Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 19-09-2016, 21:32   #1756
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

Services: Broadband 200mg digital tv .XL Tv package : Phone . win 10 win XP (Favourite)
gulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about them
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Yesterday i updated my Windows 10 laptop and problems started
on Restart all ok until i opened a www window immeadiatly the
warning aout open file security do you want to do this .
Happened on Every Link really annoying and i followed advice
on interent setting to cure this it Does not .
Note This happens on WIN7 As well only way to stop it was to
Roll back to last point .I think this in update below

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3185319) was the one on win 7 that caused this.
Similar one on win 10
gulf4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2016, 14:46   #1757
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulf4uk View Post
Yesterday i updated my Windows 10 laptop and problems started
on Restart all ok until i opened a www window immeadiatly the
warning aout open file security do you want to do this .
Happened on Every Link really annoying and i followed advice
on interent setting to cure this it Does not .
Note This happens on WIN7 As well only way to stop it was to
Roll back to last point .I think this in update below

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3185319) was the one on win 7 that caused this.
Similar one on win 10
Yet another reason to use an alternative browser that is not subject to M$ incompetence.
Old 22-09-2016, 15:39   #1758
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

Services: Broadband 200mg digital tv .XL Tv package : Phone . win 10 win XP (Favourite)
gulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about themgulf4uk has a spectacular aura about them

think this sums up a lot of people thoughts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37431343
Old 22-09-2016, 16:06   #1759
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Yup now its ***** officially.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 01:02   #1760
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Just had what seems to be a major W10 update. It took longer than W10 took to install in the first place ! Had to postpone going to bed as it threatened the end of the world if I switched it off. Pile of pants.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 09:48   #1761
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Since the Win 10 anniversary update the Edge browser has been virtually unusable. Chrome now set as default for the moment.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 10:02   #1762
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Since the Win 10 anniversary update the Edge browser has been virtually unusable. Chrome now set as default for the moment.

Edge is a pile of rubbish
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 10:48   #1763
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

my Laptop on win 10 i have turnd updates off untill M\S get there act
together which is likely never . most of these upgrades do nothing for
me .Should be Safe by keeping Antivirus upto date and no odd link
clicking by anyone who uses it.
My main computer this one Now on WIN7 And Panda Free antivirus
Chrome browser and very happy it is
Old 23-09-2016, 11:26   #1764
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
Edge is a pile of rubbish
Yes you can say that again as it has been terrible since the update.
Old 23-09-2016, 13:05   #1765
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

on the win 10 laptop i use Firefox and that latest update that still made
the security alert box come up Every link . i checked that Firefox was set
as full default and the prompt before opening a link was unchecked .
Chrome on this Suffered the Same problem .only cure was Rollback.
Old 23-09-2016, 16:44   #1766
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulf4uk View Post
on the win 10 laptop i use Firefox and that latest update that still made
the security alert box come up Every link . i checked that Firefox was set
as full default and the prompt before opening a link was unchecked .
Chrome on this Suffered the Same problem .only cure was Rollback.
Have you tried a clean install of Windows 10 as that is very unusual to happen and on both browsers?
Old 23-09-2016, 17:45   #1767
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Hmm! Touch wood Windows 10 has been working just fine for me..I quite like it..
Old 23-09-2016, 17:59   #1768
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

No issues here for me either, it is the best version of Windows so far in my opinion, although i like the Windows 7 theme better.
Old 23-09-2016, 19:00   #1769
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Still wishing I could use 7. This new update is taking the pee. Doing both rigs at the same time, the one in the sig is running 2 SSD's with the OS on one. The other is just running a 2TB HDD, seems to be no difference in how long its taking.

If anyone's wondering, the only reason I have windows 10 is because 'good guy' Microsoft made it a requirement for any Xbox title coming to PC. Now they're going as far as making it neccesary to have Windows fully updated to use certain games.

Edge won't be an issue, can't remember the last time I bothered to use any browser offered by Microsoft. Back in XP probably.

I know 10 still seems to be adding 4gb to my GPU. Appearing in places as a 12gb card. Anyone had that problem? Seems to have little effect to games, where memory is picked up properly.

Edit: It's done, besides annoyingly re-pinning their own apps back to the taskbar, nothing seems broken.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 23-09-2016 at 19:50.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2016, 20:35   #1770
gulf4uk
Annette stevenson

Not taking the chance with clean install . on Some it works others like my sons
he lost the computer for a while took days for it to reinstall
The answer i suppose is a spare Hard Drive install of WIN7 Using the original
serial number as long as same version of windows 7.
for older things i use Win XP 2Gig RAM And that flys it runs a programme
that only runs on that and Vista not on www so completly Safe