Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Consumer 4G launching October 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Consumer 4G launching October 2016

Old 22-10-2016, 13:05   #16
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Consumer 4G launching October 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
You jest but could easily end up true at this rate
The Telegraph said the end of October. They are well-connected with VM and have published several interviews with VM management this year so I am more optimistic than you on 4G. 4G has been my personal bugbear about VM's services along with a comprehensive UK wifi network akin to that offered by BT.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2016, 18:14   #17
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
can you tether?
bump.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2016, 18:28   #18
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
bump.
At the monemt Virgin Mobile do not allow tethering at all.

But who knows when they introduce 4G eventually as they have not released any detaiils of plans ect yet.
Old 22-10-2016, 18:30   #19
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

ok but neither do other providers but they don't seem to do much about it. I'm currently with iD mobile and although they don't allow it they have told me they cannot restrict it so in other words you can tether although it's not allowed
Old 22-10-2016, 18:35   #20
richard1960

Quote:
ok but neither do other providers but they don't seem to do much about it. I'm currently with iD mobile and although they don't allow it they have told me they cannot restrict it so in other words you can tether although it's not allowed
Believe unofficially that is the position with Virgin Mobile too IE you can tether providing you are not caught out.! But no tethering is in VMs terms and conditions.
Old 22-10-2016, 18:42   #21
thenry
Inactive

Right. When I spoke to someone high up at VM not long ago they said 4G was coming in Q4 this year then press releases appeared. Do I take the plunge. It would totally be for the extra 2000 minutes and unlimited texts. I already get 4GB with iD mobile. Will VM remain with EE for 4G? iD are on Threes network. Are you with VM?
Old 22-10-2016, 18:47   #22
richard1960

Quote:
Right. When I spoke to someone high up at VM not long ago they said 4G was coming in Q4 this year then press releases appeared. Do I take the plunge. It would totally be for the extra 2000 minutes and unlimited texts. I already get 4GB with iD mobile. Will VM remain with EE for 4G?
Yes i would expect 4G to launch in Q4 as it has been well trailed not by VM but by various articles on the net,when it does i would expect them to have a new set of plans with higher data allowances,when exactly it will arrive is anybodys guess other then Q4,nothing official from VM as yet.

I would wait a little to be frank until the launch as the plans may not be as good value.

Yes VM will launch 4G with EE the same as now that is not changing.
Old 22-10-2016, 18:49   #23
thenry
Inactive

Ah sorry I forgot to mention the guy I spoke to said all current plans would transfer over to 4G so plans wise they may tweak but nothing major I don't think?
Old 22-10-2016, 19:17   #24
richard1960

Quote:
Ah sorry I forgot to mention the guy I spoke to said all current plans would transfer over to 4G so plans wise they may tweak but nothing major I don't think?
Thanks sounds ok then when they launch.
Old 25-10-2016, 13:05   #25
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

I would be nice if you just got the upgrade from 3G to 4G with the current contract/sim/phone.

Fingers crossed ;-Ž
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 15:10   #26
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Not many days left in october......
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 18:32   #27
thenry
Inactive

Q4, December latest.
Old 25-10-2016, 18:54   #28
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Soon™
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 23:20   #29
richard1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Soon™

"coming soon" a VM by word.
Old 26-10-2016, 00:52   #30
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I thought a few providers allowed tethering or allowed x amount of gb tethering, although it's been a while since I looked.

It is fairly easy to hide tethering but I think the main thing is, they don't want to have the support costs of people wanting to setup or use tethering. Data wise, it shouldn't matter to them if someone uses their data quota up on their phone or tethered.

I still have 4G unlimited data and unlimited tethering with Three mobile. An old contract which I have yet to be kicked off. They started kicking customers of this contract ages ago but never got around to changing mine. Brought a new phone outright instead of upgrading the one I got through them, not sure if that played a part.

Still shocked that there are UK mobile customers without 4G in 2016!
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote