Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Asus wl500g wireless router setup problems

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Asus wl500g wireless router setup problems

Old 22-04-2005, 12:13   #1
basshedz2
Inactive

basshedz2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Asus wl500g wireless router setup problems

Hi,

I've just bought an Asus WL500g wireless router to set up a home wireless network on blueyonder. I tried to set it up following the 'quick start' instructions, but cannot connect to the internet. On the 'internet connection status' page it says:

Type: Automatic IP
Reason: Lost IP from Server

I've plugged the surfboard modem into the WAN socket on the router and can login to the router. Someone suggested that i fill in the MAC address from the PC, but according to the blueyonder page:

"Good news! We've upgraded your service and as a result you no longer need to register your PC NIC Mac address. Just plug your equipment into your modem and reboot everything!"

If i am to enter my MAC address, what do i enter: the MAC address of my Ethernet adaptor, the MAC address of my wireless card, or the MAC address of the other PC i want to access the internet from?

Also, should i fill in either the Host Name or HeartBeat Server details? And if so, what would they be?

Please help, this is driving me insane!

basshedz
basshedz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-04-2005, 13:42   #2
zing_deleted

Re: Asus wl500g wireless router setup problems

simple one first,you have rebooted your modem haven't you
Old 22-04-2005, 19:00   #3
basshedz2
Inactive

basshedz2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,

Went home rebooted everything and it now works. Am glad i didn't throw it out the window yesterday!

Cheers,

basshedz
basshedz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2005, 19:15   #4
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

glad you got it sorted without it needing a flying lesson
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote