Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | List of web browsers for you all

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

List of web browsers for you all

Old 15-02-2006, 14:26   #61
toom
Permanently Banned

toom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many feathers
Re: List of web browsers for you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W
ahh firefox must be evil then. Because of course there are no toolbars for IE that are bundled with spyware... oh apart from the 18 listed here as parasites. And then of course there are the numerous BHOs... but then i suppose if you install one of those it serves you right. But of course, as you downloaded someone containing spyware which was associated with firefox, that is Mozilla's fault and therefore Firefox is evil. Ah huh. I see the logic there.
I'm not stupid enough to dL tool bars for any browser, It just seems to me that you just don't like IE, If FF is so good then they should make sure that their sites are clean, but yes I was stupid enough to listen to some of the people here because now I have to reinstall windows, I'm just saving all of my work to disk before I format. Just to recap you, I followed the link that was given on THIS BOARD, so I didn't just yahoo my way to it.
toom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2006, 14:38   #62
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by toom
Just to recap you, I followed the link that was given on THIS BOARD, so I didn't just yahoo my way to it.
Which link? What post #number was it in?
Old 15-02-2006, 21:33   #63
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

Quote:
I'm not stupid enough to dL tool bars for any browser, It just seems to me that you just don't like IE, If FF is so good then they should make sure that their sites are clean, but yes I was stupid enough to listen to some of the people here because now I have to reinstall windows, I'm just saving all of my work to disk before I format. Just to recap you, I followed the link that was given on THIS BOARD, so I didn't just yahoo my way to it.
I don't have a problem with IE, and i don't love firefox. Infact, I am currently using Safari but it is of little concern to me which browsers people chose to use.

I would be interested to know which link you are referring to, as i have checked all of the threads you have contributed to and there are no links in any of them that link to software containing spyware/ malware. If you can point out the link to me i'll make sure it is removed from the site.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 21:57   #64
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W
I don't have a problem with IE, and i don't love firefox. Infact, I am currently using Safari but it is of little concern to me which browsers people chose to use.

I would be interested to know which link you are referring to, as i have checked all of the threads you have contributed to and there are no links in any of them that link to software containing spyware/ malware. If you can point out the link to me i'll make sure it is removed from the site.
Safari is fast! And doesnt take up a lot of ram compared to firefox!

I really wish i could use it but i cant access my uni portal using it

http://ee.kent.ac.uk

Go to local only, it wont let you in but even if u put a correct user name and password you get the same error

Quote:
You are not authorized to view this page

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to accept.
Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server configuration.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Authentication, and About Custom Error Messages.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 22:07   #65
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

hmm i get the same... do you get a security alert as well?
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 22:27   #66
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
http://ee.kent.ac.uk

Go to local only, it wont let you in but even if u put a correct user name and password you get the same error
I am guessing that is because you aren't allowed to view the page off campus?

Most protection like that is host based. Can you try dialling into the university's network, so you have a kent.ac.uk hostname?
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 23:02   #67
homealone

Quote:
sorry, I'm not sure what you mean about toolbars - for example the google toolbar I have installed works fine with both Firefox and Internet Explorer?

As for your gripe, there are several disclaimers concerning the use of 3rd party extensions in Firefox, you seem to have fallen foul of a bad one - it is not the fault of the whole Mozilla project, whose aims you may have mis-understood, open source is just that....

- and links 'on this board' are given 'in good faith', the admins have no liability for checking their authenticity- you do
Old 16-02-2006, 00:02   #68
pigsy1974
Inactive

pigsy1974 is on a distinguished roadpigsy1974 is on a distinguished road

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/ie7betaredirect.mspx

try this people, new Internet Explorer 7 works well
pigsy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2006, 00:11   #69
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigsy1974
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/ie7betaredirect.mspx

try this people, new Internet Explorer 7 works well
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...net+Explorer+7

Welcome to the site by the way
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2006, 01:27   #70
yesman

Anyone use or heard of Maxthon, I had never heard of it until 10 minutes ago.
Old 16-02-2006, 15:51   #71
toom
Permanently Banned

toom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many featherstoom has ruffled too many feathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
sorry, I'm not sure what you mean about toolbars - for example the google toolbar I have installed works fine with both Firefox and Internet Explorer?

As for your gripe, there are several disclaimers concerning the use of 3rd party extensions in Firefox, you seem to have fallen foul of a bad one - it is not the fault of the whole Mozilla project, whose aims you may have mis-understood, open source is just that....

- and links 'on this board' are given 'in good faith', the admins have no liability for checking their authenticity- you do
I only mentioned toolbars because sombody else said that there is a lot of spyware when you dl them for IE, I was basically saying that tools bars that you dl are rubbish and I never do. Bottom line, FF and modzilla has ruined my computing and I don't care who ever says otherwise.
toom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2006, 17:24   #72
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
Anyone use or heard of Maxthon, I had never heard of it until 10 minutes ago.
Isn't that a nice shiny bolt on for IE? tabbed browsing etc...I tried it a couple of years ago, it's ok.
Old 17-02-2006, 00:47   #73
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
Isn't that a nice shiny bolt on for IE? tabbed browsing etc...I tried it a couple of years ago, it's ok.
Yes, it looks like a "bolt on" as you put it.
"OK" sounds like you were not to impressed Rammy.

I think I will give it a go
Old 17-02-2006, 22:33   #74
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Ramrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
Yes, it looks like a "bolt on" as you put it.
"OK" sounds like you were not to impressed Rammy.

I think I will give it a go
I think it was ok but iirc it was a bit difficult to get CF to display properly using it......but thats probably just me
Old 17-02-2006, 22:51   #75
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
I think it was ok but iirc it was a bit difficult to get CF to display properly using it......but thats probably just me
did it not display your cards properly
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote