Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who : Season 5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who : Season 5

Old 13-06-2010, 09:49   #286
12noon
Inactive

Services: TiVo
12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice
Re: Doctor Who : Season 5

This Saturday's Dr Who felt more like a comedy show. It was strange to see the doctor playing football, but i'm guessing that was to tie in with the World Cup.

The trailer for the episode where the doctor pulls a piece of the tardis out of the crack looked good. I'm looking forward to that.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-06-2010, 11:01   #287
zing_deleted

he has already done that ,I think that scene was a recap of all the crack scenes
Old 13-06-2010, 12:33   #288
speedfreak
Inactive

Services: VM phone TV 50Mbps BB
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal
speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal

I wouldnt have minded an episode like that near the beginning of the series but so far in now and Im still waiting for something exciting to happen
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2010, 19:41   #289
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

This was actually one of the better episodes in this series. More to do with James Corden than Matt Smith, however saying that is no real praise as the entire series has been weak.

I think a massive trick was missed with this episode, a replica tardis, it looked great and could have led to a great story.
Instead we get jokey comedy episode that also tries to be creepy, and therefore fails on both counts. We also have an ineffectual Amy sidelined (pointless didn't even need to be in it).

The trailer for the two end episodes looked ok, River Song is back which ould lead to some "spoilers"
Old 19-06-2010, 20:24   #290
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Spoiler: 
The Doctor's in a box, Amy's dead and Rory is an Auton
The season finale is going to be a cracker.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2010, 21:23   #291
speedfreak
Inactive

speedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appealspeedfreak has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Whiskey View Post
Spoiler: 
I was gutted! I had it in my head tonight was the finale, I was well peeved thinking Id have to wait for some christmas special to find out what happens, then after the credits it mentioned next week is the last one. Really enjoyed tonights episode
Old 19-06-2010, 21:30   #292
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

It could be good or it could be atrociously bad... This season seems to be adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in the entertainment value of the show.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2010, 22:28   #293
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

"I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him"

Quote of the episode - but easily missed
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 00:41   #294
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Whiskey View Post
Spoiler: 
I just hope that Moffat doesn't do the usual RTD-style reset button.

Although, given that Matt Smith & Karen Gillan are due to return next year, while we know that River must survive because this is from earlier in her own timeline than the other times we have seen her, I guess there will be a reset button or deus ex machina...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 12:20   #295
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Well, seeing as how the universe has been destroyed there's going to have to be some sort of reset, isn't there?
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 12:26   #296
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

probably the best episode with Matt Smith yet
Old 20-06-2010, 12:37   #297
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

Having missed last weeks offering we watched it last night having decided to record last nights episode and watch the last 2 programmes back to back. Seems we made a good decision from the comments I have just read as I hate having to wait a full week to see what is happening after a cliff hanger.
Old 20-06-2010, 16:58   #298
speedfreak
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Having missed last weeks offering we watched it last night having decided to record last nights episode and watch the last 2 programmes back to back. Seems we made a good decision from the comments I have just read as I hate having to wait a full week to see what is happening after a cliff hanger.
Im so dying to spoil it for you and tell you what happened, only because Im jealous I didnt think of doing that, I hate cliffhangers
Old 20-06-2010, 17:23   #299
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Im so dying to spoil it for you and tell you what happened, only because Im jealous I didnt think of doing that, I hate cliffhangers
I have been studiously avoiding clicking on the spoiler buttons or watching any other bits and bobs on the TV that may ruin our enjoyment.
Old 20-06-2010, 17:36   #300
speedfreak
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
I have been studiously avoiding clicking on the spoiler buttons or watching any other bits and bobs on the TV that may ruin our enjoyment.
I wouldnt have put it in a spoiler tag though You made a good choice! I cant wait for the next episode, trust you to give me this idea when its the end of the series