Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 24-09-2013, 17:54   #811
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
You don't get to keep the 'free' games when you end your subscription on PS+ like you do with Games with Gold
Yes that is true, but then after i complete a game i never go back to them with the exception of online FPS games, until something better comes out.

I wonder what will happen with the PS plus and free games as it will be mandatory with the PS4 if you wish to play online, maybe they will give less away as the games they give away currently are awesome?
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-09-2013, 18:17   #812
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
You don't get to keep the 'free' games when you end your subscription on PS+ like you do with Games with Gold
The PS+ games are generally more recent and better quality though, so worthy of keeping the sub going.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 17:16   #813
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I am off to the Eurogamer show in London tomorrow courtesy of 2 free tickets from the Virginmedia trials forum!

Looking forward to seeing the Xbox One in person, i just hope that atleast some of the games on display are running on actually Xbox Ones.
Old 27-09-2013, 18:10   #814
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I am off to the Eurogamer show in London tomorrow courtesy of 2 free tickets from the Virginmedia trials forum!

Looking forward to seeing the Xbox One in person, i just hope that atleast some of the games on display are running on actually Xbox Ones.
I am expecting a full report afterwards
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 19:38   #815
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I am expecting a full report afterwards
It will be so packed i bet i can't get near anything. lol

I would love to be able to re order some games there at a really good discount.
Old 27-09-2013, 20:26   #816
tizmeinnit

Quote:
It will be so packed i bet i can't get near anything. lol

I would love to be able to re order some games there at a really good discount.
I read that you need a sub to use the tv functions so the XBOne is no longer an option for me
Old 27-09-2013, 20:27   #817
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
I read that you need a sub to use the tv functions so the XBOne is no longer an option for me
I thought that had changed to you don't need xbox Gold to use the TV functions a month or so ago.
Old 27-09-2013, 20:31   #818
tizmeinnit

Quote:
I thought that had changed to you don't need xbox Gold to use the TV functions a month or so ago.
perhaps I read something old then I aint really keeping up lol

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

All these require a sub

Quote:
Exclusive deals
Game DVR
Internet Explorer on your TV
OneGuide
Premium entertainment applications
Special offers
The NFL on Xbox
Unrivalled multiplayer gaming

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/games/xbox-...#ixzz2g7hbRQHT
Still to locked down it is now def a no from me
Old 28-09-2013, 18:17   #819
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Just got back from Eurogamer in London, very busy as expected with alot of queuing for the Xbox One stands, the console itself does look slightly smaller than what i have seen online which for me is a good thing.

I got to have a go on Forza 5 using a real Xbox One, and to me it looked stunning and played very smooth and fast, i also got to play a 10min lan with dozens of players on Battlefield 4 and we were all told we were some of the first people in the UK to see and play this game on a real Xbox One console. The game itself also looked stunning and it played so well and to me it looked very nextgen, i don't know what resolution it ran at or framerate but all i can say it was gorgeous just like Forza and played so smoothly with lots of things going on and with no slow down that i could see.

And what about the controller? It felt and looked great, although it was a little light so may have had a cheaper feel to it than the 360 controller, but this may have been because it was using a wire so may not have had batteries inside.

For anyone that doesn't know the new controller has impulse triggers and this means each trigger has its own vibration and that worked very well and i loved it, it felt very powerful on my fingers.

So i am extremely pleased i changed my order from a PS4 to this and i have now put my mind at rest of how capable the Xbox One actually is compared to the PS4 because there is so much fanboy crap going on at the moment online between both console groups with comparing specs and games, basically a war! lol

I am happy and i am sure you guys will be when you take delivery of the console in a little under 2 months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130928_112733.jpg (494.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 28-09-2013, 18:32   #820
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Nice, did you get to sit in the car too?
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 18:34   #821
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Did you check inside the box to make sure it wasn't another GTX 780 disguised as an Xbox
Old 28-09-2013, 18:41   #822
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Nice, did you get to sit in the car too?
I wish i had but it was just for show.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Did you check inside the box to make sure it wasn't another GTX 780 disguised as an Xbox
Both games were definitely Xbox One, when my friend was playing Forza it crashed and it went to the Xbox One dashboard.

They made a point of telling us Battlefield 4 was running on the Xbox One, so i have no reason to doubt them and the press would crucify them if it turned out to be a lie, and we could see all the console under the TVs.

I still think the Xbox One console looks ugly! lol
Old 28-09-2013, 20:19   #823
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Nice to hear SnoopZ. I defo cant wait till 22nd November now. Only 55 days to go
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 21:34   #824
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Nice to hear SnoopZ. I defo cant wait till 22nd November now. Only 55 days to go
It's come round quick
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 22:30   #825
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I played Titanfall at the Eurogamer Expo yesterday.

It was *awesome*, and I'm now sold on the game, after previously not being too fussed.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote