Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football World Cup 2010 - Pre Tournament start

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football World Cup 2010 - Pre Tournament start
View Poll Results: Who will win this year world cup?
Argentina 1 2.94%
Brazil 8 23.53%
England 8 23.53%
France 0 0%
Italy 1 2.94%
Netherlands 3 8.82%
Portugal 0 0%
Spain 9 26.47%
Other 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 26-04-2010, 14:27   #61
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society
Re: Football World Cup 2010

didn't realise we had a thread for the WC yet. I reckon England can win it. Ok we aren't the best but I won't let that stop deluding me into thinking we can win
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2010, 22:53   #62
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
didn't realise we had a thread for the WC yet. I reckon England can win it. Ok we aren't the best but I won't let that stop deluding me into thinking we can win
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZaWe3elBmE
Old 26-04-2010, 22:59   #63
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

One of the downfalls of moving to the East Midlands is all you see and hear about is the WC

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 27-04-2010, 19:10   #64
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
One of the downfalls of moving to the East Midlands is all you see and hear about is the WC
Surely that's better described as a downfall of supporting Wales?
Old 27-04-2010, 20:41   #65
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

I think I had it right the first time..

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 27-04-2010, 22:47   #66
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

I love the World Cup and I'm really looking forward to it. The constant focus on Engerland is an irritation and I'm determined to find ways of ignoring it. There's a lot of football to look forward to without having to focus on a team who will:

a. Lose to the USA (Ladhills will raise the price of Engerland winning the World cup to 8/1) The redtops will question the wisdom of having a foreign manager who doesn't really understand the Engerlish way
b. scrape through qualification. This will be hailed by the red tops as the bulldog spirit showing through despite having a foreign manager (Ladhills will make Engerland joint favourites again)
b. have a player sent off by a contentious decision, usually involving a cheating foreigner who plys his trade in the EPL
c. Lose to Germany/Argentina on Penalties.

The campaign will be hailed a success by the FA when they reveal that not one member of the squad slept with John Terry, allegedly.
Old 27-04-2010, 23:55   #67
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Well we could be banned from wearing our countries shirt if the police have there way

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-Cup-pubs.html
Old 28-04-2010, 17:55   #68
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRoad View Post
a. Lose to the USA (Ladhills will raise the price of Engerland winning the World cup to 8/1) The redtops will question the wisdom of having a foreign manager who doesn't really understand the Engerlish way
..whilst The Daily Star will find a blonde woman wearing an England bikini "to cheer up the nation's spirits".

Quote:
b. scrape through qualification. This will be hailed by the red tops as the bulldog spirit showing through despite having a foreign manager (Ladhills will make Engerland joint favourites again)
..and still debating why Lampard and Gerrard play like they've never heard of each other.

Quote:
b. have a player sent off by a contentious decision, usually involving a cheating foreigner who plys his trade in the EPL
And thereby making that team join the ranks of England's mortal enemies forever (such as Argentina, Germany, Portugal).

Quote:
c. Lose to Germany/Argentina on Penalties

...In the quarter finals

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 28-04-2010, 18:48   #69
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The English tabloid press seems to know nothing about football and panders to narratives (i.e cheating foreigners). They also believe that to be patriotic is to overrate the squad. One of them reported on Messi's 8 goals in 3 games as "Rooney might face competition for his place a best player in the world at this years world cup".

Something bugs me about International competitions and England.
Old 28-04-2010, 19:20   #70
Niles Crane
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The English tabloid press seems to know nothing about football and panders to narratives (i.e cheating foreigners). They also believe that to be patriotic is to overrate the squad. One of them reported on Messi's 8 goals in 3 games as "Rooney might face competition for his place a best player in the world at this years world cup".

Something bugs me about International competitions and England.
A classic example being Phil Thompson on Soccer Saturday a few weeks ago.

March 13th: Phil Thompson says Lionel Messi is having a "poor season" and Wayne Rooney is "streets ahead".
March 14th to 21st: Lionel Messi scores 8 goals in 3 games and takes his season tally to 34 in 38.
Old 28-04-2010, 19:41   #71
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

I don't know if thats being over patriotic and pro English or just simply knowing nothing about football? Probably the latter.
Old 28-04-2010, 21:18   #72
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Quote:
..whilst The Daily Star will find a blonde woman wearing an England bikini "to cheer up the nation's spirits".

..and still debating why Lampard and Gerrard play like they've never heard of each other.

And thereby making that team join the ranks of England's mortal enemies forever (such as Argentina, Germany, Portugal).

...In the quarter finals
I am little concerned about you views on England been in the world cup as your welsh you are part of the UK so shouldn't you support England which is also part of the UK, and vice versa English should support the welsh and scots if they was in the world cup unless they are facing each other, it seems you don't like the English which sadly is a common thing these days.
Old 29-04-2010, 18:17   #73
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
I am little concerned about you views on England been in the world cup as your welsh you are part of the UK so shouldn't you support England which is also part of the UK, and vice versa English should support the welsh and scots if they was in the world cup unless they are facing each other, it seems you don't like the English which sadly is a common thing these days.
Shouldn't Liverpool fans be supporting Man United's chances of winning the league this year? You know seeing as Liverpool and Manchester are both part of the North West of England?

Or is that 'different'?

And it would be hard for me to dislike the English seeing as my father is English, my OH is English, her 2 kids I've taken on are English and I've recently moved to the east Midlands.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 29-04-2010, 19:07   #74
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:

...and I've recently moved to the east Midlands.
*puts on my gary L hat on * but Leicester isn't in england, its in the asian subcontinent.
Old 29-04-2010, 19:17   #75
Niles Crane
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking View Post
If it's not the sight of non-white kids on TV upsetting you, it's non-English people having the audacity to not support England.

Find a hobby.
Closed Thread