Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moving house again where do we stand with contract please?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moving house again where do we stand with contract please?

Old 31-10-2009, 00:41   #1
Voluptuous
Inactive

Voluptuous is an unknown quantity at this point
Moving house again where do we stand with contract please?

Daughter moved into a property in September 2008 and had sky+ installed for all 3 services. She moved house again in June 2009 and took all services with her as it was a non cabled area and she was still in contract.

She is now more than likely going to have to move again and may be moving back in with me for a while so wont be able to bring her sky services with her this time as I do not have a bt line so cant use the broadband or skytalk. I do have sky freesat which is not sky+ although I know the card will work in it but not the recording side.

Will she still be in contract with sky? they did not say anything about starting a new contract from the beginning again when she moved in June but someone told us afterwards that when you move house with sky its always classed as a new contract. She moved from Sheffield to Nottingham so it was different areas too. I live in Nottingham myself

Will they class her contract as starting in Sept 2008 therefore making her no longer in contract even though shes moved or will they have started her on another new contract in June? If they did start her on a new one in June she will only have used 7 months of this contract before having to move again so thats 5 more months to go of the contract. What will they do in this situation please? Shouldnt they have made it clear she was being started on a new contract if she was? because they did not
Voluptuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-10-2009, 08:24   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moving house again where do we stand with contract please?

New contract when she moved as far as I know.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:57   #3
beeman
Kiss My Stinger

Services: Virgin VIP package, FREEVIEW
beeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to behold
Re: Moving house again where do we stand with contract please?

It depends on how the system was installed after the house move. if sky done the install after the move then it would have started a new contract as they would have subsidized the install. However if she had the system installed privately (contacted a local airel/satalite installer directly and payed them directly) then it should NOT have led to a new contract.
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote