Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Where's all my spam gone?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

Where's all my spam gone?

Old 13-09-2017, 13:52   #16
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Where's all my spam gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Try not to ask questions mate,Just be glad!!

Lets hope they stay gone for ya
Asking questions is the way to learn.

I was wondering if someone in 'the know' here might say ah yes, MS have just revamped the email services and that's why you've seen the big drop in spam. It's such an annoying issue for so many MS users that, if it is a sort of 'fix', I'm surprised more people haven't popped up on the internet celebrating.

Anyway it's still all good here, just 1 or 2 a day and none spoofed.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2017, 21:08   #17
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Spam filters get better, a code change from Microsoft or maybe you were being hit but one or two sources who got taken down.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 12:46   #18
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Spam filters get better, a code change from Microsoft or maybe you were being hit but one or two sources who got taken down.
That's does seem to be the case. Two domains (I found in the message source) featured in 99% of the spam I was getting aren't associated with anything I've had since. It's been going on for years so I wonder why it took MS so long.
Old 15-09-2017, 10:36   #19
doreen12
Inactive

doreen12 is an unknown quantity at this point

ah, I see! Many thanks for your suggestions.
doreen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 13:44   #20
Osem
Inactive

There's been a trickle of Spam into both my inbox and junk folders recently and yesterday I got the first message spoofed to look like it came from my own account. Today 2 more identical spoofed emails and checking the message source they are linked to the domains I referred to in my original post. It's not a huge problem but I'd love to know why domains like these just can't be blocked shut down or whatever.

Last edited by Osem; 23-09-2017 at 13:49.