Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 07:26   #2581
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Just spent most of the past week totally immersed in Battlefield 4 and completed it last night - awesome game. I haven't really been in to gaming for about 6 years or so and the last BF game I played was the original circa-2002 PC version so I was impressed at how far they've come with it. Little touches like the rest of the squad following you even if you're going off-route and away from your target are really good.

I found a few niggles though, the graphics would do some odd things occasionally for example when you're driving through Shanghai in all the traffic a man walks out in front of the jeep, you drive straight through him and he passes through the vehicle as well - only to appear further up the road again doing the same thing only on the left of the screen. Also at times your path is blocked by wall of about 18 inches high or something equally as small. There's a bit in the prison too where you can't crouch past a table as a chair attached to it blocks your path even though you can see there's enough space.

It crashed on me a few times too, the scene where you're trying to get to the airport and get attacked by tanks, I blew one of them up, the game froze for a few seconds then restarted back to when I was in the bunk and had to find Irish. The other annoying thing was occasionally the game wouldn't save my progress after I powered my Xbox down. Other times it took me right back to where I was.

Still, loved the game - cheers EA Access

Do they often add games to the ones they give you?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2015, 10:55   #2582
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Just spent most of the past week totally immersed in Battlefield 4 and completed it last night - awesome game. I haven't really been in to gaming for about 6 years or so and the last BF game I played was the original circa-2002 PC version so I was impressed at how far they've come with it. Little touches like the rest of the squad following you even if you're going off-route and away from your target are really good.

I found a few niggles though, the graphics would do some odd things occasionally for example when you're driving through Shanghai in all the traffic a man walks out in front of the jeep, you drive straight through him and he passes through the vehicle as well - only to appear further up the road again doing the same thing only on the left of the screen. Also at times your path is blocked by wall of about 18 inches high or something equally as small. There's a bit in the prison too where you can't crouch past a table as a chair attached to it blocks your path even though you can see there's enough space.

It crashed on me a few times too, the scene where you're trying to get to the airport and get attacked by tanks, I blew one of them up, the game froze for a few seconds then restarted back to when I was in the bunk and had to find Irish. The other annoying thing was occasionally the game wouldn't save my progress after I powered my Xbox down. Other times it took me right back to where I was.

Still, loved the game - cheers EA Access

Do they often add games to the ones they give you?
There has been 4 games added to it since its launch in August 2014, the latest being EA Sports UFC near the end of December so i would think it would be a while before we get another one, still a great deal though as long as people don't rush out and buy these games when EA launch them!
Old 04-01-2015, 11:33   #2583
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Yeah I can't really get in to UFC, too many button combinations for me! The NFL game doesn't interest me much either as the sport bores the life out of me so I tend to just use BF, FIFA and Need for Speed. The £3.99 per month is worth those alone

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 04-01-2015, 12:03   #2584
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Yeah I can't really get in to UFC, too many button combinations for me! The NFL game doesn't interest me much either as the sport bores the life out of me so I tend to just use BF, FIFA and Need for Speed. The £3.99 per month is worth those alone
Did you pay £3.99 a month? if so i would recommend paying £19.99 a year then it works out at only £1.66 a month less than half of what you may be paying now.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:29   #2585
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

I paid £3.99 initially to find out if it was worth it, when the 30 days runs out I will be paying the £19.99

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 04-01-2015, 14:25   #2586
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Whats your GT Russ so I can add you? mine is in my sig.
Old 04-01-2015, 14:39   #2587
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

russburt

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 04-01-2015, 15:17   #2588
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I'm pretty sure that EA Access auto-renews, so you'd need to cancel and then re-sub at £19.99 before the month is up.

You'd cancel via the subscription section at account.xbox.com.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 15:54   #2589
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

I signed up using my spare account which by the time the 30th day rolls around will be empty. I'll give give my other card details for the £20 then

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 04-01-2015, 16:50   #2590
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I'm pretty sure that EA Access auto-renews, so you'd need to cancel and then re-sub at £19.99 before the month is up.

You'd cancel via the subscription section at account.xbox.com.
Can't you do it on the ea access app on the console.
Old 05-01-2015, 00:43   #2591
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Nope - that would be too easy. Have to use Xbox.com or Xbox support.

(unless the app has changed)
Old 05-01-2015, 11:20   #2592
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age

I am really starting to get fed up with the stupid "Live" issues.

The amount of times over the weekend that it kicked me from parties or games with no connection to the "Live" services is a joke, but it's only when playing Destiny other games don't suffer the same issues.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:14   #2593
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Did Microsoft quietly unlock an additional CPU core on the X1 in October 2014?

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...n-the-xbox-one
Old 05-01-2015, 13:12   #2594
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Nope - that would be too easy. Have to use Xbox.com or Xbox support.

(unless the app has changed)
So you can sign up via the app but not unsubscribe?

Thats daft.
Old 05-01-2015, 13:19   #2595
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
I am really starting to get fed up with the stupid "Live" issues.

The amount of times over the weekend that it kicked me from parties or games with no connection to the "Live" services is a joke, but it's only when playing Destiny other games don't suffer the same issues.
Maybe it's down to Destiny's servers then, and not Live.

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
So you can sign up via the app but not unsubscribe?

Thats daft.
It's not daft for MS & EA, though.

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Did Microsoft quietly unlock an additional CPU core on the X1 in October 2014?

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...n-the-xbox-one
So is this an expansion of the 10% previously reserved for Kinect?