Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New US Shows Spring/Summer 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New US Shows Spring/Summer 2016

Old 25-04-2016, 14:15   #16
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: New US shows Spring/Summer 2016

Watched one season of GoT, It's not that I don't like it, I just like it to get so far ahead I can pick it up and watch it at my own pace and never have to wait for more episodes. I've only just discovered the now finished Fringe and am doing exactly that with it. It also has me convinced that everything Abrams touches turns to gold.
Old 25-04-2016, 14:18   #17
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

You will be blown away very quickly, it is like having a blockbuster movie budget for a tv series. The produ tion quality is amazing. Tbh i wasnt too sure about the first few eps because they did a lot of dancing around between locations and characters but once you get settled in (i think it was ep 4 for me) you'll be hooked. You have no idea how lucky you are that you have got 5 seasons you can watch back to back.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2016, 14:58   #18
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Just finished Season #1 and it's OK

Typical HBO style show and as I hinted at before a mmorpg playing teenage nerds wet dream..

I'll stick with it and see if it gets to the heights of BE or TB
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2016, 19:40   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

BE, TB ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2016, 20:10   #20
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
BE, TB ?
Boardwalk Empire and True Blood
Old 26-04-2016, 21:07   #21
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
BE, TB ?
exactly what I thought but I didn't say anything in case I looked stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Boardwalk Empire and True Blood
I wouldn't have got Boardwalk Empire but I am annoyed I didn't get True Blood. I loved that series and especially Sookie and Jessica. As the guy who does Honest Trailers says "booooooooooobs"!
Old 27-04-2016, 08:33   #22
Kymmy
Inactive

Bosch started a second series on Amazon Prime last month.. I enjoyed the first series but I do tend to be a police/legal show junkie
Old 27-04-2016, 08:44   #23
General Maximus
Ran Away

Cops
Judge Judy
Dexter
Old 27-04-2016, 10:00   #24
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I've been watching a few things recently,

Legends of Tomorrow is cliched, not particularly great but fun in a childish sort of way.
Supergirl is, again, a little cliched, a bit flat in places but generally enjoyable.
Unfortunately, neither are as good as either The Flash or Arrow, which suggests to me that Greg Berlanti is stretching himself a little thin with 4 shows on air.

I've also been watching a show called "Dark Matter" on SyFy. Can't really make up my mind about it. It is very cliched. It's about several people (every one of which is a Science Fiction cliche), who wake up aboard a space ship, with no memory of who they are (again, cliched). There are a couple of things I like though. One is that any science they introduce to the story is at least plausible and the other is that they do try and introduce some light hearted moments for some of the characters. I actually like that, because it's something that actually does happen in life that is not usually reflected in modern Sci Fi. The trouble is, when they do it, the scenes are not well written. In fact, the series itself is not well written.

I'd usually give a new show 3 or 4 episodes. Because I like that they are trying to change things up a little (as noted above), I have been a little more forgiving for this show, and am currently up to episode 7. I'll give it to the end of the season (which is only ten episodes anyway), but unless it improves, it's coming off my "To Watch" list.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 11:17   #25
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I've been watching a few things recently,

Legends of Tomorrow is cliched, not particularly great but fun in a childish sort of way.
Supergirl is, again, a little cliched, a bit flat in places but generally enjoyable.
Unfortunately, neither are as good as either The Flash or Arrow, which suggests to me that Greg Berlanti is stretching himself a little thin with 4 shows on air.
Although they are trying to expand the DC universe I think they are trying to cater for as many audiences as possible to keep the ratings up. I think Arrow and Flash are the more serious series (like the Dark Knight trilogy) and appeals to adults. Supergirl is all about female empowerment and appeals to young teens girls and LoT () is all light hearted and action packed for 8-12 year old boys. If they made them all the same with the same serious tone like Arrow then I am sure we would be sitting here saying we haven't got time for 4 series and we would only watch our favourite 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I've also been watching a show called "Dark Matter" on SyFy. There are a couple of things I like though. One is that any science they introduce to the story is at least plausible and the other is that they do try and introduce some light hearted moments for some of the characters.
I felt the same and watched it all the way through just because it was nice to have a spacey scifi series and also because I wanted to see where they were taking it. I gave it the benefit of doubt because the dude who made SG1 makes it. I think i'll keep watching it but it is something I can take or leave and isn't something I would watch immediately every week like GoT, TWD, Greys etc.
Old 01-05-2016, 19:00   #26
Kymmy
Inactive

Oh thank gawd.. Someone killed Joffrey...

Upto S4 just starting E3
Old 01-05-2016, 19:19   #27
General Maximus
Ran Away

lol, I knew you would get hooked once you got into it. You are ploughing through them quite nicely. I haven't read the books so everything is always new to me and I didn't know Joffrey was going to die. I have got to say it was the most satisfying moment of the series for me and makes up for the red wedding. With all the bad things that had happened I thought "finally, Rob is going to get his army across the river, team up with Arya and get Sansa get and finally kick some ass". I had a genuine Darth Vader moment when everything went tits up. I loved Rob's gf and literally sat up in bed (I was lying down) and shouted "nooooooooo".
Old 06-05-2016, 23:06   #28
General Maximus
Ran Away

a tease for you when you reach the end of season 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ib1NErqg
Old 07-05-2016, 13:16   #29
Kymmy
Inactive

Not managed to watch more due to being rushed into A&Eover the bank holiday. Now stuck in a hospital bed pulling my hair out
Old 07-05-2016, 15:50   #30
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Get your partner to download them to a tablet...

Get well soon
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote