Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Old 13-10-2016, 19:03   #61
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I would advice anyone getting a face to face assessment for PIP to request a copy of their assessment report.
I would also advise them to get help from their local CAB or if they live in Scotland advice from Money Matters.
Excellent advice weenie.
Old 13-10-2016, 19:27   #62
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Our CAB just told me to read and redread the booklet that comes with the claim form. Let it all stew in your head for a few days, then make rough notes before going anywhere near the form.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2016, 21:35   #63
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I would phone CAB again and ask if they can help you fill out the form and if they can't can they suggest somewhere who can.
I don't know if this link can help you but here it is http://www.nhsdirect.wales.nhs.uk/lo...ce.aspx?id=645
Benefit Advice Shop looks very similar to Money Matters in Scotland.

Last edited by weenie; 13-10-2016 at 21:42.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 11:52   #64
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

This might help members claiming PIP or moving onto PIP

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be.../fill-in-form/
Old 14-10-2016, 12:13   #65
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Yes thats a very useful link weenie for those needing help on filling in the PIP form.
Old 14-10-2016, 12:17   #66
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:

Cheers for that I'll no doubt be up for swapping over soon and it terrifies me.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 15:00   #67
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

I can barely walk many days and used to have DLA, but even my DLA it required a tribunal to issue an award on both occasions, the second time the chair even wrote a letter to the DWP saying their stubborness was wasting resources as my case was an easy decision. My area has been running PIP for a couple of years and given that PIP has made it significantly harder to claim for mobility I simply didnt bother.

I know its only my opinion but as an example DLA used 50 metres as a guide to decide if someone is virtually unable to walk, this got reduced to 20 metres for PIP and the only sense that makes is for accountants. Can anyone say that someone who can walk 40 metres unhindered is less disabled than someone who can walk 20 metres? both are very tiny distances.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 15:11   #68
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

This is the demon that is black-and-white. No wriggle room, no compassion, no true understanding of the situation. Typical Tory stuff.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 15:18   #69
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I can barely walk many days and used to have DLA, but even my DLA it required a tribunal to issue an award on both occasions, the second time the chair even wrote a letter to the DWP saying their stubborness was wasting resources as my case was an easy decision. My area has been running PIP for a couple of years and given that PIP has made it significantly harder to claim for mobility I simply didnt bother.

I know its only my opinion but as an example DLA used 50 metres as a guide to decide if someone is virtually unable to walk, this got reduced to 20 metres for PIP and the only sense that makes is for accountants. Can anyone say that someone who can walk 40 metres unhindered is less disabled than someone who can walk 20 metres? both are very tiny distances.
Sorry to hear that the DWP put you through this.

Whilst it is believed that this new system is designed to put people off claiming, I would urge you to try for PIP as this is exactly the outcome that Cameron wanted when he introduced it.

Whilst it's true that a lot of claims are turned down and that the DWP rarely change their decision at the Mandatory Consideration stage, when it goes to the tribunal stage the success rate is very good when independent people become involved.

As a result, the scrapping of DLA is not producing the savings expected (people are less likely to get help with mobility, but more likely to receive care).

The Government intend to deal with this sucess rate by changing the system:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...unals-disabled

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 19-10-2016 at 15:21.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 15:34   #70
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
This is the demon that is black-and-white. No wriggle room, no compassion, no true understanding of the situation. Typical Tory stuff.
What else can you expect from the subordinate subservient DWP who carry out relentlessly the political dogma of those in power without compassion and humanity words which many in the organisation have never heard of sadly.

Hopefully the new work and pensions minister at the helm will be better then the last one as one can only hope.
Old 19-10-2016, 15:36   #71
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
What else can you expect from the subordinate subservient DWP who carry out relentlessly the political dogma of those in power without compassion and humanity which many in the organisation have never heard of sadly.

Hopefully the new work and pensions minister at the helm will be better then the last one as one can only hope.
You do realise this sorts of things were going on long before 2010? A National Audit Office report highlighted problems, way back in 2003.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 15:38   #72
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
You do realise this sorts of things were going on long before 2010?
l did say those in power which includes previous governments as well NK as one cannot just blame the current lot.
Old 19-10-2016, 15:51   #73
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l did say those in power which includes previous governments as well NK as one cannot just blame the current lot.
But doesn't that demonstrate that the problem is with the staff?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2016, 15:59   #74
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
But doesn't that demonstrate that the problem is with the staff?
You have to remember the main DWP staff are given orders from the top apparatus of the DWP who themselves generally carry out the policies of those in power and sadly staff lower down are too afraid to question anything as they are likely to lose their jobs if they start questioning the policies of those higher up in the DWP.
Old 19-10-2016, 16:15   #75
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Erm, as someone who's wife works in the DWP, can I just remind people that Civil Servants carry out the policies implemented by the elected Government - they can't just decide not to do things or change the rules because someone disagrees with those rules and policies.

Doing so would be a dismissal offence, just like it would be in most jobs (say, for instance, a supermarket check out operator decided not to charge a shopper for a trolley full of food because the customer looked poor).

If you are unhappy with the policies, lobby your MP to get them change, don't blame the poor bloody civil servant carrying out the policies.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote