Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dark Matter

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Dark Matter

Old 24-09-2017, 15:37   #46
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Dark Matter

... and its over.

(From Joes Blog)
Quote:
All good things must come to an end – some much sooner than expected. Sadly, such is the case for Dark Matter

........ unfortunately, I just learned that our final option has proven unworkable due to contractual issues.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-09-2017, 15:45   #47
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Old 24-09-2017, 19:30   #48
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
... and its over.

(From Joes Blog)

I wish I could win the euromillions so I could be a silent partner for him and give him the money he needs for Dark Matter and future projects. I would love to fund another Stargate series.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 21:27   #49
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

One is sort of coming, but not from the same producers I don't think https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/20/1...-mgm-sdcc-2017
Old 24-09-2017, 21:44   #50
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
... and its over.

(From Joes Blog)

Totally gutted especially as Joe and fans world wide have put their heart and souls into trying to get a home for the last 2 series that Joe had envisaged for it.

Was it all in vain? Not really in as much as there are a lot of fans who joined #TeamRaza that have now communicated and still have ongoing interaction with like minded other members they may possibly never have heard of or contacted/followed.

I certainly will be keeping in contact with many of them.

#TeamRaza = family!
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2017, 21:54   #51
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
One is sort of coming, but not from the same producers I don't think https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/20/1...-mgm-sdcc-2017
yeah I have seen that before. MGM aren't going to be doing out of the goodness of their hearts though I am hoping that they have an official Stargate store and do a lot of merchandise just like startrek.com does. I was too young when SG1 started to buy stuff like that so I wouldn't mind the opportunity to buy a few SG1/Atlantis hoodies and tshirts etc.
Old 04-10-2017, 17:19   #52
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Want to have a chance to own something from Dark Matter for the cost of postage of a letter?

Here's your chance.

Quote:
Once a show wraps, the production usually holds an industry sale that allows them to recoup some costs and clear the stages. In our case, I thought it would be nice to do something different. A little something for fandom. I suggested to Jay Firestone, President of Prodigy Pictures, that we hold an online auction and give Dark Matter fans a chance to purchase their very own Dark Matter memorabilia.

Well, I spoke to Jay today and he has decided to go one better. He’s not interested in making money off this wind down. He just wants to reward fandom. So, rather than auction off these items, we’re going to give them away. And if you want your very own Dark Matter something, all it’s going to cost you is a little time and a little effort.

We want you to write us a letter explaining what Dark Matter meant to you. Make sure to include your name and address for a chance to win anything from a Dark Matter t-shirt or cap to a costume, prop, or a part of the set.

Joeseph Mallozzi

Pop it in the mail and send to:
Prodigy Pictures
124 The East Mall
Toronto, Ontario
M8Z 5V5

And you’ll be automatically entered with an opportunity to win anything from a G.A. badge to a piece of the set.

Deadline for submissions is November 15th, 2017. Don’t forget to include your mailing address!
Old 05-10-2017, 14:40   #53
General Maximus
Ran Away

now that is what I love to see, guys who care about what they do, the message in the series and respect for the fans and the ethos.
Old 05-10-2017, 14:55   #54
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
now that is what I love to see, guys who care about what they do, the message in the series and respect for the fans and the ethos.
Yep, it makes a change for a company to show respect for the fans but the recent amount the fans have done over the past few weeks has opened his eyes at least.

What I find amusing is that Jay (according to Joe) is only expecting a couple of hundred letters, since that tweet the deadline has been extended!

I dread to think what the postage/shipping costs will be when he ends up with thousands!

I hope you're sending a letter, you never know.
Old 31-03-2019, 09:38   #55
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
What happened with Dark Matter? Recently, co-creator Joseph Mallozzi explained why Syfy cancelled the TV show after three seasons.

Recently, Mallozzi addressed Dark Matter‘s cancellation on Reddit, saying Syfy‘s LA division did not support the series from the beginning. Read the entire post below:

“It irritates me too. Especially because I had a five season plan going in complete with character and story arcs (which is why we were always able to set-up and pay off so much as the show went along). But, since you asked, this is what went down…

When we were first pitching the show, the pilot script went to Syfy’s Acquisition division in New York. They picked up the show. But as it turns out, the script had also been sent to Syfy’s Originals division in L.A. – who hated it and passed. And when they found out that the Acquisitions department in NY had picked up a project they had passed on, I heard they were decidedly Unhappy.

Then the show premiered and outperformed most of their originals. Which, from what I heard, really didn’t sit well with Syfy L.A.

Fast-forward three years later and our point person in New York left to go to Netflix. As a result, we didn’t have a champion in our corner anymore. Even though we were the network’s third-most watched show, I heard that not one executive stepped up for us. And, well, Syfy L.A. were never really fans – so we were cancelled. Without so much as a press release or a thank you. We went back at them and asked for the opportunity to offer fans a conclusion, even simply in the form of a two hour movie. They never even answered the email.”
I think that stinks and Syfy can go and **** themselves
Old 31-03-2019, 10:09   #56
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

The Syfy channel ceased to be original sometime ago..All they ever show is 3rd and 4th rate rubbish.
Old 31-03-2019, 12:10   #57
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
The Syfy channel ceased to be original sometime ago..All they ever show is 3rd and 4th rate rubbish.
You got that right Maggy. It all started when they forgot how to spell SciFi.
Old 31-03-2019, 23:37   #58
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Sorry but thats just nonsense.

They have many excellent shows ;

Sanctuary
12 Monkeys
Alphas
Eureka
Warehouse 13‎
Haven
Defiance
The Expanse

I could list more.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2019, 23:48   #59
General Maximus
Ran Away

The Expanse is a very poor example given that it is another superb show that they cancelled last year. I am in no way religious but all i can say is thank god amazon picked it up. I think Defiance was cancelled too early as well. I would have liked at least one more season to bring everything to a satisfactory conclusion.
Old 01-04-2019, 00:11   #60
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Sorry but thats just nonsense.

They have many excellent shows ;

Sanctuary
12 Monkeys
Alphas
Eureka
Warehouse 13‎
Haven
Defiance
The Expanse

I could list more.
Good example Paul.
Sanctuary, cancelled after 4 seasons.
12 Monkeys, cancelled after 4 seasons.
Alphas, cancelled after 2 seasons.
Eureka, at least managed 5 seasons. (the accepted story arc).
Warehouse 13, cancelled and one of the few to be informed so it could wrap the story arc with a 3 ep season 5.
Haven, one of the few that managed to make it to the end.
Defiance, cancelled after 3 seasons.
The Expanse, I think you know where that's going (or gone).

So yes, they have had many excellent shows and cancelled most of them before the story arc has been finished or without allowing a mini series wrap up.

I could list more.

Last edited by pip08456; 01-04-2019 at 00:16.