 18:44   #170
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I have another free trial of Netflix so I’ll see if I like it before spending out in it. But I do like what I see.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 19:02   #171
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 19:12   #172
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I heard part of the original theme at the end there.

There was another clip with the red alert sound and the TNG communicator sound.
Old 10-09-2017, 19:34   #173
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

nice, the cynical side of me is wondering how late in post production they decided to add them in With all the backlash about the Klingons and the modern look of the show I think they have put some old stuff in to keep the traditional fans like myself happy. The beautiful thing about TNG, DS9 and Voyager is that it all flowed seamlessly and it didn't matter where you were, you knew what the technology was and what was available at the time.
Old 10-09-2017, 21:09   #174
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Have a watch of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQcLLfzzKWA - especially note who owns the copyrights.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 21:36   #175
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I'd seen that before. It really is a complicated mess in terms of the rights and what they can and can't do if that is correct.
Old 16-09-2017, 20:19   #176
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 16-09-2017, 20:24   #177
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I really like it. Great nods to ToS but then goes a bit Game of Thrones in the middle.

Been a lot of clips this week and behind the scenes photos and clips about props and a tour of the bridge of the Discovery.

I am now more excited and looking forward to it. 1 week to go.

Last edited by Stephen; 16-09-2017 at 20:34.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2017, 20:33   #178
General Maximus
Ran Away

yeah, now that they are making a point of showing everyone they are trying to keep it more traditional I will give it ago. Rather than just going off and blowing stuff up I want to see them having engineering problems, reference Starfleet and other planets etc and see that they are a part of the universe which we all know and love.
Old 16-09-2017, 20:49   #179
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

They even confirmed details of the Klingons recently that they are purists and focus on traditions that are 100s of years old and that we will likely see other types of Klingons and that over the course of the show will see things transition to more ToS looking.

Discovery is also a repurposed science vessel or something. Think it is rather small too as sure it's got 10 decks.
Old 16-09-2017, 20:53   #180
General Maximus
Ran Away

excellent, if they move themselves back into "core" Star Trek I will be delighted. I have said many a time of the last couple of years that we need some proper scifi series which is why I was keen to watch Expanse and thrilled that it is just so flipping good. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Discovery and pray that it gets full season orders and renewed for 7 seasons.