Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | MMA

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

MMA

Old 01-01-2014, 04:27   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
MMA

New thread for 2014 then, merged the title with MMA.

First bit of news for this year is huge.

Amir Khan Has Signed Contract to Fight Floyd Mayweather
Floyd needs to sign but this looks good.

News on Anderson Silva after a possible career ending injury at UFC 168. It was originally thought that was it, however it appears it'll mend quicker than first thought but the issue remains the will to return to the octagon and the mental side of it, would anyone else want to throw a kick again after what happened? that will certainly mess with the mind of Silva. Weidman dropped him in the first which is again surprising, I refuse to say Weidman is amazing because he's not, we'll see Vitor Belfort destroy the kid inside a round, Vitor recently knocked out Bisping, English fighter known well to be an amazing striker and has great cardio and a heck of a chin on him.

As for Silva, he's got the Pacman syndrome, he's completely lost the ability to fight all of a sudden, he looks slow, poor and not the Silva the world praises.

Onto women then, at first I was skeptical about allowing Women into the UFC, but Ronda Rousey has changed my mind, amazing talent in a young woman to win numerous bouts via armbar and it really is superb stuff to watch.
Old 01-01-2014, 15:24   #2
tizmeinnit

Re: Boxing/MMA 2014

I do not watch any fighting and I find MMA boring however this year I intend to get fit and enter the ring myself as a George Forman type comeback in my kickboxing ( @44/45)lol also I am going to learn floor work this year also to see what all the fuss is all about much more fun doing that watching imo
Old 02-01-2014, 02:15   #3
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Looking forward to an action packed 2014!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 13:47   #4
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

bbc predictions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/25574389
Old 03-01-2014, 13:49   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Looking forward to an action packed 2014!
Indeed Chad it looks very interesting.
Old 16-01-2014, 18:34   #6
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Amir Khan vs Mayweather confirmation imminent.
Old 16-01-2014, 18:48   #7
tizmeinnit

hope Khan likes the taste of canvas lol
Old 20-01-2014, 19:55   #8
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
George Groves is confident he will get his rematch with Carl Froch as the war of words between the two English super-middeweights continues.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/new...-froch-rematch
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2014, 19:14   #9
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

We'd all want to see it but this is merely groves attempting to bait Froch. Won't work either. Froch has little intention of getting back in the ring with this lad. Groves can only get better whereas Carl can only get worse. I'd bet on groves making less mistakes and either outclassing Froch on points or knocking him out.

Let him chase Ward and lose again. Retirement will follow.
Old 22-01-2014, 03:10   #10
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

David Haye will headhunt the winner of Bermane Stiverne vs Chris Arreola

Both guys are bum fighters at best but somehow managed to land themselves in a fight for the Vacant WBC title. It's like letting Audley Harrison and Derek Chisora fight for a World Title.

Haye will likely decimate the winner as he looks to get Wlad into the ring. We finally seen Wlad get deducted a point for his shoving and wrestling last time out so who knows, if Haye gets a decent ref and lands a sweet one on the chin. If not then Wlad will just wrestle him and lean on him for the entire match.

UFC 169 Card (Stand Out matches) Saturday 1st February or 3am 2nd Feb (UK)

Bantamweight Renan Barão (c) vs. Urijah Faber
Featherweight José Aldo (c) vs. Ricardo Lamas
Heavyweight Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem

Predictions:

Renan Barão to win via UD.
José Aldo to win via TKO
Alistair Overeem to win via TKO
Old 24-01-2014, 20:59   #11
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
World super-middleweight champion Carl Froch has been ordered to have a rematch with George Groves within 90 days or risk losing his belt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/25888443
Old 25-01-2014, 07:49   #12
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
It doesn't mean anything, literally nothing at all, this happens all time. Groves' camp evidently knew this was coming hence rejected the initial sum of money for the fight. Froch see's it as a chance to make huge money but Groves wants a fair share of that which Froch evidently didn't offer.

Stripping titles means nothing now as boxers simply care little for titles but more so for the money involved. Does Mayweather want a) a world title or b) £50 Million. He'd fight the non title fight for the money I can assure you of that. If Froch is still in pursuit of Andre Ward then this ruling is even more hilarious considering there'll be a title on offer anyway, it makes no difference if Froch goes in with a title or not.

A better ruling would be ''Rematch within 90 days or face a 1 year suspension'' Hopefully then we'd get past this nonsense over ducking madatory challengers and get rewarded with the fights we deserve to see. Naturally you could bend the rules for legitimate injury or other personal problems.

Froch is still holding all the cards and this is nothing but an ego boost for Groves to rant about on Twitter.
Old 06-02-2014, 17:50   #13
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Abel Trujillo Vs Jamie Varner UFC 169

Truly sensational fight, Abel is out on his feet and gets obliterated before unleashing a devastating one punch knock out to seal one of the most amazing comebacks and devastating endings to a bout.
Old 13-02-2014, 12:58   #14
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Carl Froch and George Groves agree to rematch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26166323

Lets get it on.
Old 13-02-2014, 13:01   #15
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
at a football stadium on Saturday, 31 May.
Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge ? Wembley