Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 29-09-2016, 19:27   #4666
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Always like Carry on follow that camel and the joke about the prophet "Mustapha leak"
Indeed.
Old 29-09-2016, 21:51   #4667
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Always like Carry on follow that camel and the joke about the prophet "Mustapha leak"
Or Ceasar in Carry on Cleo 'Infamy ! Infamy ! They've all got it in for me !'
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 21:56   #4668
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Bad Moms - 7/10

Went with my wife to the cinema to see it last night. Pretty funny. Worth a watch if you enjoy a decent comedy.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 22:02   #4669
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Cell, based on Stephen Kings novel of the same name.
The book is excellent, the movie is a bag of manure. Nuff said, don't waste your money.
I really don't understand how someone of Kings writing ability would allow his work to be butchered, it's not like he needs the money.
The actors could not have read the book, the script writers must have briefly glanced at the book, the director was drunk whilst it was edited by a 2-year-old.
This was the worse film based on a novel I have ever watched.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:14   #4670
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Cell, based on Stephen Kings novel of the same name.
The book is excellent, the movie is a bag of manure. Nuff said, don't waste your money.
I really don't understand how someone of Kings writing ability would allow his work to be butchered, it's not like he needs the money.
The actors could not have read the book, the script writers must have briefly glanced at the book, the director was dr
unk whilst it was edited by a 2-year-old.
This was the worse film based on a novel I have ever watched.
The script was 7 years old when finally put to use. The movie was in development hell and was subject to a quick hashjob attempt to make. King himself wrote the script and what followed.

He didn't just allow it, he was part of it. Rich people never have enough money. This happens to good ideas all the time. Had high hopes for new Jack Ryan films (Tom Clancy) only to see a likeable actor in Chris Pine given a DOA movie.

Anyway, Jack Reacher 7/10. Not sure why I gave this a miss for so long. A slave to Scientology or not, Cruise knows how to stick a good movie.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:49   #4671
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Cafe Society.

9/10 The most cinematically beautiful film I've watched in a long time.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 15:57   #4672
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last watched the movie CONVERGENCE (Premonition) - 1999 on VHS

I think it was a workprint copy as there was a counter @ the top of the screen.....
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 22:15   #4673
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

The Magnificent Seven - 8/10.

Apparently this is just over 2 hours 10 minutes, but it didnt seem that long, which is good.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 00:22   #4674
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

That Sugar Film.

10/10 Thank GOD I went low carb three years ago.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:43   #4675
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Star Trek: Beyond 8/10

I trashed the trailer and Justin Lin as did many, given his past films were relatively simple cash cows I expected him to ignore the giant fanbase of Star Trek and produce some Fast and Furious space race crap, something which became a popular quote in the build up. So anything less than awful would have been a surprise. It was brilliant. Judge/Book/Cover is very relevant here and I eat the humble pie, Lin did the opposite of initial expectations and ended up nailing it. Bigger roles in the film for other crew members made it even better. Great to see Anton in his final film get plenty of screen time, RIP.

Roll on number four.

Thread where I originally trashed it: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33701974

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 12-10-2016 at 02:50.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 17:42   #4676
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Just been to see Deep Water Horizon, very very good and puts a human face on the whole thing. I can remember watching the news intensely as it all happened and at the time was only concerned with the environmental impact and consequences and looked at the rig and people in general as BP and the greed for $$$$. This shows the other side of it and what everyone went through and is well worth a watch purely as a disaster movie if nothing else.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 17:57   #4677
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
The Magnificent Seven - 8/10.

Apparently this is just over 2 hours 10 minutes, but it didnt seem that long, which is good.
Ws it as good as the original?.
Old 12-10-2016, 21:15   #4678
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

I, Daniel Blake ..... brilliant film. A few government ministers should watch though they would deny any of it could be true. Most of the rest of us know different.
Old 13-10-2016, 03:30   #4679
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last saw the movie SLEEPAWAY CAMP (1983) on VHS

10/10
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 19:16   #4680
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Bad Moms.

6/10. Predictable but it passed the time.