Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The UFC thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The UFC thread.

Old 14-10-2008, 14:43   #16
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: The UFC thread.

I'm assuming you didn't know Lesnar was a celebrated amateur wrestler before he joined WWE?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-10-2008, 14:55   #17
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
I'm assuming you didn't know Lesnar was a celebrated amateur wrestler before he joined WWE?
And i assume you don’t know Randy the natural Couture?

We are not talking about pantomime we are talking UFC!

Joking apart randy is a very strong proven fighter and will give a lesson to fighters coming from a wrestling background.

I know you’re a wrestling and will disagree.

Sorry just read your post again WWEeeeeeeeeee

Whats the diffrence?
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2008, 15:02   #18
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
We are talking about pantomime we are talking UFC!
Amateur wrestling is legit. It's very much like ju-jitsu.

Quote:
Joking apart randy is a very strong proven fighter and will give a lesson to fighters coming from a wrestling background.
Kurt Angle is a former amateur wrestling gold-medalist and former pro-wrestling champion - and he could teach some UFC guys a thing or two. He wrestled 5 to 6 times a week, every week for 8 years.

Quote:
Whats the diffrence?
A different word for starters.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-10-2008, 15:07   #19
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Is ju-jitsu populer in the UK? Thinking of talking my lad to leassons when he is old enougth.
Old 14-10-2008, 15:14   #20
zing_deleted

Yes and its what the Gracies used to practice. After they started all this UFC stuff and god how they did it years ago makes the new fights look soft
Old 14-10-2008, 15:14   #21
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Brock Lesnar may have been a wrestler but I've seen him fight on UFC and he looked awesome.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2008, 15:18   #22
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Brock Lesnar may have been a wrestler but I've seen him fight on UFC and he looked awesome.
I have seen hime fight, his opponents where weak compared to Randy.

Wait and see and post told you so if he wins.

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

My only concern is that Randy is very old now. Could prove a disadvantage.
Old 14-10-2008, 15:23   #23
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

For those who haven't seen:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Gh5W...eature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Lncl1k...eature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fygzfe...eature=related
Old 14-10-2008, 15:34   #24
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Few men look as intimidating as him from just standing there. He looked deadly in his last fight.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-10-2008, 15:41   #25
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Few men look as intimidating as him from just standing there. He looked deadly in his last fight.
Agree - extremely powerful and mobile. I reckon he's got far too much for the 45 year old Couture to cope with.
Old 14-10-2008, 15:46   #26
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Agree - extremely powerful and mobile. I reckon he's got far too much for the 45 year old Couture to cope with.
You have to give randy a pat on the back for still fighting at 45!!

I just hope it does not end his career.

My monies is still on Randy.

What about Bisping do we think he will win?
Old 14-10-2008, 15:58   #27
Osem
Inactive

Well with UFC there's always the chance of a shock. I hope Bisping wins - there aren't too many British fighters out there.
Old 14-10-2008, 16:56   #28
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Well with UFC there's always the chance of a shock. I hope Bisping wins.
He has the potential to be world champion.
He is an unorthodox fighter.

---------- Post added at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

Quote:
Been watching more of Brock on You Tube………à ƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã‚¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â ‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬ ¦He is brutal.
Old 14-10-2008, 17:05   #29
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

He has phenomenal strength - in one of his WWE matches he scooped up a 7 foot tall man weighting 35 stone and managed to throw him

I have to say the only thing Randy's got going for him is experience. Brock has the potential to equal or better him in every other factor.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 14-10-2008, 20:34   #30
Osem
Inactive

I know who my money's on - Lesnar.