Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Snooker Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

The Snooker Thread
Closed Thread

Old 27-02-2013, 11:38   #31
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Snooker

Ronnie O'Sullivan 'can beat Stephen Hendry's record'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/21592285

Quote:
Ronnie O'Sullivan may play on for several years and beat Stephen Hendry's record of seven world snooker titles, says his friend Jimmy White.

Four-time champion O'Sullivan, 37, ended a break from the game announced in November to say he would return in April to defend his title.

"With Ronnie's talent and fitness he can play for a good five years. I think he can beat Hendry's record by winning more than seven titles," White, 50, told BBC Sport.

O'Sullivan said: "Always in the back of my mind, I was never ready to retire. That was never my intention."
Old 01-03-2013, 10:13   #32
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Anyone been watching the Haikou World Open? Seems a bit of a shambles from what little I've seen. Lights flickering, flies and bugs troubling the players, people walking around directly in the line of sight of players taking shots. Just watching Trump v. Stevens and there's hardly anyone in the arena..
Old 01-03-2013, 10:27   #33
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Anyone been watching the Haikou World Open? Seems a bit of a shambles from what little I've seen. Lights flickering, flies and bugs troubling the players, people walking around directly in the line of sight of players taking shots. Just watching Trump v. Stevens and there's hardly anyone in the arena..
l think the problem now is we are having too many tournaments in places where facilities and standards are not of the same standard.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:31   #34
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

That'll be the Hearn influence...
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08   #35
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
That'll be the Hearn influence...
Indeed and that is alright up to a point but the trouble with Barry is he goes over the top in the end.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:31   #36
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Ronnie O'Sullivan beats Barry Hawkins to win fifth World title

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/22421611

Simply the greatest there has ever been in terms of talent.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:30   #37
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

I agree, but it felt like the most relaxed final going knowing Hawkins didn't have a chance no matter how well he played. There was not one ounce of tension when Sullivan plays the way he can in a final.

He's great to watch but how can anyone compete against him when he can just turn up and win, I'm sure if he wants to win any tournament he could if his mind was on it. I just wished he had better control of his demons and enjoyed the talent that he has.

Makes a mockery of the rankings though being 28th in the world.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:59   #38
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

I find it difficult to watch snooker now, I used to be well into it in the 80s. There were some great characters back then, and some electrifying finals.

Old 07-05-2013, 13:38   #39
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I agree, but it felt like the most relaxed final going knowing Hawkins didn't have a chance no matter how well he played. There was not one ounce of tension when Sullivan plays the way he can in a final.

He's great to watch but how can anyone compete against him when he can just turn up and win, I'm sure if he wants to win any tournament he could if his mind was on it. I just wished he had better control of his demons and enjoyed the talent that he has.

Makes a mockery of the rankings though being 28th in the world.
Quite agree, he has spent the best part of the last year since winning the last world championship working on a pig farm and hardly picking up a cue .He said in an interview that he has no interest in snooker anymore and is only in it to pay for his kids schooling .

Old 07-05-2013, 15:36   #40
Osem
Inactive

There's no doubt O'Sullivan is a great natural talent and was able to mix his flair for potting with some incredible safety and positional play. Having said that I found what he said about the tournament and his reasons for playing rather disrespectful to the others who clearly take the game far more seriously. This is the first time I haven't wanted him to win - I'm just getting a but tired of all the other stuff which seems to follow him around. I'd miss his talent in the game but not his attitude to the hand that feeds him.
Old 20-01-2014, 07:59   #41
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Ronnie O'Sullivan wins fifth Masters title by beating Mark Selby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/25802468

Well his talent has never been into question as he was sublime this week.
Old 20-01-2014, 09:37   #42
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Some say he ruins snooker because he's either too good or doesn't take it seriously enough because of his own personal demons. Yet I think he's just amazing to watch. If his mind is with it he could win every time and no one else stands a chance. I don't think there'll be anyone else like him again in the game that has that kind of ability that is so natural.
Old 20-01-2014, 13:41   #43
Osem
Inactive

Yup, I hope he's finally got it together. Over the years he's said and done some pretty unprofessional things which he should be ashamed of and that's a great pity because he can be a genius when his mind's in the right place. There are shades of the Hurricane in Ronnie and I hope he doesn't wind up in the same appalling situation. For me Judd Trump is the one who plays most like Ronnie and has huge natural talent, has his early success cost him dear though I wonder...
Old 05-05-2015, 07:54   #44
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Well there is still life in those oldies yet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/32584278
Old 05-05-2015, 09:19   #45
Osem
Inactive

That was a great final. I thought the Trump Bingham match was something special and for Bingham to repeat the act was astonishing.
Closed Thread