Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM in a non cabled area

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

VM in a non cabled area

Old 27-09-2017, 08:33   #1
Planetgarb
Inactive

Services: Tivo 152meg BB Phone
Planetgarb is on a distinguished roadPlanetgarb is on a distinguished road
VM in a non cabled area

Most of the town where I live has been cabled for years. The estate im about to move onto has not.

How ever I contacted VM to ask if it was part of their expansion and they said it was not but I could still receive all the services.

Does anyone have an idea how they plan to do this

Thanks

Chris
Planetgarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-09-2017, 09:16   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: VM in a non cabled area

By witchcraft I should think....
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2017, 11:25   #3
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

The short answer is for residential services no they can't. They can provide business connections to non-cabled streets via dedicated leased lines through BT Openreach, but you A) have to pay business rates & B) there is no TV service available.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2017, 11:29   #4
Planetgarb
Inactive

Services: Tivo 152meg BB Phone
Planetgarb is on a distinguished roadPlanetgarb is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your replies ... they do assure me its possible and they want to send an engineer out to me when I move into the house.

I was under the impression it couldn't be done that's why I have drawn on the wealth of knowledge on here
Planetgarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2017, 21:52   #5
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

We do have a member, weesteev, who has access to this type of information regarding non cabled areas but he isn't always on the forum. Maybe he will pick up on your enquiry and give you some information.
Old 28-09-2017, 09:25   #6
Onramp
Inactive

Onramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enoughOnramp will become famous soon enough

Once you get connected, do let us know which potion they used to summon a signal to your property
Onramp is offline   Reply With Quote