Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 16-11-2017, 16:53   #3376
Lozenge
Inactive

Lozenge is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Recent changes on the VM Network:

Following on from recent frequency changes on the Barnsley, Brighton and Bristol (Aztec) networks. November has, so far, brought frequency changes on the Southampton and Seven Kings networks.

STV AD (SID 10252) has now been added to the SDT. Note that, at the time of the most recent scan data available, this had not yet been added to the NIT. Unlike the other Audio Description channels, this one is on TSID 102, a regional transport stream, suggesting that it will only be made available on a regional basis. Until it appears in the NIT, it is impossible to say which regions.

It is currently listed as being on EPG channel 853, has the EPG "Entertainment" flag and is flagged as "hidden".
Just in Scottish regions I would imagine. 853 in England is used for itv
AD (London regional version).
Advertisement
Old 16-11-2017, 17:19   #3377
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozenge View Post
Just in Scottish regions I would imagine. 853 in England is used for itv
AD (London regional version).
SID 1610 ITV AD is currently available on channel 853 on ALL VM UK networks, not just in England.

Old 16-11-2017, 19:10   #3378
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It may well be separate, but Amazon has expressed interest in bidding for the Premier League, so even if they are two separate things, my bets are still on Amazon going for it either this time or next.
I really don't think they have?

Wasn't it Scudamore (who gets a cut of the pricing) putting it out there in the hope that the first bids of the blind auction were stupidly high, last time before the auction he made a big noise that BeIn Sports may put a bid in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Amazon have shown they are in the market for streaming rights. They have NFL Thursday night football and how NFL game pass is performing, I would not be surprised if they went more rights as they become available.
It's a shame that they're on at 1.30am! I have to get up for work the next day or i'd watch it.
Old 16-11-2017, 19:46   #3379
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
lol, he's obviously not a fan of the best football team in England......
Actually I quite enjoy watching Man City matches, I just have absolutely no interest in watching any behind the scenes footage - life is too short with much more interesting things to watch.

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
I really don't think they have?

Wasn't it Scudamore (who gets a cut of the pricing) putting it out there in the hope that the first bids of the blind auction were stupidly high, last time before the auction he made a big noise that BeIn Sports may put a bid in.

It's a shame that they're on at 1.30am! I have to get up for work the next day or i'd watch it.
Exactly, it is the CEO of premier league spreading these rumours in the hope of putting the price up yet again.

Amazon themselves have said they have no interest in bidding for
Premier League matches in the next round of bidding (despite what OB keeps posting)
Old 17-11-2017, 01:03   #3380
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Recent changes on the VM Network:

Following on from recent frequency changes on the Barnsley, Brighton and Bristol (Aztec) networks. November has, so far, brought frequency changes on the Southampton and Seven Kings networks.

STV AD (SID 10252) has now been added to the SDT. Note that, at the time of the most recent scan data available, this had not yet been added to the NIT. Unlike the other Audio Description channels, this one is on TSID 102, a regional transport stream, suggesting that it will only be made available on a regional basis. Until it appears in the NIT, it is impossible to say which regions.

It is currently listed as being on EPG channel 853, has the EPG "Entertainment" flag and is flagged as "hidden".
Hmmm, I wonder if this is somehow a pre-emptive move by VM in connection with the ITV retransmission fee dispute?

I had hoped that they would use an AD channel as the one region that they say they would pump around the VM network. I assumed that this would probably be London, but maybe this would, if necessary, be STV.

It was suggested by someone else that VM would be able to get away with using a FTA satellite signal from ITV by using the precedence set by the legal ruling regarding TVCatchup, I never considered that they may do a deal with the only independent ITV franchise left- STV.
Old 17-11-2017, 01:13   #3381
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if this is somehow a pre-emptive move by VM in connection with the ITV retransmission fee dispute?

I had hoped that they would use an AD channel as the one region that they say they would pump around the VM network. I assumed that this would probably be London, but maybe this would, if necessary, be STV.

It was suggested by someone else that VM would be able to get away with using a FTA satellite signal from ITV by using the precedence set by the legal ruling regarding TVCatchup, I never considered that they may do a deal with the only independent ITV franchise left- STV.
It could be totally unrelated and have been in the pipeline for quite a while. Then again, it could be a method of protecting the continuity of the AD service for Scottish viewers if ITV does pull the plug. First of all, let's see how this develops, which specific regions get the new service and what happens to the existing ITV AD service in those regions.

Old 17-11-2017, 14:23   #3382
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

OK I'm still not seeing how some recent postings have anything to do with the topic.
Old 17-11-2017, 16:27   #3383
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Credit to Youview on DS for this.
Sky are offering SKY2 up for sponsorship early next year, this in a way does affect coming soon.
https://www.skymedia.co.uk/opportuni...l-sponsorship/
https://www.skymedia.co.uk/wp-conten...er-Website.pdf
Old 18-11-2017, 17:30   #3384
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Christmas GOLD launches on Friday 1st December
Old 18-11-2017, 19:28   #3385
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Will New year silver launch too?
Old 18-11-2017, 20:24   #3386
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
You make it sound as if it is a new channel! It's only an ident change.
Old 19-11-2017, 18:13   #3387
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Sky are seeking a sponsor for Sky 2.

Be interesting to see who sponsors the channel (if anyone!). Sky are really feeling the pinch now.
Old 19-11-2017, 18:36   #3388
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Be interesting to see who sponsors the channel (if anyone!). Sky are really feeling the pinch now.
Not sure about that Richard.

Quote:
Satellite TV broadcaster BSkyB has said quarterly profits more than doubled on broad demand for its pay TV and broadband services across Europe.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29640504
Old 19-11-2017, 19:26   #3389
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:

Already posted this further up mate.
Old 19-11-2017, 19:52   #3390
batchain
cf.addict

batchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to beholdbatchain is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not sure about that Richard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29640504
That was three years ago. PL rights, a fall in advertising revenue and increased TV and broadband competition will erode profit margins.

Quote:
Sky's profits for the year to the end of June dropped 6% year on year after a fall in UK advertising revenue, while the cost of screening live Premier League football took its toll on UK operations.
https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/artic...s-bite/1440595

Quote:
Sky to launch full pay-TV over broadband as it struggles to hold on to satellite subscribers.

The company did not say how many satellite households it lost.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...e-subscribers/

Quote:
Sky broadband numbers fall in final months of financial year

Sky lost about 15,000 broadband customers in the final quarter

Virgin Media added 31,000

TalkTalk added 20,000

BT added 19,000

https://www.ft.com/content/186a6846-...e-15b2513cb3ff
Closed Thread