Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New VM Business service - 350Mb

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

New VM Business service - 350Mb

Old 23-09-2018, 18:55   #136
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: New VM Business service - 350Mb

Interesting - the Hitron interface failing to load is something I have never experienced. The old Business Superhub did this all the time, but never the Hitron for me.

Would be interesting to see if our problems coincide - I wonder if it affects all or multiple people at the same time
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-09-2018, 19:02   #137
sephallen
Inactive

sephallen is an unknown quantity at this point

As a bit of a follow up, I have tried swapping IPs around without rebooting.

My usual IP (I am not too concerned about revealing my public IP, but for ease I'll refer to it as 50) will not provide me any internet currently. The Hitron GUI also fails to resolve while 50 is set in my MikroTik.

Setting it to 51 in my MikroTik allows me access to both the internet and the Hitron GUI at the moment.

Actually ignore that, in the time it was taking me to write this reply 51 lost connection (and I couldn't resolve the Hitron GUI). So here I am on 52.
sephallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 20:07   #138
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Crass question this: If your IP address range starts at aa.bb.cc.50 then your gateway (set in the router) would be aa.bb.cc.51 and your IP address accessed through the gateway would be aa.bb.cc.52.

Are we in that area of fiddling around?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 20:18   #139
sephallen
Inactive

So according to the PDF I was sent from Virgin, my range is aa.bb.cc.48 - 55

48 is the network IP (not sure what this is for)
49 is the gateway (already set in MikroTik)
50 - 54 is my pool
55 - no mention of this in the PDF
Old 24-09-2018, 08:42   #140
sephallen
Inactive

Morning update:

.52 stayed up all night, which is quite unusual, I typically have at least one disconnect over night.
Also, without rebooting any hardware, I tried to switch back to my usual static (.50) and everything seems to be working fine again.

I really have no idea what is going on.
Old 04-10-2018, 13:58   #141
crowarth
cf.member

Services: Voom Fibre Option 3, 13 static IP addresses
crowarth is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to crowarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
interesting - as the changes they made have completely fixed the static IP issues for me. Initially I wasn't affected and then performance took a huge dive, but now I get great performance....

This is with the 5 static IP routed subnet option, using a DrayTek 2960 behind the Hitron
I've been a VMB customer for 3 to 4 months now, and prior to that I did a lot of research and read a lot of reviews and different scenarios regarding the static vs. dynamic IP addressing.

In all the time I've had the 350Mbit service with 5 IP's, I have never had any issues that a lot of others have had, and regularly get 400Mbit on speed tests (usually always over 360Mbit)

It's good to see they're finally sorting some long standing issues out... I just hope that with my upgrade from 5 to 13 IP's that the service carries on working to the same level.
crowarth is offline   Reply With Quote