Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Star Trek: Discovery

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Star Trek: Discovery

Old 19-05-2016, 11:50   #16
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: New Star Trek series in 2017

Well aside from a logo, that doesnt really tell or show you anything.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2016, 12:47   #17
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Really didn't learn anything from that ...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 13:15   #18
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

It's just a teaser to get the die-hards all juiced up.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 15:18   #19
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

I would hope that the series follows on from TNG/DS9/Voyager but I highly doubt it.

It'll probably follow the lines of the current movies alternate timeline ..which sucks IMO :/

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2016, 15:24   #20
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It's already been reported that it's in the 'prime' timeline between TOS and TNG - at least at first.
Old 19-05-2016, 19:02   #21
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

excellent and I am all "juiced up". I enjoy the new movies for what they are but I definitely prefer the TNG movies. I can understand why they have made them the way they did but I hope the series doesn't follow suit. Action and comedy is great but Star Trek is about the morals and science and I hope the new series continues the spirit of all previous series.

Enterprise wasn't the best but I loved seeing them deal with developing technology like shields, photon torpedoes and phasers and hopefully we'll see more of that in this new series. Enterprise finished off with them founding the UFP and dealing with issues like the prime directive and I am hoping we'll get to see more stuff like that as well.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 00:44   #22
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Well aside from a logo, that doesnt really tell or show you anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Really didn't learn anything from that ...
It does say new crews at the end. Clue perhaps. More than one Trek ship??
Old 20-05-2016, 00:55   #23
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I'd like to see Abrams on board but its probably unlikely given his rise to even bigger heights with the Star Wars sequel's. His refusal to bring back Fringe is dire he also left the new Star Trek movie in the hands of Justin Lin because nothing could go possibly wrong...

Any TV show related to Abrams does well. Who knows though I like the idea of it being a spin off from the new movies following a different crew and of course maybe there's an episode cameo involving Pine/Quinto along the way. Oh and Charles Xavier of course.

With the production quality of TV shows now it should have a fair shot regardless of which direction it goes and it already has the benefit of an established fan base.
Old 20-05-2016, 04:19   #24
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I did read that it takes place in the prime timeline and NOT the new film timeline.

Also that it will be an anthology show covering various periods between TOS and TNG. So that would explain the crews part in the teaser.

I am excited but do hope it's good.
Old 20-05-2016, 19:38   #25
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I had one of my super genius ideas today at work. In every Star Trek series they have a story arch or two-parter which we remember as being epic and one of the defining moments of Star Trek. In DS9 it was The Way of the Warrior and in Voyager it was Scorpion. I nearly poo'd my pants when I saw those Borg cubes blown to pieces in the opening scene.

So, each series has made continuous references to the Klingon-Federation war and various battles. I would love to see them delve into the events which led up to the war and maybe see some awesome battles, they should look stunning now compared to what we have seen in the past. I wouldn't mind a bit of Klingon opera as well
Old 26-06-2016, 16:42   #26
General Maximus
Ran Away

"Bryan Fuller is the man with a plan. Recently, the new Star Trek series showrunner revealed new details about the CBS All Access show to Collider. So far, few details have been released about the new series, which is being produced by Fuller, Alex Kurtzman, Nicholas Meyer, and Rod Roddenberry, the son of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry. In the interview, Fuller said the first season will consist of 13 episodes and six have already been planned thoroughly. He also mentioned the first season will feature a single story throughout its 13 episodes.

Production will begin this September, with a premiere slated for early 2017 on CBS’ streaming service, All Access."
Old 18-07-2016, 18:36   #27
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Netflix has streaming rights outside of USA :-(((
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 19:35   #28
General Maximus
Ran Away

I wondered how they was going to do it when they said it was going to be online. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot tbh. I appreciate things have moved on since Enterprise and the previous series but you can't assume that your entire demographic has Netflix and/or is going to want to stream it. I would have thought it would make more sense to have it on Syfy channel given that a vast majority of the population will have Sky/BT/Virgin/digital tv/equivalent in other countries.
Old 18-07-2016, 20:03   #29
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I don't think its a bad punt. You can't groan at the way Netflix is hoovering up shows and producing their own for a mere tenner a month. If they keep up with getting shows out the week they air or even getting the rights themselves then they'll become better value than stuff like Sky.
Old 18-07-2016, 22:30   #30
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I did expect this as Netflix UK now has every episode of Star Trek from every series including the animated one.

I don't mind as I am subscribed though. They will air on UK Netflix within 24 hours of the US airtime which is great.