Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 'TP-LINK TL-WR340G' Please Help!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

'TP-LINK TL-WR340G' Please Help!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:22   #1
frustrated_fella
Inactive

frustrated_fella is an unknown quantity at this point
'TP-LINK TL-WR340G' Please Help!

I'm absolutely desperate here and not afraid to admit that! I bought a whole new desktop PC a few weeks back and have no problems however i decided to also buy a wireless router as i'd like to hook up online with my PS3 that i've had since i bought it back in christmas time!

Well i'm thinking i'm either plain thick or do you need some sort of degree in computing to set this damn thing up?

All wires including ethernet to wan, power etc plugged in correctly. The PC 'DID' recognise the connection and wahey i had wireless internet actually happening!

The problem started when i realised i had no padlock sign and was unsecured. No thankyou i thought so i proceeded to try and find out how to setup some 'SIMPLE' 'BASIC' security. You know like security that you use to get on forums like this one, password username etc!

I have a 73 page user guide cd that i was told is simple to use.

Yeah right! On your fliping nelly its easy to use, is it hell! So i then went online to TP-LINK support after typing the ip address in the internet address bar as the guide suggested.

Everything was coming along nicely and i'd finally found something that resembled what i was searching for, it asked me to fill in an ID and password. It had feilds that i am unfamiliar with however such as 'WEP', 'WPA', 'WPA-2'? What the hell? I was left thinking. Anyways i went ahead and typed the passwords and what not in whilst writing them down so i wouldn't lose them.

I had a 'congrats your setup is complete message popup then all of a sudden my computer no longer realised the connection to the router and furthermore is not showing up when i reset and power router up no more.

I now feel i have done a complete boo-boo and need to reboot and re-install the stupid thing.

All i want is an easy life you know! Like the meerkat advert....'Simples'! It just doesn't work that way though does it?

Any help recieved would be very much appriciated.
frustrated_fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement