Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who : Season 5

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who : Season 5

Old 27-06-2010, 01:35   #316
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Doctor Who : Season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
from the voice, Davros
It sounded like the Dream Lord, to me.

I wouldn't have thought that Moffat would go down the tired-old "bring back Davros yet again" route...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
Theta Sigma Lungbarrow (the doctor)'s wife, and at some point, executioner
We still don't know for certain if she is / was / will be either of those things.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-06-2010, 09:24   #317
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aura

Watched both episodes back to back last night and enjoyed them both. Tied up some loose ends nicely but still left me with questions which will presumably be the recurring threads which will link the coming new episodes together. River being the one that stands out for me.
Old 27-06-2010, 10:31   #318
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I liked it.

OK, it involved a reset (had to really, given that the universe was destroyed last week), but I think it was done well.

Still left some questions, too...

1) Who was it who was behind the "Silence" & the TARDIS' explosion.

2) River...
I think they will both be the season 6 story arc in some way

It was an amazing finale. Moffat really did a grand job.

Glad they didn't just do the usual reset idea but made it a bit more interesting.
Old 27-06-2010, 13:38   #319
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Yup, Moffat apparently said in Confidential that River & the "Silence" Big Bad will be featured in the next series.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 14:05   #320
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

With the re-set, will it pave the way for more Doctors as Amy only remembered the Matt version?
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 10:40   #321
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

River Song was the only saving grace.

I didn't rate it.
Old 28-06-2010, 11:00   #322
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I enjoyed the whole series, yes he's a totally different doctor but that what Dr.Who is about

Glad to see a good finale that didn't leave you on a cliff-hanger and great to see more of Alex Kingston, anyone else thing that River should have her own series???
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 11:06   #323
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

I found it pretty confusing and thought there was too much happening just to tie everything up. Didn't like all the jumping in and out of time.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 12:08   #324
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I have really enjoyed the season and Matt Smith has done a good job, not replacing Tennant but being different. I felt a lot of episodes where tighter whereas some of the old seasons seemed a bit pointless. My favorite episode is probably The Beast Below. I liked that one, the twist, the way the little girl's song changed from the start to end bookended the episode nicely.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 12:39   #325
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Amy Pond is the best assistant yet.
Old 28-06-2010, 12:40   #326
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Better than Leela??
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 12:49   #327
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Better than leela ? Yes.

I still think Ace was the best assistant tho.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 12:49   #328
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Amy Pond is the best assistant yet.
+1
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 12:54   #329
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Better than Leela??
I never used to watch the old Dr Who, only started watching it in its modern version. Having googled her she's not bad but Amy still is top of the list for me. River Song is pretty yummy too in her role.
Old 28-06-2010, 13:04   #330
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

So all of the universes most evil races all team up to imprison the Doctor in a big box with lots of locks and things.

Then they all just leave......................

Leaving the Doctor in a prison which is quote "easy to open from the outside" !!!!

A mediocre series and a mediocre doctor, it's been a big disappointment.