Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 192.168.0.1 not working, why?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

192.168.0.1 not working, why?

Old 14-08-2006, 18:17   #1
nho1993
Inactive

nho1993 is on a distinguished roadnho1993 is on a distinguished road
192.168.0.1 not working, why?

i wanted to set up my router(D Link) and i wanted to go to admin to ru nthe set up wizzard and when i try go to 192.168.0.1 to log in and run the wizzard it just says page can not be displayed, any suggestions??

Thanks
nho1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2006, 18:22   #2
JohnHorb

Services: 10MB Broadband, DTV, Telephone
Re: 192.168.0.1 not working, why?

I assume this is a new router, i.e. no-one has changed the default address from 192.168.0.1 (and that IS the default address for that model of router)?
Assuming the router is set by default to be a dhcp server, make sure your PC's LAN interface is set to 'obtain IP address automatically'. To check that your PC is getting an IP address correctly, open a command window and type

ipconfig /all

The PC's IP address should start 198.168.0
Old 14-08-2006, 18:22   #3
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

quite often on d-link routers the page could also be 192.168.0.254

check what your gateway ip is cuz thats the address that you need to type in.
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 18:23   #4
JohnHorb

ipconfig /all wil also confirm your gateway address.
Old 14-08-2006, 19:14   #5
nho1993
Inactive

hmm this was used on anotehr network about 1 year ago and not sure if it was changed, there is a reset button at the back should i press hte reset button to refresh it??
Old 14-08-2006, 19:15   #6
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

If your resurrecting it from a different network, then I'd do a factory reset. Put's everything to the default settings so you know where you are, and can build up from there.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 19:17   #7
JohnHorb

I'd check the manual - not sure if pressing the 'reset' button will revert to 'Factory' settings (which is what you want), or just reboot.

If you don't have a manual, you can probably download one from the D-Link site.
Old 14-08-2006, 20:11   #8
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Also another suggestion... If you've manually set a proxy (quite common with NTL's proxies) that you set it to exempt local traffic... Otherwise, it will Try and use a proxy to view your router page, and fail.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 20:18   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I had problems with my router and looking at the modem config and the reason was that i'd manually set a proxy. Turned manual off and it works.
Old 14-08-2006, 22:07   #10
nho1993
Inactive

can someone plz add me to MSN and help me, <deleted>

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

working, thanks for the help guys

edit Rob C: Deleted the email addy. You'd end up with a load of spam.
Old 19-11-2009, 22:44   #11
radwanbasha
Inactive

radwanbasha is an unknown quantity at this point

192.168.0.1 why not working?

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nho1993 View Post
i wanted to set up my router(D Link) and i wanted to go to admin to ru nthe set up wizzard and when i try go to 192.168.0.1 to log in and run the wizzard it just says page can not be displayed, any suggestions??

Thanks
radwanbasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 22:50   #12
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Well done you've managed to rearrange the words in the thread title, what will your next trick be?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 23:41   #13
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Well done you've managed to rearrange the words in the thread title, what will your next trick be?
That was what I wondered..