Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | NTL and Telewest webspace upload information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues

NTL and Telewest webspace upload information
Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2004, 22:50   #1
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
NTL webspace upload information

Telewest Upload Information is in the second post below.

Since it is a question often asked I thought it might be an idea to post this information that I made available through another forum. If anyone has anything they can add or there are any errors in the information feel free to PM an admin or mod to get an ammendment
Quote:
Uploading to and using your NTL webspace.

This can be achieved by either using a stand alone FTP program or by using IE.

FTP

Using an Ftp program you need to set it to connect to your webspace by giving it your details:

account name: xxx.xxx (normally in the form of firstname.lastname)
account password: xxxxx (your account password)
upload ftp address: upload.ntlworld.com
(note everything red is case sensitive)

Using Explorer.

In some windows variants you can point your browser to

ftp://ACCOUNTNAME:PASSWORD@upload.ntlworld.com/
(change the parts in capitals to your account details)

So in my case I choose to move some files by opening explorer to the relevant directory I have the files in and then I point Internet Explorer to
ftp://irene.keeler:MYPASSWORDHERE@upload.ntlworld.com
this leaves me with two windows open that I can put side by side on the screen.
Internet Explorer will show your NTL webspace and any files stored there, you can then drag and drop files to your space.

In Windows XP under "my network places" to make it easier, you can create it as a network connection using the ftp details as above.
You can also create it as a favourite in your Internet Explorer favourites list so you can access it easily through IE.
To save it as a favourite use the
ftp://ACCOUNTNAME:PASSWORD@upload.ntlworld.com
with your details in as the address to be saved
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2004, 22:54   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Telewest webspace upload information

Since it is a question often asked I thought it might be an idea to post this information that I made available through another forum.As with the information on the NTL forum if anyone has anything they can add or there are any errors in the information feel free to PM an admin or mod to get an ammendment

Quote:
Using your BlueYonder webspace

As part as the basic package you receive 30Mb of webspace. More space is available at a monthly premium as explained here:
http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/web/tiers.shtml

Your webspace address will be:
www.aliaschosen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Upload address: ftp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

User name:xxxx
(Same as alias chosen in webspace address. Name chosen through Self Care page)

Password: xxxxx (Password chosen in self care page)

All information in red is case sensitive.

Uploading via a FTP program.

You will need to specify the following information.

Host address: ftp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
User ID/name: This is your alias chosen through the self care page
Password: Password chosen through the self care page

Uploading via explorer

In IE copy and paste the following address into the address bar
ftp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

In the resulting pop up box input your user name and password as specified above.
You can then open an explorer window at the directory storing the files you are moving and drag and drop into the Internet Explorer window showing your webspace.

Creating an entry in your favourites list pointing to:
ftp://username:password@pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
is a quick and easy way to accesss your webspace through Internet Explorer.
One thing that has changed is that your blueyonder web space is also accessible through:
www.aliaschosen.myby.co.uk
Old 27-05-2004, 23:11   #3
Richard M
Inactive

Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Re: NTL webspace upload information

I just got a PM from Homealone who pointed out that a user should use the original password given to them on signup, rather than the password they might have changed it to.
Old 27-05-2004, 23:18   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: NTL webspace upload information

Also, another addition: the actual URL for browsing your NTL webspace

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/accountname
Closed Thread