Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 01-07-2015, 14:24   #796
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
Well, that's another install this afternoon then! heh.
Or not.

Turns out the error message I got last night was because the new build superseded the older one when I was updating it, causing fun.

I'm on 10159 and all is good.

Even my Killer Lan E2100 works again after earlier Windows 10 builds killed it. (I got it from eBay dirt cheap in my defence)
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2015, 19:44   #797
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Finally got round to installing the preview on my Toshiba 8" tablet today. It's currently installing 10159
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 22:55   #798
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them

Another terrible build. Installers delayed starting same as 58 apps wont run. Seeing as it is only meant to be tidying up they are making more of a mess
johnhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:49   #799
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Stuck on 0% at the moment while downloading 10159! never had this problem before has anyone else?

Think i fixed it by restarting 'Windows Update' service
Old 02-07-2015, 10:03   #800
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Think I will stick with this current build then. Hopefully I can avoid the 10159 update. If not, will just go back and install 10130 again.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:13   #801
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

10158 was great for me no problems at all so i hope i don't ruin things installing 10159, which is finally installing now after i fixed the issue of 0%.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:32   #802
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Stuck on 0% at the moment while downloading 10159! never had this problem before has anyone else?

Think i fixed it by restarting 'Windows Update' service
right click start button open task manager then click more details open services tab and restart wuauserv windows update then that fixes it

here are the keys if anyone wants to clean install it after making a ISO from esd file

Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10159 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 10159 product key: 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV

Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview build 10159 product key: CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:57   #803
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

All installed and i am loving this build also, no problems at all (so far) just like 10158 other than the 0% issue.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:18   #804
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them

Insider preview app will not open lots of aps from start screen wont open. Lots of aps with desktop shortcuts wont run with double click but have to right click open.

Again AMD pushed driver HDMI not working have to use the beta 15.6 really hate the lack of theme building which has been present in the last few builds I have had to reinstall Display fusion for multi screen slideshows Do not like the new control panel icon or the new Sign in page background its given me
Old 02-07-2015, 12:26   #805
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhook View Post
Insider preview app will not open lots of aps from start screen wont open. Lots of aps with desktop shortcuts wont run with double click but have to right click open.

Again AMD pushed driver HDMI not working have to use the beta 15.6 really hate the lack of theme building which has been present in the last few builds I have had to reinstall Display fusion for multi screen slideshows Do not like the new control panel icon or the new Sign in page background its given me
Did you clean install or update? If people have issues like you have had at RTM it'll cause chaos.
Old 02-07-2015, 14:51   #806
johnhook
Permanently Banned

all of these issues bar insider ap not working was present in 58 I did mention the app problem before and that was clean install. This is an upgrade of an as good as clean install I serious doubt a clean install will make a difference and cant be bothered to set up again when there may be a new build in a day or so

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Sod it you talked me into it. I captured the ESD from the upgrade so I may as well. I did save the Display fusion set up as a theme so I would not mind testing that on a clean install too
Old 02-07-2015, 14:52   #807
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:

try a clean install see if that solves things working great here

Windows 10: Preparing to Upgrade One Billion Devices

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...4dw9cs.twitter
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 15:34   #808
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
all of these issues bar insider ap not working was present in 58 I did mention the app problem before and that was clean install. This is an upgrade of an as good as clean install I serious doubt a clean install will make a difference and cant be bothered to set up again when there may be a new build in a day or so

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Sod it you talked me into it. I captured the ESD from the upgrade so I may as well. I did save the Display fusion set up as a theme so I would not mind testing that on a clean install too
Let us know if you get on ok or whether you threw the PC out the window!
Old 02-07-2015, 15:47   #809
johnhook
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
try a clean install see if that solves things working great here

Windows 10: Preparing to Upgrade One Billion Devices

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...4dw9cs.twitter
I know what I am doing

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Let us know if you get on ok or whether you threw the PC out the window!
I never lose my rag. Installed from USB stick clean it asked for a key first time thats happened. Well I didnt write it down so I thought damn a certain member who believes himself never wrong said they removed the option to skip product keys but recently windows 8.1 has not and neither has windows 10 now .
Old 02-07-2015, 17:20   #810
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

The first big issue i have come across is since setting up a second user account it seems to kill my Bluetooth keyboard, i notice this at the login screen so i have to alternative other than power it off manually which seems to take forever sometimes.