Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 25-07-2017, 21:49   #1936
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Sky Atlantic VIP is to start on Sky. This will allow VIP customers to view new series before they are shown on Sky Atlantic.

A VIP customer is someone who has had an account for three years or more.

This could pave the way for Sky Atlantic to come to VM etc, whilst allowing Sky to still keep a form of exclusivity for their own customers
Advertisement
Old 25-07-2017, 22:32   #1937
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Oh massive exclusivity all 24 hrs of it.
Old 26-07-2017, 00:25   #1938
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Sky Atlantic VIP is to start on Sky. This will allow VIP customers to view new series before they are shown on Sky Atlantic.

This could pave the way for Sky Atlantic to come to VM etc, whilst allowing Sky to still keep a form of exclusivity for their own customers
I think the SKY Atlantic VIP channel launches properly next Wednesday. I watched a show on it tonight called Rock and a Hard Place. It was pretty good.

Old 26-07-2017, 00:52   #1939
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I thought they would have had the Premiership Football in UHD this season.
no way are sky gonna let anyone have UHD football they gonna keep it just like SA
Old 26-07-2017, 01:53   #1940
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
no way are sky gonna let anyone have UHD football they gonna keep it just like SA
Totally agree. They're trying to maintain and create as many unique selling points as possible. In the ever evolving world of pay TV you've got to offer content and exclusives your competitors can't. BT have adopted this approach with their 4k content and AMC.

I'm sure at some point Virgin will come up with their own game changer exclusive to their platform.
Old 26-07-2017, 01:57   #1941
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I had assumed that it would be a sort of Sky Atlantic A for Sky VIP customers and a Sky Atlantic B for non VIP customers/other platforms and that it would be something along the lines of how ITV Encore was to have been ie new series on the premium version that are shown sometime later on the B version.

They could also get away with showing the old GOT series etc on the B version as many won't have sent them. Maybe agree to let customers out of contract have it early as a retention tool at no extra cost to themselves.

Is it definitely going to effectively be a +24 channel?
Old 26-07-2017, 02:26   #1942
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I had assumed that it would be a sort of Sky Atlantic A for Sky VIP customers and a Sky Atlantic B for non VIP customers/other platforms and that it would be something along the lines of how ITV Encore was to have been ie new series on the premium version that are shown sometime later on the B version.

They could also get away with showing the old GOT series etc on the B version as many won't have sent them. Maybe agree to let customers out of contract have it early as a retention tool at no extra cost to themselves.

Is it definitely going to effectively be a +24 channel?
My understanding when I signed up for SKY VIP a couple of months back was that I'd get to see shows "exclusively" ahead of their actual broadcast on SKY. It didn't specify it was going to be SKY Atlantic content however that looks like the road they've gone down. Don't think it's planned as a +24 channel. Should get a better idea later today when I can look forward on the EPG.
Old 26-07-2017, 09:12   #1943
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Good grief you do seem to have become more rebellious lately me dear.
Old 26-07-2017, 10:54   #1944
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
We really do need proper uhd content from sky anything else is a cheap substitute
It will come, but not immediately. Sky will want to milk this for all it's worth to sign up new customers before allowing VM to get it.

I would imagine it will take two to three years before the Sky premium channels may appear on Virgin. And if VM have acquired exclusive rights of their own in the meantime, this will serve to oil the wheels.
Old 26-07-2017, 11:37   #1945
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It will come, but not immediately. Sky will want to milk this for all it's worth to sign up new customers before allowing VM to get it.

I would imagine it will take two to three years before the Sky premium channels may appear on Virgin. And if VM have acquired exclusive rights of their own in the meantime, this will serve to oil the wheels.
like it does for BT you mean when trying to get sky channels it didn't help them at all
Old 26-07-2017, 13:52   #1946
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Morning MB, Everyone

Have you heard from your sources anything about Insights TV UHD coming to VM? I saw an article back in June, was wondering if discussions have taken place?

Would be quite exciting to start seeing some UHD content come through.
No news on that channel.

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

Quote:

No comment.

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Asia TV Web site is reporting that Star Life OK is to rebrand as Star Bharat in August.

Star Life OK is on Virgin UK Channel 804.

https://www.bizasialive.com/life-ok-...bharat-august/

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Quote:
An interesting development, I would rather Discovery bought Scripps than Viacom as they are now embracing the FTA market, whereas Viacom seem to generally prefer encryption of their channels. I think it's only the Viacom music channels that are encrypted now.
Here some bad news for you!!!

a516Digital is now reporting that Viacom has enters a race for Food Network owner.

According to a report from the Wall Street Journal, members of the Scripps family will make a decision over the fate of their company next week.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/07/v...d-network.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 26-07-2017, 14:17   #1947
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
So how come UHD football is on BT then?
I'm just pulling your leg mate i knew what you meant i agree i don't think SKY will allow their UHD footie on any other platform, i don't think BT will allow theirs on other platforms either.

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Totally agree. They're trying to maintain and create as many unique selling points as possible. In the ever evolving world of pay TV you've got to offer content and exclusives your competitors can't. BT have adopted this approach with their 4k content and AMC.

I'm sure at some point Virgin will come up with their own game changer exclusive to their platform.
A box that actually works?
Old 26-07-2017, 14:30   #1948
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I'm just pulling your leg mate i knew what you meant i agree i don't think SKY will allow their UHD footie on any other platform, i don't think BT will allow theirs on other platforms either.

How about the 5 month late virgin store, some UHD content worth watching and getting some missing channel
Old 26-07-2017, 15:13   #1949
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
like it does for BT you mean when trying to get sky channels it didn't help them at all
That is a completely different story!

Am I not right in saying that BT don't carry Sky Sports in HD to this day? They also have fewer Sky Sports channels.

BT and Sky are at war, whereas VM and Sky have a much better relationship these days.

EDIT: Sky Sports Main Event HD is on BT YouView and UHD boxes.

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
How about the 5 month late virgin store, some UHD content worth watching and getting some missing channel
You will need to be patient, but it is just possible that some big changes will be announced for the autumn/winter period.

But I would not have thought that Sky UHD anything will arrive just yet, but some other UHD content is a distinct possibility.

No concrete information yet, but watch this space!

---------- Post added at 14:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post

Here some bad news for you!!!

a516Digital is now reporting that Viacom has enters a race for Food Network owner.

According to a report from the Wall Street Journal, members of the Scripps family will make a decision over the fate of their company next week.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/07/v...d-network.html
Here is a bit more detail on that story.

http://www.digitaltveurope.net/72285...ipps-takeover/

Last edited by OLD BOY; 26-07-2017 at 15:07.
Old 26-07-2017, 15:21   #1950
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post

Our two work like a cat chasing the mouse whilst catching it every time.