Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Been away for a week (moved to 200mb)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Been away for a week (moved to 200mb)

Old 04-06-2017, 15:40   #1
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts
Been away for a week (moved to 200mb)

Bit of a suprise I've been away for just over a week and come back to 200mb BB seems VM are changing their packages again.

Although can't say I have had any info about it. I guess this means another price increase?
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2017, 10:43   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Been away for a week (moved to 200mb)

what is your config? Is it a new 200mbit config for a new 170mbit tier or is it the current 200mbit tier with the 230mbit config?

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 20:34   #3
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

Think I am on the 230mb? noticed my down stream channels are now 24 as well

Old 05-06-2017, 21:04   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

yeah you are on the current 200mbit tier. It will be interesting to see if this is a free upgrade or if it has been pushed through by accident due to a clerical error.
Old 05-06-2017, 21:07   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

What were you on before?
Old 05-06-2017, 21:33   #6
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
yeah you are on the current 200mbit tier. It will be interesting to see if this is a free upgrade or if it has been pushed through by accident due to a clerical error.
Is that not actually the 200 tier that was the free upgrade from 152 or have I got it wrong?
I think the attached image shows the configuration of the current 200 service.
Attached Images
File Type: png image.png (119.9 KB, 35 views)
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 22:22   #7
Gavin78
Ice Cold

I was on 152mb then I moved to 200mb when the hub3 was on trial. when my wife lost her job last year we were out of contract managed to get a deal dropped to 100mb BB and kept the existing package XL TV -Tivo and weekend calls.

Still in the contract but came back from holiday on saturday and noticed I was on 200mb.

However looking at the VM packages at the moment the lowest BB they offer atm is 100mb but on my package selection 200mb is part of it so I guess they moved me upto that?
Old 07-06-2017, 19:23   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I think the attached image shows the configuration of the current 200 service.
that's not good, I get 10mbits more than you do
Old 08-06-2017, 14:53   #9
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

I just got upgraded at around 11am today?

There was a VM van around this morning working at th cab, which I thought was just normal work but I was testing a PowerLine plug installation when I got a speedtest of 20mb upload.

So I checked my Hub 3.0 and get this:

Primary Downstream Service Flow
SFID 48556
Max Traffic Rate 345000000
Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID 19603
Max Traffic Rate 22010000

I guess/hope it's a free upgrade as I never asked for this! I was on 200mb up until today.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 15:04   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

I have just checked mine and no change. I was getting quite excited for a second but I have a funny feeling I wouldn't get it anyway until I ring up for a shub3 which I ain't gonna do.
Old 08-06-2017, 15:10   #11
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Could it possibly be a trial? See if the network can cope? Be nice if it was a free upgrade.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 15:21   #12
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
Could it possibly be a trial? See if the network can cope? Be nice if it was a free upgrade.
No, as my profile shows me on 300meg too.

The thing is, it's counted as a package change as my bill has a 3p credit on (lol!) but because I was on Full House bundle it shown the speed as the fastest it can be when it was 200mb with no option to upgrade. Now out of the blue it upgrades without warning.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 15:32   #13
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
No, as my profile shows me on 300meg too.

The thing is, it's counted as a package change as my bill has a 3p credit on (lol!) but because I was on Full House bundle it shown the speed as the fastest it can be when it was 200mb with no option to upgrade. Now out of the blue it upgrades without warning.
Ah, could be a change to what is supplied in the bundle then? Perhaps BenMcr may know better. Normally VM like to make sure everyone knows if there is going to be a speed upgrade (then delay it for a few months), don't usually do it on the quiet.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 15:34   #14
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I got excited when I logged into MyVm and seen a "Your speed boost is complete!" message. Except it was telling me I'd been boosted to 200Meg.

Which I've been on for like....a year or so now, if not longer.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 16:55   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

mine says the same